[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Dark project or gold for first time player?

Also does 360 controls work straight out of the box?
>>
Its the same exact game, gold has a few more missions
>>
>>389948090
>Also does 360 controls work straight out of the box?
since the game came out in the late 90s, I highly doubt it
>>
>>389948090
TDP since the controls are 2% less good than Thief II. Plus the story in the sequel has some continuity, so if you don't want spoilers, then go with the first one. Both are good, but TDP is my favorite.
>>
>>389948643
My bad. Misread the post. Ignore thqt post. Just play Gold.
>>
Thief 1 has bunnyhopping, you don't wanna miss on that with retarded controllers
>>
>>389948090
yeah no reason not to play Thief Gold.
it's the same as TDP but it has a few new missions.
also, why would you play with a controller?
but i guess it'd be ok, it's not a very fast paced game.
>>
Considering the age of the game I doubt it supports controllers at all. Even if it did it wouldn't support Xbox controller out of the box because Xbox controllers use xinput and that didn't exist when Thief came out.
>>
Don't see much of a reason to play TDP over Gold. Gold added 3 new missions, fixed a few bugs, tweaked a few of the original missions (one of them got an overhaul), and a blooper reel level.

Also always play on Expert. It's the only way to get the full experience. Some of the level design is actually locked on lower difficulties.
>>
Gold is better than TDP. More missions, bug fixes, etc. Get the NewDark patch as well (TFix for Thief Gold).

Don't use a controller.
>>
>>389949223
how hard is thief on expert for a sneaky vidya noob?
>>
>>389950198
The difficulty in Thief mostly affects loot requirements, forcing you to explore every pixel of the map. Haunted Cathedral mission would break your soul if you try that shit on expert
>>
>>389950198
Different anon but it's basically this same in terms of difficulty. I'm playing Thief for first time now and playing on expert just give you more game. You have to steal more things, or do some other things and escape after completing main objective.
On normal you have only main objective and mission ends when you complete it. I don't see a reason to play on lower difficulty. There is more guards and you have less HP but that only make game more fun.
It's easy anyway.
>>
>>389949223
Heh..Return to the Cathedral had a nasty complete skip in TDP.

Speaking of which, >>389948090 DO NOT play Return to the Cathedral on Expert.
>>
>>389950198
Its not overwhelming. I had no previous experience and I did expert on my first playthrough and managed fine.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.