[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder Ace Combat 7 will be the last Ace Combat game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1505120454490.png (582KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
1505120454490.png
582KB, 1000x897px
Daily reminder Ace Combat 7 will be the last Ace Combat game
Daily reminder it took Bandai 11 years to make a new Ace Combat
daily reminder the arcade/flight genre died because people don't buy Ace Combat and Afterburner anymore
>>
>>389938321
>people don't buy Ace Combat and Afterburner anymore

Sony, Square, Nintendo, and Capcom have proven repeatedly that if you want a game to do well you need an extremely well funded advertising campaign. The death of this genre is on nobody else but Bandai.
>>
>>389938442
but Ace Combat 6 received lots of ads in 2006 and sold poorly. It was literally a 360 flagship. Besides people who browse ign/destructoid will never pay attention to them
>>
>>389938528
AC6
AC4 received far more adds, many of them pushed by Sony themselves and was on showcase to be demo'd in stores. AC6 was mediocre in it's advertising scene in comparison but still had advertising and as a result it still sold relatively well. At the very least it sold better than anything that wasn't 5 and 4.

If you want to see this in actuality, compare how well Assault Horizon did to how much it was advertised. Ignoring how it behaved as a game, that is.
>>
>>389938675
Assault Horizon received 0 advertising even though is a game that every Halo and Gears fan would love.
What they could do? buy the entire IGN page to advertise it?
>>
I'd say they can blame poor sales on making Ace Combat 6 an Xbox 360 exclusive instead of putting it on PS3 and PC as well, then making a shameful entry in the series with Assault Horizon, then releasing a free to play game only on PS3 with stupidly overpriced microtransactions. No wonder they almost killed it. Just make Ace combat 7 as good as you can, make a classic collection that has a remastered version of 4, 5, 0, and 6 on Xbone, PS4, and PC. There. That's how you save the series.
>>
>>389938763
>What they could do? buy the entire IGN page to advertise it?
Buy an entire page on ESM and shoot for putting it on a magazine cover, among other things. Put it on store demo shelves. Make it front page of the store. Run commercials like the excellent excellent DaS advertising commercials.

At the very least, do more than nothing. It sold like shit because of the literal 0 advertisement. If you go to IGN right now Destiny is the very first review exposed. Go to Gamespot and there are several articles all over the front page. You absolutely have to advertise. To not advertise is killing your own product.
>>
>>389938817
>make a classic collection that has a remastered version of 4, 5, 0
Literally japs are too autist and dumb to understand it would sell well. They believe SJWs and waifu addicts are the only people living in the west
Besides, if they simply upscale to 1080p/4K it will look a lazy job they have to remake everything
>>
>>389938905
>To not advertise is killing your own product.
But they have to convince the directors to spend 20+ million dollars to make this. IGN source of income is activision and it's like this for many years
>>
>>389938917
>Besides, if they simply upscale to 1080p/4K it will look a lazy job they have to remake everything
Use the ace Combat 7 assets. They wouldn't be exactly the same games as the originals, but people would like it for the most part, and it would mean they would need to make a less new assets for those games. Halo CE Anniversary used a lot of Halo Reach's assets, and people really liked it.
>>
>>389939110
Well but even if that's what they do I'd imagine the amount of work because you can't simply copy and paste.
But even if they want to simply upscale I bet it would sell well
>>
>>389938321
Eternal reminder that that's not a bad thing. Arcade(y) games are for scrubs who are bad at games that would require you to actually have a brain
>>
>>389939096
There are far more places you can advertise than just IGN. This was an example. If you've seen the fiscal reports for capcom, nintendo, and square, advertising is an investment that they firmly believe has big payoffs and this has been proven to the be case.
>>
>>389939198
The budget would be really low because the stories exist, the music exists, relatively few new sound effects would be need to be remade, the maps exist. The games would take time to make, but I think it would be worth it. It would look and sound and feel like Ace Combat 7, but the missions and stories would be different. I'm sure it's realistic to do a proper remaster this way.
>>
>>389939256
are we talking about 10~30 million in advertising? they can't afford it. Not for Ace Combat franchise.
However they could spend like 10 million in ads and release the game in june/july because these months very little good games come out.
>>
>>389938528
>360
And that's where they fucked up.
>>
File: 1446048565708.gif (3MB, 422x214px)
1446048565708.gif
3MB, 422x214px
>>389939225
>Wahhhhhh stop having fun!!!
>>
>>389939560
Well Microsoft promised it would be the Dreamcast 2 and it would sell millions in japan... No wonder after 2009 japanese developers ignored the 360 for good and the Xbox One. Imagine in japan having to send the console to the united states to get fixed. Besides I don't think Microsoft even bothered to advertise in japan after 2003
>>
>>389939560
It was where they fucked up. They took a sony exclusive franchise where Sony for YEARS babied them with the exclusion of one game and then jumped ship to microsoft. Who then proceeded to shaft them.

This was a suicide long in the making, reaching it's natural conclusion after years of floundering.
>>
File: 131782819460.jpg (52KB, 599x468px) Image search: [Google]
131782819460.jpg
52KB, 599x468px
>>389939596
if people were having fun wouldn't the franchise be doing better tho?
>>
>>389939682
No. Gaming targets the lowest common denominator. Which is why your flappy birds and candy crush's will always do better than whatever your favorite game series is.
>>
>>389939560
Jesus can you remember? This was in fucking 2007, all the Xbox bros were playing Halo 3 or COD. No wonder it flopped the Xbox Audience is the last people who would wanna play an Ace Combat game
>>
>>389939560
...was the PS3 even out when AC6 came out? Half the reason why the 360 got so much jap game exclusives was because nip devs were super fucking eager for HD gaming, and the 360 got a year head start
>>
File: 1504320202884.jpg (44KB, 240x313px) Image search: [Google]
1504320202884.jpg
44KB, 240x313px
>>389939682
>Sales determine if a game is good
>>
>>389939841
that and having some of your funding costs covered was also an attraction.
>>
>>389939841
I believe it was because the hype around 360. They literally thought it would be a smash hit in japan. Also some JRPGs and shooters were 360 exclusive I believe because of early deals they made thinking by 2010/2010 the 360 would be selling millions of units in japan
>>
>>389939841
It was but the PS3's price point and "alien architecture" put off everyone until the '09 price drop. The 360 dominated the first half of 7th gen then the PS3 came up afterwards.
>>
>>389938321
Why is Anzu ancap?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.