[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 戴森球.jpg (406KB, 1920x813px) Image search: [Google]
戴森球.jpg
406KB, 1920x813px
>I was left alone, riding the weaponized research vessel into the heart of a Combine world. An immense light blazed. I caught a cosmic view of a brilliantly glittering Dyson sphere. The vastness of the Combine's power, the futility of our struggle, blossomed briefly in my awareness. I saw everything. Mainly I saw how the Borealis, our most powerful weapon, would register as less than a fizzling matchhead as it blew itself apart. And what remained of me would be even less than that.

Fuck Valve. This would have been kino
>>
God I'm so upset we were robbed of this reveal
>>
>>389949159
Theres still half life 3 in source 2..

R-right guys?
>>
>>389949159
Can't wait for hf2 episode 3 mod with that amazing source graphics kill me pls
>>
>>389949159
>Borealis allah ackbar
I thought the whole point was that it might contain the technology needed to turn the tide of the war? Not just use it as a mudslime-tier weapon
>>
>>389949810
Eli didn't want the combine to get access to it, since instant transportation is something they need. After Eli died, Alyx became Punished "Venom" Alyx, murdered whatsherface and rigged the Borealis to blow.

Then Gman teleports in and saves her, while leaving Freeman lol
>>
>>389949810
Using it was considered, but the main point was to DENY the Combine access to the tech. It's unlikely the resistance could figure out how to use it effectively anyway.

By destroying the ship in this way, Earth and the Combine forces there are permanently cut off from other universes and the larger Combine empire. With no way to get reinforcements, the Citadel network damaged, the Administrator dead, and hope rising for the first time in 20 years, humanity now has a legitimate shot at retaking the planet, even if it will take a long and difficult war.
>>
>>389949662
The first mod is already out and it's genuine shit
>>
>>389950694
Really?
>>
File: 1503740536118.jpg (90KB, 968x646px) Image search: [Google]
1503740536118.jpg
90KB, 968x646px
>>
>futility of our struggle

i dont get why people keep saying that, it is not futile, the combine might be god like compared to us, but they lack the basic ability to reach earth on their own, they are from a different dimension, and have no practical way of crossing the void between galaxies, or just solar systems even if they could breach over to us again. they needed the xen dimension for that as teleport relay, to get into the same space earth inhibits when they breach through to us, and the resonance cascade on the earth side. there is no way this is going to happen again. that stupid fan fiction is as noncanon as it could get, it doesn't matter if the guy wrote the initial story if he can't even keep the continuity
>>
>>389952689
>Concave part harness the energy
>The outer part turns it into a weapon of astronomical destruction that makes the nu-Death Star a toy.
It would be neat as fuck.
>>
It would've looked like shit on Source

The insideout timefuckery interior of the Borealis especially
>>
One of the bigger flaws of ep3s ending is gman totally ditching freeman. I know people are saying oh it's because Gordon "can't make the hard choices and can't be as easily controlled" but that's bullshit. Gordon did 90% of the heavy lifting in hl2. He is an unstoppable killing machine and who has never been shown to make his own choices.

I don't see why he didn't put Gordon in stasis too
>>
>Post yfw portal 2s moon section was the foundation for ep3s space section
>>
>>389949159
So, wait, Gordon was supposed to canonically be killed off at the end of Half-Life 2: Episode 3?
>>
>>389954739
Gordon is a means to an end. It helps to drive home the futility at the end of the game. First you find out that humans stand no chance against the combine, and any resistance is just delaying the inevitable. Then, you also find out that you weren't even the "hero". You were just used by GMan so that he could mold and get close to Alyx.
>>
>>389955075
There is no reason to live.
>>
>>389955134
He gets saves by the Vortigaunts at the last second.
>>
>>389950343
Seems kind of pointless to destroy it this way, although the script indicates they didn't know how pointless the destruction would be until they teleported in front of the homeworld

Kind of a rubbish ending though, would have preferred to have at least some sort of hope at the end but this is flat out bleak.
>>
>>389954739
Apparently Episode 1 and 2 never happened. The Vortigaunts stole Freeman from G-Man's control and then, when they're healing Alyx, G-Man comes along to have a little talk where he basically says he's replaced Freeman with Alyx as his human agent and that all Freeman should do is protect her until her part in his plan comes to fruition
>>
File: Ilexa is for last-hitting!.png (57KB, 968x1624px) Image search: [Google]
Ilexa is for last-hitting!.png
57KB, 968x1624px
>>
>>389955191
Again, Alyx is tough but she is no Gordon freeman and that's a fact
>>
File: comb_assassin.png (670KB, 881x719px) Image search: [Google]
comb_assassin.png
670KB, 881x719px
>you will never be an elite combine assassin dual wielding pistols
>you will never be tasked with slaughtering resistance cells
>you will never burst into an old warehouse and slaughter resistance qts
>you will never have them beg for mercy after being badly wounded
>you will never see a qt resistance fighter crying over her boyfriend's corpse, before you mercilessly execute her as well
>you will never find the wounded in the infimary and slowly finish them off, meeting eyes with one of the qt girls with a cast on her arm before sliding the gun slowly in her mouth as she whimpers and spattering the old decaying sheets with her brain matter
>you will never carry the limp, cold bodies of young qts to the concrete courtyard and pile them in heaps
>you will never watch the stale afternoon sunlight fall on their pale faces, drained of blood
>you will never watch the crows start to gather around the fresh of carrion of so many young, innocent, delicious bodies
>you will never watch the breasts of a dead female resistance member jiggle as you drop her atop a pile of her comrades
>you will never look into the cold dead eyes of a female resistance member whose life you took only moments before
>you will never light their corpses on fire and watch the choking black smoke fill the sky above city 17, its horrific stench not even bothering you
>you will never find a survivor of your attack and torture her until she begs for death, revealing the location of the next resistance cell in return
>>
>>389955393
G-man seems to exist outside the rules of our world, I think he is looking for something more than just a killer. The guys seems all powerful, if he wanted people dead, I think he would just do it.
>>
>>389955340
But even the Vortigaunts said that you and Alyxs lives are woven together after their interdimensional space magic. Are we just ignoring that now
>>
>>389955393
Alyx can be controlled.
>>
>>389955685
The Vortigaunts also say that ALL life is linked together through Vortessence, if only humans had the ability to see the bond
>>
>>389955495
b-boner stop
>>
>>389949810
With that giant portal gun, the combine would be able to teansports tgeir entire forces immediately to any point in the galaxy. Eli didnt want them to gave that.

It didnt really do any good for the humans
>>
>>389955836
It wasn't a giant portal gun. It was unstable teleportation tech.
>>
>>389949159
>the combine/dyson sphere represents fan expectations
>the borealis is half life 2 ep 3
really makes ya think
>>
>>389957157
So youre saying it was a giant portal gun?
>>
>>389957542
>being so stupid you can't tell the difference between portals and teleportation
Here's a hint: A portal is a hole in spacetime that anyone or anything can go through for the duration of the portal, a teleporter is not
>>
>>389957957
The Borealis was basically a giant Portal Gun.
>>
>>389955747
There is clearly a deeper bond after their interdimensional space magic other wise he wouldn't say it directly to freeman about Alyx after they specifically used their magic on her and not all life
>>
>>389957957
Don't teleporters employ the use of Einstein-Rosen bridges? Aren't all portals basically just Einstein-Rosen bridges?

Or do teleporters employ the use of quantum entanglement instead?
>>
>>389957176
There were so many layers.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.