[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Elder Scrolls 6 Hopes and Predictions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
So I wanted to make this thread for a while to just ask you guys for your honest ideas. What are your hopes for TES6 and what are your predictions.
Try to avoid posting stuff like "kek I hope Todd Howard gets fired and I predict TES6 will be shit". We already know that a lot of you have this generally negative feeling about the direction the series is going.
I want to know what your genuine hopes for the series are and what you genuinely think might happen in TES6 in more depth than one or two line shitposts to try and look cool and fit in because muh board culture.

So yeah,
Hopes and predictions
>No voiced protagonist
>No established backstory
>Improved Magic system with customized spells back in the game
>Modular armour like in Morrowind (I think this one is pretty likely since FO4 already had modular armour)
>Better melee combat
>Well designed guild quests and stories
>Well designed main story and villains
>Good side quests and dungeons
>No more dialogue wheel
>Settlement building system improved and toned back to being one single village that you can build up out in a frontier type area, this system isn't bad but it was far too pervasive in FO4 and resulted in Diamond City basically being the only settlement in the game that wasn't player built trash.
>>
kek I hope Todd Howard gets fired and I predict TES6 will be shit
>>
>>
Nude options and sex mods built in, because fuck knows that's the only reason any of us would play it anyway, might as well save us the dl.
>>
Elder scrolls 6 will be designed as modders playground. Bethesda will minimize their input on content production. They will instead focus on lowering barriers of entry for first timers and amateur mod aspirants in order to milk the revenue of paid mods. Elder scrolls 6 will be, in many ways, a husk of a setting. It will be the YouTube of video games.
>>
I just want the settlements to be bigger. The amount of times I hear the jarls say 'MUH CITY' when it's like 20 square meters big just ruins the game for me.
>>
co-op
>>
Special legendary weapons that aren't just a basic weapon but does extra damage to khajiits or some shit.

All the systems they introduced in fallout 4 like settlement building but further developed and refined instead of feeling like a clunky experimental thing that doesn't quite work
>>
>>389938439
I mostly agree with of those. I would also like for beast races to have beast legs again, not human feet. And also to have more variety in both beast races's faces, since MW beasts have mostly been recolours of each other.
>>
>>389939204
Do we really need a fourth co-op Elder Scrolls game? Fifth if you count the new Morrowind co-op mod.
>>
>>389939079
as much as i dont want this to be true it does seem plausible
>>
>>389939638
yea
>>
>>389939718
i agree
>>
>>389938439
By all acounts they haven't even started working on it
>>
>>389938439
We're not going to get another TES game for a few more years still, Zenimax fucked them with ESO and they've also got that card game going on. They stated just the other week that they haven't even started development. But, I do like thinking about it. I'd like;
>good animations for once
>in-game timed quests (If you don't do some quests within a certain amount of in-game time you fail them)
>no essential NPCs
>reputation system where aligning with some factions or NPCs lock you out of other factions or quests
>bigger cities
>better magic
>melee combat which actually improves as you level it (ala Gothic)
>a focus on character builds and the ability to goof your stats if you're retarded
>spell creation
>good level design for dungeons
>better puzzles and traps
>no level scaling for both items and enemies
There's a bunch more, but whatever.

>>389939638
I mean, I haven't heard of co-op in TES outside of the MMO or mods. It would be nice if they did something with co-op like the new Divinity does.
>>
>>389940247
Battlespire and Shadowkey had online co-op as well. It's about time an unmodded mainline game supported it though.
>>
Todd will just keep re-releasing Skyrim for every new console that comes out and from his new steam knock off with only Skyrim mods, then they will make a Skyrim movie and later on a Skyrim Netflix serie and then will add a DLC that adds multiplayer and we will get tournaments and e-sports events all on the same shitty engine
>>
>>389940247
Battlespire had coop
I have no idea why people say others TES are coop since they aren't, except if you count morrowind coop which is a non functional buggy mess as of now
>>
>>389940435
>Battlespire and Shadowkey had online co-op as well.
I didn't know that. Are those games any good? I've only played Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. I own Redguard but never got it to run well.
>>
>>389940451
Haha epic anon
ePIC
>>
>>389938439
Hammerfell
Crowns and Forebears
Cosairs and Pirates
Dusty Dunes and Oasis
High Rock with KNIGGAS and noble houses
Sword Singing, Sailing and scimitars
>>
>>389938439
Gameplay like an updated Oblivion with better graphics.
Allow access to all of Tamriel. I'm sick of being stuck in one zone and not being able to see what's going on in the other zones
>>
File: 1466368652634.jpg (28KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
1466368652634.jpg
28KB, 638x638px
They're going to make it so that non creation-club .esms won't work with the game so that the only content you can add to your game is Bethesda-made DLC or DLC made by players which you then have to buy.

It's going to be shit.

Everyone will fucking buy it anyway because "TES games are cozy!!"
"They're a fun casual action fantasy game!!"
"I like exploring big worlds"
regardless of how bad we all know it will be.
>>
>>389938439
>settlement building
No
>>
>>389938439
P A I D M O D S
A
I
D

M
O
D
S
>>
>>389938439
Will we see it before 2020?
>>
>>389939079
Stop Anon.

This sounds way too real.
>>
Elsweyr, Blackmarsh or mainland Morrowind.

That's all really, I'm sick of going to different parts of europe populated by different cultures of human, I want real fantasy, something new and alien.

I'd add the elven lands to the list, Vallenwood and the Summerset Isles, but I don't trust Bethesda to not just make them just Tolkien elves if brought into the spotlight.
>>
>>389938439
>Todd Howard
>TES:6
choose one
>>
>>389941436
all taking aside
co-op would win game of the year even if the game would be shit, other than that a better story would be recommended with multiple options like it was in FO:NV
>>
>>389941365
Mainland Morrowind please, expansion going back to Vardenfell
>>
>>
I don't get why you retards are saying Todd will get fired? Why the fuck would Todd get fired?
Are you all just children who dont remember Morrowind development?
>>
>>389938439
A story rich walking simulator mostly. Some shity combat like Wild Hunt or even a QTE-like. Ten perks total.
>>
File: 1470510637747.jpg (91KB, 540x745px) Image search: [Google]
1470510637747.jpg
91KB, 540x745px
Dank Lore
Better Writing
Better World Building
Better Characters
Better realization of setting
Gameplay mechanics that make use of the setting
Bandits etc are tied to actual factions
No more questlines ending with you as leader
Failable quests
No paid mods
More options for characterisation
No fucking voiced PC
>>
>>389941789
why do that when you have mods
>>
>>389938439
>Good side quests
What is that thing?
What makes a quest good? And don't you dare say it's story or I'll slap your face.
>>
>>389940915
But if they gave the whole continent away what next?
>>
>>389939079
That's actually not so bad, as long as they don't monetize everything.
>>
>>389938439

If they don't dump their current engine for something modern, I'm dropping any excitement for the game. I'm still gonna listen to the Soundtrack, but just like with Skyrim, I expect that to be the only part I would enjoy.
>>
>>389942009
>If they don't dump their current engine
they will never dump gamebryo because it's easy as fuck to mod
>>
want: daggerfall style character creation skill list for creating custom classes
predictions: dumbed down even more, new features that are ripped off others mods (eg. sim settlers for fallout 4 will now be some sort of make your own town on the pre designated points), even more generic quests that have no background in them, massive spectale fights that become medicore after the 3rd time it happens and you cheese it with broken mechanics, shit ai, or just hiding behind a small rock.

would say im getting old and cynical but its hard not too when after the glitter wears off it seems lazy, not in graphics and shit, but in story telling and immersion.
>>
>>389938439
TES 6 Stealth Archer
>>
File: 1504217812563.jpg (63KB, 336x436px) Image search: [Google]
1504217812563.jpg
63KB, 336x436px
>>389938439
I abandoned all hope when Fallout 4 was released.

The magic system will be even simpler, all dialog will be voiced by few people, lots of noname NPCs, unkillable NPCs,
No returning stats but an even more dumbed down perk system, no decission making, guild questlines will be even shorter and crafting will take center stage.

Also there will be some stupid ass limitations on how it can be modded to prevent people from recreating the creation club content.

And it will make them millions regardless of all this.
>>
>>389942453
Oh and for the first time in an es title you will only be able to enter a few buildings the rest will only be decoration.
Screencap this.
>>
>>389942453
same, i was over hyped about fo4 and it turned to be shit with no replay ablility
>>
>>389942453
They're not retarded enough to limit modding, it's what keeps their games alive.
>>
>>389942763
People will buy the game anyway and they will make a fuckton of money if they force people to use the cc.

Just wait and see, old bethesda is long gone.
>>
>>389941789
>No more questlines ending with you as leader
See, I do think that it is possible to write a guild quest line ending with the PC as head of the guild and have it be good and make some kind of sense.
What you need to do for that though is have the player actually go through some significant trials and proof of their capabilities in the area that guild specializes in multiple times so that it makes sense that people might want them to be in charge.
Basically the quest line would need to be significantly longer than the ones in other TES games (pretty much as long or longer than the main quest) and involve benchmark points where you have to prove that your character is good at what the guild is good at (like in the mages guild having to prove that you can cast a certain level of spell or defeating a strong enemy with all your armour and weapons taken away so you can only use magic during the fight). The quests would also need to involve the internal politics of the guild so that it felt like you were ingratiating yourself to them and moving up the social ranks as well as getting stronger in what they specialize in.

I guess it would also be more believable if you had to choose along the way (either at the end of the quest line or during the quest line) to leave the other guilds in order to focus entirely on the one you want to be in charge of.

I think it can be done, just that the way it was done in previous TES games was somewhat lazy and hard to believe because the quest lines didn't ask that your character show any kind of real dedication to the guild or proficiency in what the guild was good at.
>>
>No voiced protagonist
Yes, please. Voiced protagonist means less dialogue options. Also a voice is a major characteristic of an individual's personality. It totally gets in the way of role-playing.
>>
>>389940247
>in-game timed quests
>bigger cities
who cares
>>
>>389943852
But muh cinematic linear narrative!
I seriously saw someone arguing that Fallout 4 having a more cinematic, linear narrative was something that was better than how earlier Bethesda games handled dialogue and role playing. With those exact words. It makes me sick that these people exist and are influencing the direction that these games are going.
>>
>>389943850
Morrowind was the closest we will ever get. There won't even be proper guilds/factions this time.
Enjoy building a fort filled with nameless, unkillable npcs.
>>
>>389943850
It'd make more sense if you were just the Champion of a guild, not a leader. Most of the time when players finish a guild quest line they only do a few extra quest if any at all and then leave forever. Half the time the guild has someone who is meant to take care of things while you're gone but you'll never be back.
>>
File: parsee unamused.png (104KB, 292x373px) Image search: [Google]
parsee unamused.png
104KB, 292x373px
>>389940247
>in-game timed quests (If you don't do some quests within a certain amount of in-game time you fail them)
gross. Just make the quests not be so urgent fluff-wise, like what morrowind did.
>>
I hope it's a very obvious fallout 4 reskin
>>
>hopes
Fresh engine. From scratch. Clean slate. I DON'T WANT MORROWIND/OBLIVION JANK IN 2018.

Also better writing and combat would be nice.

>expectations
Well they've obviously been working on big changes, but the writing and combat will probably never improve
>>
>>389938439

I hope that modders make some nice sexy armors and body mods. I predict the game will be buggy uninspired shit that will require modding just to be tolerable.
>>
>>389940860
WE
>>
>>389941894
akavir
>>
File: 2854228-2832875602-28535.jpg (67KB, 665x526px) Image search: [Google]
2854228-2832875602-28535.jpg
67KB, 665x526px
>>389938439
There is no hope. I don't even want a TES VI anymore.
>>
>>389938439
I liked the voiced protagonist, but they should instead of making over 1k lines of dialogue for your name, they should make a shitbunch of dialogue options.
>>
>>389947074
I doubt the names took all that long. They may have even done it when all the other voice acting was completed.

I also doubt they'd continue using the voiced protagonist. They've already admitted it was a mistake. Also, they'd have to voice Bretons, Nords, Imperials, Redguards, Khajiits, Argonians, Orcs, Dunmer, Bosmer and Altmer plus again for both genders.
>>
>>389938439
Learn how to make RPGs again Bethesda. I am talking about the mechanics, not any of that pretend stuff.
Or on the opposite end, strip all RPG elements out of the game entirely.

This awkward attempt that ultimately fails at it is just bad. Succeed or don't do it at all.
Skyrim would literally be better if it wasn't an RPG because it fails at being a good one or even a half decent one.
>>
File: 1451284879288.jpg (411KB, 1543x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451284879288.jpg
411KB, 1543x1080px
Every game had something to do with the Towers so if I recall, there's only High Rock and Valenwood's tower left active that the Thalmor didn't fuck with.

I'd hope for a kinda revisit to Daggerfall with High Rock/Hammerfell playable in the same game or at least good chunks of it.

Breton architecture and lore/Hammerfell KANGZ and Sword Singin n Shiet is a pretty safe bet in terms of mass audience compared to Valenwood
>>
>>389949667
But Bosmer are the worst race in Tamriel. Well, in Morrowind and Oblivion anyway.
>>
>>389940978
They already ditched creation club Mr. Slowpoke
>>
The best thing they could do with the series at this point is to ditch tamriel and move the whole thing into akavir. Seriously it's not too heavily established so they can't fuck up the lore too badly and the things that are established are fucking rad (tiger dragon nation and snake vampires for example). Of course Bethesda will never do this because they are fucking shit and half of their writers probably don't even know that akavir exists
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.