[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenoblade 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: XC2 boxart.jpg (260KB, 579x937px) Image search: [Google]
XC2 boxart.jpg
260KB, 579x937px
discuss

do you think we'll get a release date or a special edition on the 13th?
>>
>>389930734
It's getting pushed back just like X did. Worldwide release was too ambitious.
>>
>>389931248
nah they had to make a new engine for X, they're using X's here
>>
>>389931248
Wouldn't they have told us already ? It's not like they'd lose anything by doing so, since a mainline Mario game is releasing in the same timeframe.
>>
never played one of these games before

can someone describe it and tell me if i'll objectively find it worth a purchase?
>>
It's just a single player mmo.

Explain to me what makes it different from an mmo.

Yes, mmos do have stories.
>>
>>389931778
Different markets
>>
>>389931917
never played an mmo lol
>>
>>389931882
You're an idiot
>>
>>389931882
Focus on exploration and combat depth (more in X and 2), fantastic music (some of it is garbo in X though), big focus on worldbuilding/plot (less so on plot in X in favor of freedom). Top tier jRPGs
>>
was under the impression it was a turn-based rpg
>>
>>389931882
Do you like exploring really unique and interesting worlds? If yes, then it's for you.
>>
>>389932060
In fact, the creator has basically said outright that Xenoblade is for plot focus and X is for freedom and exploration, and that they intend to continue them basically as separate but related franchises.

So here's hoping.
>>
is this worth looking into, or is it just trash nintendofags hype ? XBC was fine but nothing special. im pretty easy going, I liked Tales of berseria, WoFF, FF XV, P5
>>
>>389932039
thanks man :)
>>
>>389932083
Yeah you would be if you never saw a video or combat screenshot

>>389932153
He's also said that 2 will emphasize exploration more than X
>>
>>389932159
>liked ToS and FFXV

I don't know what to tell you, if you didn't like xbc the series isn't for you unless you quit early on
>>
>>389932250
>if you didn't like xbc

it was a totally fine game but it had nothing really strong about it. ToB had a nice anime flow, WoFF was really cutesy and pleasant (that nintendo experience), XV was most fun to play. I wouldn't mind getting a Swtich for a good rpg but I'm not feeling it, especially the character design.
>>
>>389932165
How the fuck am I supposed to know why this game would appeal to you personally.
>>
>>389932019
Of course.
>>
>>389932450
different tastes, if it's not for you don't force yourself. I thought ToB and XV were pretty bad but adore the xeno series. You might wanna opt for xenogears, it's a more "traditional" jrpg
>>
>>389931882
Emulate Xenoblade Chronicles and find out for yourself.
>>
I don't think it's gonna come out this year, if the game is as big as previous games there's plenty reason for it to be delayed.
>>
File: Hoppi Poppi.webm (48KB, 342x228px) Image search: [Google]
Hoppi Poppi.webm
48KB, 342x228px
Xenoblade has become my top series so I'm obviously very excited and I'd love a SE. I'd also buy the first game for a third time if it got an upgraded Switch port.
>>
>>389932709
the previous games had to have entirely new engines, XC2 is using XCX's

>>389932740
>not already buying it 3 times

plen
>>
>>389932740
Are you going to marry Poppi or are you just going to keep posting him?
>>
>>389932538
hence why i said objectively in my original post. there are games that are just generally good across the board and I didn't want to get into my gaming preferences.
>>
>>389932898
>him
>>
>>389932595
i don't get it
>>
>>389932989
Can't you just do some research or something?

Here's the first trailer if you don't fall in love with it don't give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ2-Qu7ngts
>>
>>389930734
Are Xenogear and Xenosaga also good like Xenoblade? Are they even connected?
>>
>>389933119
>Can't you just do some research or something?
i could, but you replied before I had the chance :)

looks nice. i'm (generally) a fan of the open-world meme when it's pretty looking and inviting.
>>
>>389933119
poor post, the trailer doesn't show the combat

>>389933167
xenogears is fantastic, definitely play it. if you enjoy xenogears move onto xenosaga but I rank xenosaga below gears/blade and saga 2 is especially mediocre. If you can stomach it you're rewarded with xenosaga 3, a great game with the most batshit crazy plot I've ever experienced in a game

>are they connected
xenogears and saga 1-3 are arguable in connection, there is no direct connection because copywrite claims but it's essentially what xenogears episode I is (gears is episode V). No connection to blade although blade has a FUCKTON of references to gears/saga like the zohar icon appearing in the games as well as there being a vanderkaum/van damme character.
>>
>>389933226
If there's one thing Monolith knows how to do is maximize shit hardware to make pretty looking open worlds that are a blast to explore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ
>>
>>389933167
In my honest opinion all the Xenogames are great with Xenosaga 2 being the weakest of them all.It's probaly one of the most unique jrpg series you wil find in the market
>>
>>389930734
I JUST WANT TO PREORDER A SPECIAL EDITION ALREADY REEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Please have it include a sound selection CD
>>
>>389933490
>The entire world is ACTUALLY seamless, looks gorgeous, and runs consistent well
>and it's on the bloody WII-U

I still want to know what kind of black magic wizardry is going on behind the curtains.
>>
>>389933739
model pop-in, but honestly even with that factored in XCX was an impressive feat. MS is the modern day retro studios in terms of tech optimization
>>
>>389933282
>combat
how is that aspect of these games? akin to any other games?
>>
>>389933739
Monolith soft are fucking wizards.
>>
>>389933167
I'm playing Xenogears right now and it's alright, but it's definitely showing its age. Random encounters are basically just checks for your current level or equipment, they quickly become a tedious nuisance not worth your time when you start one shotting enemies. The camera controls are stiff, the platforming sections are unresponsives, there's too much down time in the boring-ass pirate ship and there's some real questionable game design choice like those awful sewers. The story itself is really fucking interesting and I'm definitely recognizing traits, themes and characters Takahashi definitely took inspiration from in both Xenoblades but the game as a whole would heavily benefit from a modern remaster/remake (just not by Square Enix, I wouldn't trust modern Squeenix to do the game justice). The soundtrack is hit or miss. Some tracks are really good and powerful, but they're few and far between with a lot of forgettable stuff filling in the rest.
>>
>>389933739
Well for one, they don't give a shit about texture quality (which is alright because most set pieces are designed to be admired from afar and not scrutinized up close and don't mind pop-ins.
>>
>>389933790
are you talking about blade or gears/saga?

blade 1 is simple to learn with a decent amount of depth, arts rely on positioning as well as certain conditions to execute. There are tank, healer, and damage roles but don't let these confuse you, you can mix and match (and are encouraged to) for each situation. The game has a big focus on teamwork and synergy is key, a party guage dictates reviving members, controlling them directly for an art (you mainly control one of several party member, each one unique in fighting style), and doing a devestating chain attack. There are more nuances to this such as gems, passive traits, and tension but this is the gist.

Blade X is where it gets really interesting. There's no fucking way I can describe everything (the game was flat out made for core gamers, throwing accessibility out the window) but I'll try my best. the combat is built off the originals but now you can have a ranged and melee weapon at the same time arts also have secondary cooldowns and...yeah fuck this, it'd be quicker to look up videos, nintendo themselves released an entire video dedicated to combat of ground and the mechs because it's complex.

Blade 2 is more different than the original than X is and also has a bunch of shit going on, it's more teamwork based like the original but the system has far more depth but it doesn't seem like it has a million things like X, consider watching the gamescom presentation.
>>
>>389933897
the story starts to get really good when you reach ethos HQ and never lets down
>>
>>389933167
Definitely play xenogears
>>
>>389930734
I sure as fuck hope so, I'm starving for news on this game's story and lore.
>>
>>389935123
I hope we get absolutely nothing, we've got enough on story and lore to go on I don't want to be spoiled. Same goes for areas. I'd appreciate more music and a special edition though
>>
>>389935192
This. Part of why I loved XC was discovering new shit completely blind, and that goes for both the story and areas.
>>
>>389930734
We will get a censored piece of shit. While the japanese version will be in jap only.
>>
>>389935671
>While the japanese version will be in jap only

Guess this will be what all my scholarly moonrune studies have been leading up to.
>>
>>389935671
Simultaneous world wide release with no region locking, fuck off censorfag.
>>
>>389935671
>he doesn't know
>>
>>389932740
Is Poppi literally the female version of Reg from Made in Abyss?
>>
>>389933790
Xenoblade 1's combat is nothing special, but still literally the best you could come up with a MMORPG-like combat.
Xenoblade X completely destroys everything with utterly demented game mechanics like "Soul Voices" and dumbing down everything made the original acceptable.
Thankfully Xenoblade 2 looks more like Blade 1 than Blade X.

Xenoblade in general is NOT a series you play for combat.
>>
>>389936493
>xenoblade X
>dumbing down anything from XC1

don't listen to this retard, soul voices are in XC1 too idiot
>>
>>389936493
Sounds like someone got walled by the cats, only a bumbling idiot would think XC1's combat is better than xcx's
>>
>>389936493
>Xenoblade in general is NOT a series you play for combat.

speak for yourself, the combat in xenoblade has been more enjoyable for me than any other jRPG in the last 10 years with the exception of TWEWY
>>
>>389936572
>don't listen to this retard, soul voices are in XC1 too idiot
Stop lying on the internet, they aren't.
In XB1 you had specific abilities for healing your party members to use when the situation demanded it, instead of just pressing the right color at the right time like a fucking DANCING GAME.
XBX was literally a DANCING GAME disguised as an rpg.

>only a bumbling idiot would think XC1's combat is better than xcx's
Okay, I'll admit I like jrpgs better than DANCING GAMES, but this doesn't necessarily make me an idiot.
>>
>>389937114
based off your comments I can surmise you didn't understand how the combat worked
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.