[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

File: overrated.jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
overrated.jpg
84KB, 460x215px
Is this the most overrated game the past decade? It has the most GOTY awards of every game ever but it is just mediocre
>>
Unless you're gonna explain why you're asinine opinion holds no ground.
>>
>>389947240
>you're
As expected of witchercucks
>>
>>389947198
Its pretty good, I would only say the combat is overrated. I found the game fun but I found the combat stale, boring and way too easy. Timing windows are like... 8 hours long for a parry my 3 year old sister could parry in this game.
>>
>>389947276
Post why you don't like it.
>>
>>389947351
The combat is shit on all the time, you high? It's the weakest point of the game

Besides the batman vision, the handholdy quest objectives and 99% of quests being go talk to this person and go talk to another person
>>
>>389947240
>muh combaaaaaaaat is not like Dark Souls

What do you expect these cunts to say?
>>
>>389947445
>reading comprehension
He's saying the combat is his only real gripe, not that he's the only one who found it shit.
>>
File: Triss.jpg (194KB, 768x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Triss.jpg
194KB, 768x1152px
>>389947198
>Is this the most overrated game the past decade?
It is kinda underrated if you ask me.
>14 writers
>a gazillion branching story lines all affecting different things
>massive beautiful dynamic world
>content out of the wazoo
>tits that make all them prude amerilards foam around their mouths
>gore engine(i am still waiting for souls game to implement one but they keep those plastic body models that fling around)
It is the greatest open world narrative focused RPG to this date(some people confuse it with a sandbox RPG but it is nothing of the sort).
>>
>>389947351
No one really praises it's combat, so it can't be overrated.
Though I think people shit on it too much. I mean it's no worse than most of your open world RPGs. It does a good job of not boring the player after just few hours.
>>
>>389947434
>watered down from witcher 1 and witcher 2 with less abilities you can choose
>quests being designed around detective vision
>main antagonist is weak with little development throughout the game
>movement feels delayed and extremely laggy, which hinders combat as well
>constant self-talk is annoying and handholdy
>very few unique weapons that are actually useful, thus making most weapon rewards you get useless
>oils and alchemy breaks the game, even on death march
>many glitches and bugs on release, and even now Roach is still buggy
>choices rarely matter
>every bitch is now lusting over your cock although you are supposed to be an outcast
>quest to find ciri conflicts with the mundane shit you are doing in the game
>most sidequests are shit with few exceptions (no bloody baron is not a sidequest, its a main one)
Basically it is a watered down witcher 2
>>
>>389947731
Morrowind was better in both writing and content, and if you mod it tits and gore
>>
Your life is mediocre, faggot. It's probably the greatest game of all time.
>>
File: shepard-funny-face.jpg (36KB, 600x722px) Image search: [Google]
shepard-funny-face.jpg
36KB, 600x722px
>open game
>oh cool waifu bait
>next scene
>oh cool faggot bait
>next scene
>OH COOL LOLI BAIT
>>
>>389947198

>starting a thread as "Sage"

lmfao
>>
>>389947882
>It's probably the greatest game of all time.
stupid polenigger
>>
>>389947931
You got a problem dicksucker?
>>
>>389947757
I think the combat's great. It's only terrible if you play on a lower difficulty or are really used to Dark Souls.
>>
>>389948012

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>389947546
Obviously you have played dark souls because it's exactly like dark souls shit rolling meta
>>
>>389948023
It's shit even if you never played souls. In fact witcher combat is like souls, with an emphasis on dodging, but without the responsiveness to back it up
>>
>>389947731
Kid just read a fucking book. You sound like a retard
>>
>>389947731

>It is the greatest open world narrative focused RPG to this date

lmfao
The Witcher 3 story is completely infantile bullshit
>>
>walk 3 steps
>cutscene
>talk to someone
>cutscene
>explore
>get rewarded with a cutscene or some shit dialogue
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>389947876
Morrowind is a sandbox that is a plus but it lacks the world changes that are present in TW3 after every quest.Only trolls and retards would try to compare those two excellent games that excel in totally different aspects of their gameplay and story building.

Are you a troll or a retard?
>inb4 something else
So a troll...
>>
>>389948273

Don't you like the (((GAMEPLAY*))) and (((RPG MECHANICS*)))?
*nonexistant
>>
>>389948282
>world changes that are present in TW3

LOL nigger what?

Literally NOTHING changes.
If you finish the main-quest you get thrown into a world where everything that you just did NEVER HAPPENED and all the characters are GONE.
>>
>>389948273
Europeans are infantilized, low energy proles who want a sweeping narrative rather than challenging gameplay.

There. I've finally said it.
>>
>>389948216
I've read over a thousand books already.What are you implying,are you a brainlet?
>>
File: 1495639245048.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495639245048.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
>>389947198

Where's Fallout 5 or TES 6, you worthless piece of shit?
>>
>>389948282
>morrowind is a sandbox
That has a better main story, writing, quests and RPG elements. It also has better exploration and more varied spells. It does everything Witcher 3 does, besides melee and graphics, and does it better
>>
>>389948391

I'm European and I hate Witcher 3.
I don't even consider it a RPG.
>>
>>389948372
>he did not play TW3
Google up what different quests may change in the world.Even minor quests can change the landscape.
>>
>>389947198
Sup Todd.
>>
>>389948631
>>389948458
Is this a new meme? Todd would love the Witcher 3, it's dumbed down and full of handholding for the causals.
>>
File: 1431697464903.jpg (130KB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
1431697464903.jpg
130KB, 896x504px
>>389948273

>talk to NPC
>yes, take quest, yes (ironic), no (yes)
>walk to cave
>clear cave
>pick up random item
>return to quest giver
>repeat

American RPGs everybody!
>>
>>389948521

and how does that matter If I magically end up in a pre-story world once I finish the main-story?

That is retarded.
Everything about this game is retarded.
And it's not an RPG.
>>
>>389948391
funny it sounds like you're describing typical american console gamers who lap up japanese games like the witcher 3
>>
>>389948498
>I'm European
Turks,Russians and niggers are not European.Your opinion is discarded.
>>
>>389948787

>implying I'm turkish, russian or a nigger.

lmfao
Stay mad, American mudblood.

I'm aryan, your ancestry is disgusting.
>>
>>389948708
>the imbecile continues his ravings
You understand that you are getting assblasted about what happens after the game is over, when people already told you that TW3 is not a sandbox game.
>>
>>389948692
Exactly like the Witcher 3, how amazing! Except you can replace the go to cave as go talk to someone
>>
>>389948849
>I'm aryan
Of course you are 100% pure aryan but...
Pajeets are not European either, my Indian/Pakistani friend.
>>
>>389948395
Reading 1000 shit fiction fantasy books is about as impressive as managing to sit through all of the w3
>>
>>389948708

Good to know that W3 was your first GRP game ever.

Because if you played more of the genre you will know that's a pretty standard approach sincle like early 2000
>>
There's no sense of immersion at all. The game doesn't allow you to solve problems or quests in your own, Geralt talks to himself all the time, spelling out the solution. It feels as if you are being guided along every step of the way. Self talking protagonists should die in a fire
>>
>>389949045

I have played every fucking RPG in existance, I kid you not.
I can not remember a single RPG that magically transports you to a world where none of what you did ever happened and all characters are gone
>>
>>389948692
>American RPGs
you mean polish
>>
>>389947763
Batman vision and hold holding is slowly killing this game for me. Don't get me wrong, I feel like I got a shit ton of gameplay for the 60$ I paid for th game and all the DLC, but I'm afraid that by the time I get to Kaer Morhen, the core mechanics will have already bored me to death.

The issue is with the Batman-vision and self-talk. Geralt always tells the player what monster they're hunting and exactly what they need to do to find/kill the monster. It's disappointing because they give you a bestiary and all the tools you need to identify and defeat a beast yourself if you put in the work, but the game just tells you out loud everything you need to do.

I'd like it better if the game gave you all the clues of what the monster was, where it was spawning etc., and then you had to use the beastiary to connect the dots and do all rituals and such needed to summon and defeat the monster. If you happened to misread the dialog and clues, you'd end up preparing for the wrong fight and get your shit kicked in. In this way, every witch hunt would be a unique puzzle until you actually became a competent witcher that knew a foglet when he heard one.

TLDR: Batman vision makes Witcher 3 less fun
>>
>>389949161
The Witcher devs are too afraid that casuals are mad that they miss out some quests, so they did a world reset. Consequences? What's that? You only get any sort of punishment if Geralt dies in the ending, which is hard to achieve
>>
>>389948692
>roleplaying as a monster hunter
>dislike when you are sent out to kill monsters
you need to go and check yourself
>>
>>389947198
>Is this the most overrated game the past decade?
Nah, that title is reserved for Bloodbore.
>>
>>389949251
Oh no no no we can't expect causals to do all of that! Here, watch another cutscene!
>>
>>389949413
It didn't get as many GOTY awards though
>>
People at the time longed for an rpg with realistic setting and scale, stuff like Novigrad was yet to be. Geralt was rendered more handsome so that teens would enjoy more playing the part. Story and gritty tones meant everything.
>>
>>389947276
Unless you are going to explain why makes sense faggot
>>
>>389949251
Can you imagine your average brainlet from /v/ managing to do a quest by themselves?

Unfortunately the game was created with casuals in mind.Remember the games journalist that failed cuphead's tutorial level?People like that are the cancer that is killing gaming today.
>>
Yes. It's a cinematic experience that had a shoehorned in open world that adds nothing to the game. It felt like a linear game stuffed in an open world for the sake of it
>>
>>389949543
>remember the games journalist that failed cuphead's tutorial level?

sauce?
pl0x
>>
>>389949746
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOU-xnr0Y4s
>>
>>389949906

thx
that is fucking embarassing.
>>
>>389947763
>no rebuttal
>>
>>389950176
>write a bunch of shit
>wonder why nobody is giving him (you)s
>>
>>389950265
He was asked to post why he didn't like it though
>>
>>389950265
>bunch of shit
Should be easy to disprove it then
>>
>>389947198
>Sage

Holy fuck, I'm dying here
>>
WHISTLES
>>
>>389949732
This, basically. Lazy as fuck open world
>>
>>389950384
>Should be easy to disprove it then
Nah even when you disprove a troll it wouldn't matter.Just ignore him.
>>
>>389950435

JASON
JASON
JASON
JASON
>>
File: 1434756265684.jpg (126KB, 721x705px) Image search: [Google]
1434756265684.jpg
126KB, 721x705px
lol witcherdrones getting BTFO again
>>
>>389950546
>any opinion that deviates from mine is a troll!
Wow witcher fans are drones
>>
File: SJisokaywhenwedoit.jpg (872KB, 3630x4069px) Image search: [Google]
SJisokaywhenwedoit.jpg
872KB, 3630x4069px
>>389947198
>>
>>389950546

>he actually liked witcher 3

what's it like being 14 and having never had sex?
>>
File: 1502973556895.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502973556895.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>389950176
I wasn't looking to argue, I just wanted to know why you didn't like it.
>>
>Fucking cut scenes when you want to trade with a merchant

l o l
>>
>>389949251

Unfortunately, it seems to have propelled the game to huge success. I played about half to maybe 3/4 of the first Witcher with the intent to play Witcher 3 eventually. I had heard so much praise for it that I thought I might as well play the other games. I ended up dropping the first Witcher because I just didn't have time to play it all the way through and I felt like I got the gist of it by the end. I jumped straight to Witcher 3 out of impatience, and immediately noticed the stuff that had been cut.

For instance, as you said, in the Witcher the bestiary was actually useful. In Witcher 3 it feels as though Geralt tells you everything you need to do. At the very least in the first game you may have to check the bestiary to know where a monster's lair is or what it is weak to. Also, there were quests in Witcher that actually required you to do some thinking/investigating on your own. One that drove me fucking crazy was the quest where you have to find out who is stalking some other dude in Vizima (I think?). You have to wait outside of his house at a particular time of night and there will be a guy there. At the time I didn't find anything that blatantly told me to do this. He didn't even tell me to wait outside, Geralt didn't say it out loud. It was only one way out of several that you could continue the branching questline though, since it was all about catching a murderer or something like that. There are many other things that seem to have gotten cut too.

Anyways, I'm still playing it right now but it seems to me to be overhyped. It feels a lot more cinematic than I expected, and it is very much based on the conventional open world design of placing 30 icons on your map that you hit, which then may lead to the creation of new icons if they're quest related. These kind of games are relaxing in a mindless way, but they feel like they play themselves. You just have to be along for the ride.
>>
>>389951286
>cutscenes when you talk to a random quest giver
AAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>389949251
Is there a mod that disables the self talk?
>>
>>389947198
That's not Nier Automata
>>
>>389952142
>most overrated game the past decade
>is just mediocre
>not Nier Automata
everyrthing checks out
>>
>>389952142
Vocal weebs don't count
>>
I picked the GOTY up for €25 last week.

But I don't play games until everyone stops talking about it. Guess I'll wait another year.
>>
>>389948216
>Kid

Underage detected.
>>
>>389947198
>shit open world
>shit antagonist
>shit RPG elements
>mediocre main storyline
>mediocre characters
>shit combat
Yes
>>
>>389949517
Japanese games don't get awards from Western media.
>>
>>389950635
>let me cherry pick dialog out of context
I shouldn't even be responding to shitty bait
>>
>>389949161
W3 was made for newcomers on console.

They actually admitted that the PS4 made CDPro triple A.
>>
>>389949034
Stay mad neo Nazis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Aryan_peoples
>>
>>389948787
>Russians
eastern europians
>>
>>389953901
Yes Pajeet you are 100% European.In the middle ages Anglo and French/German peoples were throwing their shit on the streets too.What a shame that they couldn't adopt the Roman ways.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.