[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: 132124523664.jpg (36KB, 746x157px) Image search: [Google]
132124523664.jpg
36KB, 746x157px
PFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: 1475539156615.jpg (18KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1475539156615.jpg
18KB, 320x287px
There's nothing to fucking laugh about another failed defib shock for the RTS genre.
>>
>>389936681
>rts
That game is assfaggots through and through
>>
>>389936563
No last Stand no buy.
>>
It failed as an RTS

it failed as a MOBA-lite

it failed as a multiplayer game

it failed in its voice acting (orks sound just like angry chavs with sore throats, no guttural orkish undertone, eldar just sound like shitty modulated humans and space marines old VAs were replaced with shit)

it failed in design (fleet of foot equals shields??? why not make them shoot and move with decreased accuracy or something, passive moba abilities like a THREE HIT PASSIVE shit)

it failed in artsyle (everything is a bright pastel cartoony style. and the backgrounds make it hard to distinguish between the models and the ground. hard to tell what is going on)

I could go on

call me an autist, but this game was a real disappointment.
No respect from me for this brown steaming mess.
>>
File: 1504384332626.png (78KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1504384332626.png
78KB, 240x228px
>got banned from talking in Relic's twitch chat permanently by one of their nu-male community moderators for saying the game was dead

Good fucking riddance, game is a total disaster and deserves to flop. Elite Mod is 10 times better anyway.
>>
>>389936563
if you want a DoW thread just make a normal one
>>
>>389936563

>Warhammer
>Not appealing for the mainstream public

Duh? Even the RPG table crowd knows that it is shit
>>
>>389938481
the sound assets were great overall. sad nobody else even attempted to make it good though
>>
>>389938824
>elite mod is 10 times better

fucking this. DOW3 was a disaster on an unprecedented scale. guess I'll just wait for total warhammer 40k for a good 40k game.

also if you think AOE4 is going to be good then you got another thing coming
>>
>idiots celebrating the final attempt to reanimate RTS genre
Enjoy your age of necroshit for next 20 years
>>
>>389940265
age of empires 4 still needs to come out lad
>>
>>389940265
>idiots celebrating the final attempt to reanimate RTS genre

Did you have a stroke while typing this post?
>>
>>389940495
no doubt it will be branded as phone-tier mobashit by rts autists
>>
Why fans of supposedly "smart" genres have their IQs at medical retardation levels? They literally want their genre to die and never come back. Even fans of arena shooters are less retarded.
>>
>>389940762
>having the genre be "alive" at the expense of having to buy and play shitty games
Now that's a brain-dead shit-eater mentality right there
>>
>>389940762
>>389940265
>any new RTS game that comes out should have all of its glaring flaws completely overlooked, zero criticism and have its cock sucked for eternity because the genre isn't as popular as it used to be

DoW3 was a shit game and the devs have literally been quoted saying MOBAs were an influence on its development. People desperately wanted the game to be good, the hype was out of control as soon as Relic teased the release for the trailer. The trailer hit, the hype hit peak levels. Finally a return to form, a new game in the franchise after over 6 years. Then came the screenshots. The hype practically dissipated overnight.
>>
>>389941034
>devs have literally been quoted saying MOBAs
Yes. I'm talking you. You are retarded. It's fact. Why do you need to play RTS and shit up internets with your idiotic stink and why you won't play mario kart which was specifically made for people like you instead?
>>
>>389941161
What the fuck are you even trying to say? English clearly isn't your first language
>>
File: banner.png (717KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
banner.png
717KB, 1200x630px
>>389940265
*blocks your path*
>>
>>389941236
You are clearly retarded, in non-ironic, medical sense. Why do you feel the urge to express your shitty opinion about you have absolutely no clue?
>>
>>389941313
Come back when you've taken a few more English lessons, Enrique. Nothing I've said is incorrect.
>>
>>389936563
>heard they recently added modding and steam workshop support
is it actual modding support with custom assets, or the crippled CoH2 idea of tweaking numbers?
>>
File: 1484392452082.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1484392452082.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>389941269
>consoles
>rts
okay you can stop now
>>
>>389938481
In defense of the voice acting part, all their previous VAs they've been using were Unionized and since the strike is still ongoing, they couldn't use the VAs at all due to said strike.
They still deserve to get shit on for not even trying to find good replacements and just going for cheapest, lowest common denominator though.
Everything else is spot on.
>>
>>389938824
>>389940160
How do I get into DoW2 MP and Elite?
The amount of micro required is fucking bonkers.
>>
>>389941963
Many great RTS were also on consoles, kill yourself. Not to mention devs explicitly said they're focusing PC.
>>
>>389943626
Let's not delude ourselves. This game is a low budget cashgrab that, apart from its art direction, has no leg to stand on. It will flop as an actual game, though the art might be really good.
>>
>>389943575
Just don't lose units nigga like hit X

Also 3v3s are more forgiving, obviously
>>
>>389943575
Join the forums and read strategy discussions, set up noob lobbies and learn by doing/asking other players. Indrid casts are a useful source of information too since he commentates as if everyone watching is completely new to the game by explaining different heroes/abilities as the game's happening

It takes time to git gud but it's worth it. The game has a ridiculous amount of depth, especially at a competitive level.
>>
>>389943705
>shitposting this hard
Same people behind it as Scythe, and Scythe literally saved boardgames and was the boardgame of the century so far.
>>
>>389943809
M8, not even Blizzard can make a successful RTS these days, it's going to flop, hard.
>>
>>389943798
>set up noob lobbies
Yeah except every time I do this, egotripping dipshits that have 1000+ hours logged into the game join.
>>
>>389943864
>M8, not even Blizzard can make a successful RTS these days, it's going to flop, hard.
If successful means units sold, then Blizzard absolutely destroyed all competition considering SC2 is the best selling RTS of all time.
Ergo you're retarded.
If you mean amount of people playing, SC2 still has more concurrent players than any other RTS on the market.
You're a shitposter, I know that for sure now.
>>
>>389943874
Then just kick them?
>>
>>389943864
Everything Blizzard has made post-WoW has flopped

Their games sell but then die after a few months.
>>
>>389943968
Then I stare at an empty lobby because your community is, just like the mod's name, elitist to the absolutely insufferable levels ensuring no new players will ever emerge.
>>
>>389943985
You don't know the meaning of the word "flop".
Protip, it doesn't mean "thing i don't like".
>>
>>389943947
It's OK, keep being delusional, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment once it flops.
>>
>>389944016
Assholes exist across every community, anon. There's plenty of people in Elite willing to help out new players but you're going to have to realize that everyone who plays it isn't there to spoonfeed you and wipe your ass. If you're content with never improving and playing with windowlickers, stick to retail.
>>
>>389944195
>stick to retail
I'd rather play actually good games, you know, like CoH1 with Blitzkrieg Mod or DoW1 with Codex mod.
>>
>>389944280
>the game is bad because the big boys hurt my feefees

If you'd rather play those games then why the fuck are you even replying to me in the first place?
>>
>>389944343
To see your reaction and be proven right once again. With the approach you people have at new players wanting to try the mod, no wonder it's basically dead with only the same 50 or so people playing it.
>>
File: 1501247405604.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1501247405604.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>389944439
>>389944280
>>389944016
>>389943874
>>389943575
>how do I get into this?
>this is how
>REEE WAAH WAAH FUCK YOU SHIT GAME DEAD REEE
>>
>>389944439
>To see your reaction and be proven right once again

You mean to feed your retarded as fuck confirmation bias. Someone in the thread asked how they could better get into the mod and DoW2 multiplayer in general, I pointed them in the right direction and you chimed in bitching about people you don't want to play with joined your lobbies for a game you don't even play in the first place. Are you retarded?
>>
>>389944603
Let me spell it out for you, I already "got into it", didn't have fun because it wasn't AS complex as DoW1 with Codex mod or CoH1 with Blitzkrieg mod, but I wanted to see your reaction.
You're playing a barely above average complexity game, that doesn't even require any macro at all, is barely above DotA-level in terms of micro and yet you act like it's the most hardcore shit under the sun turning off literally every newfag that could potentially join your almost dead community.
>>
>>389944702
>someone
That was me anon, post below yours.
Intelligence isn't a thing you were blessed with, clearly.
>>
>>389944731
Ow the edge.
>>
>>389938481
Your points on voice acting and art style are incorrect. Eldar have always sounded like humans with modulation, and Orks are flat based on (European) football jocks so a sore throat fits.
And if I hear one more mother fuckrr say 40k has no bright colors, when the current de-facto good guys are the rainbow-dressed Eldar and the Bright-Blue Marines from their Bright-Blue planet, I'm gonna krump a git.
>>
>>389944789
Sorry anon, I just assumed somebody else was asking a genuine question about how to get into the mod instead of just one retard fabricating this epic ruse and merely pretending just to 'see the reaction'

Also
>I already "got into it"
>had to stop playing because people who were better at it than you joining your noob lobbies kept pushing your shit in

The community has been dealt a blow it'll surely never recover from at the loss of such an RTS grandmaster throwing a tantrum because he found out people aren't obligated to wipe his ass and play the game for him
>>
>>389936563
>281

*breath in*
HAHAHHHHAHAAAA
>>
>>389943626
Consoles aren't just shit and inferior to PC in every way but it's laughable that the most paranoid ideas of CIA putting cameras in your TV, have no been completely realized in consoles with their always on internet shit.
>rts on a console
Fuck no name one. Seriously, name even one good strategy game to be on a console. It pisses me off on Dead space because the controls are clearly meant for a shitty console first, but I guess letting them have FPS isn't too bad since FPS and fighting games are the only ones consoles do well.
>>
>>389945137
i simply sad the colours make everything a big clusterfuck. the original was also bright, but the colours did not blend nearly as much,

as for the VA. the new ork's are not guttural enough, which makes them sound off.
and the modulation on the eldar is poorly done, and they lack the original VA's touch
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4UGYMW1Tk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCmzfKXWQk
>>
>>389942281
every time when i hear about this fucking union, my rage levels reach Magnus FUCKING FURRIES ones.

did you guy saw their requirements? it looks like something our of an brazillian worker syndicate
>>
>>389946021
What a shame. DoW series was always a shining example of how to make perfect game voices.
Until the third one, that is.
>>
>>389946021
Jesus Christ what the fuck is this
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.