[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I was supposed to beat the game with more lives.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: Screenshot_1.png (1MB, 1919x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
1MB, 1919x1199px
I feel like I was supposed to beat the game with more lives. How many lives did you guys have after beating Sonic Mania?
>>
>>389933326
~30
>>
>>389933326
>Xbox

Given that youre a fucking faggot casu
>>
File: blonic and chuckles.png (127KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
blonic and chuckles.png
127KB, 512x384px
>>389933509
I'm using PC with an XBone controller, but y'know, whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>389933326
shit was INTENSE
>>
File: 80mph.png (66KB, 245x225px) Image search: [Google]
80mph.png
66KB, 245x225px
Bump because I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>389933326
Thirty something?
My Knuckles, and Tails runs had more.
>>
literally
had I died once more to the final boss, my run would be over. Granted, I beat the game on 1 continue in 1 sitting on release day and felt kinda ripped off
>>
Sonic (First playthrough) - 12
Knuckles (Second playthrough) - 43
Tails (Third, haven't finished yet. at Hydrocity Zone) - 22
>>
>>389933509
Still salty you got 20+ game overs, 8gag?
>>
File: rave.jpg (81KB, 471x335px) Image search: [Google]
rave.jpg
81KB, 471x335px
>>389933326
I had exactly 40 & only died thrice as solo Sonic my first run through.
>>
About 5
Keep in mind this is my first sonic game and on my subsequent playthrough with knuckles I ended up with 19.
>>
File: Super Sonic chars3.png (9KB, 380x472px) Image search: [Google]
Super Sonic chars3.png
9KB, 380x472px
I don't see a way to edit Super palettes using the palette editor. They don't show up.
How I think it works is that in the transformation sprite, Sonic switches over to a copy of his normal blue palette, which then fades into his yellow palette, and then during normal gameplay, that fades into the really white palette. Presumably (it seems at least) it's no different for Knuckles and Tails. But, I want to make them pulse between their Super color and white, like Super Sonic does. When they're transforming, they switch over to a copy of their regular palette. If I make Knuckles red, he goes back to being magenta for transforming. He then (presumably) goes to another copy of his regular magenta palette (but it could be the same copy, I hope not) and fades to his bubblegum pink palette, like normal.
For this palette hack, I would need access to all of Knuckles' palettes. I'll number them for your convenience.
Default Normal = 1
Clone of Default (transformation) = 2
Clone of Default (Super Knuckles - magenta) = 3
Default Super (Super Knuckles - bubblegum pink) = 4
Custom Red = 5
Custom Super (white pulse) = 6

I have made
1 = 5
I still need to make
2 = 5
3 = 4
4 = 6
To complete this very minor visual mod.
>>
Around 20-30. The game is generous with the extra lives
>>
tails at mirage saloon with 50 lives right now
>>
Like 10-15 for each playthrough. I played it like it was Sonic 2 though, I didn't explore for shit because I don't like exploring in Sonic games and just blasted through everything. I got the occasional monitor 1 up here and there, but most of my extra lives were from collecting 100 rings.
>>
>>389939083
Cool.
>>
I ended my first run with about 35 lives. I know the classic games inside-out so Mania wasn't too difficult for me. Didn't game over or time over once.
Longest time I ever spent in an act was Titanic Monarch Act 2 at about 7/8 minutes.
>>
>>389933326
6 on my first playthrough, i died a lot of times and i gave over'd on hydrocity from drowning to air bubble generators that never release air bubbles and being crushed near the end of act 1.
second playthrough i'm at 26 so far
>>
Sonic 1 is the one I replay the most so this one was easy for me, I got like over 15 lives at the end.

>>389939145
Seriously I wouldn't mind future 2D games just having a giant ring at the end or using the checkpoints, the scattered rings only encourages extremely large levels that drag on instead of more concise ones like in CD or 2.
>>
I played it with friends the first time and they suck shit at Sonic.
>>
>>389939943
I like acts that are around 3/4 minutes long though.
>>
I died pretty constantly. I think I finished with like 3 lives.
>>
>>389939943
I don't mind the labyrinthian level design, I feel like even that is a pretty natural evolution to Sonic 2 level design despite the sort of change in level philosophy from arcadey speed platforming challenge to sort of puzzle maze levels. My gripe is pretty purely that I don't want to waste minutes of my time looking for rings in really obscure parts of the map that I would never want to go to because they're slow and annoying to get to so that I can get the fairly important if not mandatory emeralds. That's the one thing I really hated about S3K, I don't want to look for this shit I just want to play the game. The special stages previously were always on the path you were already taking because they were checkpoint based, moving them to places you would never go was not a good change in my opinion. It doesn't fit in line with the rest of the design philosophies of Sonic about learning the level and finding optimal routes and getting better at the game, it actively promotes and rewards a playstyle that doesn't apply to the rest of the game.
>>
it's pretty difficult to die to anything except being crushed or the kill plane
I fell through a solid floor once in flying battery 2 I think it was
I wasn't mad, it made me laugh since it's such a sonic thing to happen
>>
File: lmao.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>389941503
>it made me laugh since it's such a sonic thing to happen
That's honestly one of my favorite things about Mania as stupid as it is. It's a new game on this brand new custom engine with years of games to learn from and new developers who couldn't possibly make the same mistakes that the old developers did even if they are taking all the plays from the old playbook, and yet here we are with this modern Sonic game doing all this stupid old Sonic bullshit that exists in every classic Sonic game. The first time I accidentally clipped through a wall I knew for sure I was playing classic Sonic.
>>
File: 1460431294584.gif (2MB, 309x166px) Image search: [Google]
1460431294584.gif
2MB, 309x166px
>>389933326
Something like 7? I had 15 on my second (Knuckles) run, and over 30 on the third (Tails).
>>
>>389942278
Honestly, I've only ever experienced clipping problems in 3&K.
>>
>>389944427
Oh man then you gotta fuck around more because there's some dumb shit in 1 and 2. It's very possible that it's just more likely to happen accidentally in 3 but all of the classic games are stupid as fuck in regards to shit like this.
>>
File: 1338481536401.jpg (147KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1338481536401.jpg
147KB, 666x666px
First playthrough I had x33 lives as Sonic & Tails, but I finished the game without all the emeralds. My second playthrough was as Knuckles with all the emeralds, and I had significantly lower life count of x14 even though I died less as Knux because I just cheesed 70% of the playthrough as Super Knuckles, so no 100 ring lives there, or exploring the levels for life boxes

I've been playing Sonic for the last 20 years so idk if this game is actually the easiest one in the classic series, or if I've just autistically beat all the level layouts into my head.
>>
>>389933326
1 because Titanic Monarch is fucking trash
>>
>>389938731
Ask Retro, there was another guy looking for that palette.
>>
File: First Playthrough.png (25KB, 1272x720px) Image search: [Google]
First Playthrough.png
25KB, 1272x720px
>Play Knuckles
>Climb a random wall
>1 up monitor
>Every time
>>
>>389933326
I had around 20-30 lives for all 3 of my profiles which is about right. I beat Sonic 2 back in the day with usually around that many lives at Mystic Cave Zone
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.