[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tyranny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: tyranny-obsidian.jpg (126KB, 1200x764px) Image search: [Google]
tyranny-obsidian.jpg
126KB, 1200x764px
About to start playing Tyranny.
Think I'm gonna go two-handed warrior type, what attributes should I focus and which should I avoid?
What should my second specialization be? Anything special I need to keep in mind?
>>
>>389927561

>anything special I need to keep in mind

Yeah, the story, characters and gameplay are all terrible. If you can look past that you should be fine.
>>
>>389927692
What would you consider a good rpg?
>>
>>389927973

Not even joking, as booty blasted as this board gets about Pillars of Eternity, it's way better than Tyranny.
>>
File: IMG_1650.jpg (1MB, 1200x4800px)
IMG_1650.jpg
1MB, 1200x4800px
>>389928049
Should one play Pillars or Divinity:OS?

Haven't played either and want a CRPG to play
>>
>>389928378

They're both pretty different. D:OS is turn based, but the combat animations are very slow and you can make them go faster. Likewise you can't speed up map navigation either.

PoE is your standard BG style Real Time With Pause deal, and it's got a pseudo-DnD ruleset that has a bit more versatility in the way you can build characters since there's no proficiency system.

Depends on what's more your speed
>>
File: IMG_1139.jpg (103KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1139.jpg
103KB, 500x376px
>>389928530
Which offers more content? Which is more engaging? Which ones World and lore left more of an impression on you after playing?
>>
>>389928378
In DiV:O, you will say "Bullshit" more often in tactical mode considering armor means jack shit until way later. Meaning, most of your dudes will be one shot unless you play the CC game correctly. If your guys get stunned/frozen/tripped first, you will most likely lose someone.

PoE's combat is brain-dead, throw your strongest spell in the beginning. Put your meat heads in front, put your nerds in back. Automate it, turn your brain off until someone gets low on health.
>>
>>389928629

I'm still playing through D:OS now but everything's played up as comedy and it's quite annoying because the comedy isn't funny. Pillars has a boring story, the world itself is neat but the way the main story is delivered is through a series of large infodumps and the twist at the end is not interesting at all. Overall i'd say PoE is more "engaging" but they both have bad writing in their own way. The one thing they have in common is they're both better than Tyranny though
>>
>>389928629
Better lore:
PoE
Engaging:
PoE

DoS's lore is basic and cartoony fairy-tail stuff. Its basically a backdrop. So many "rules" are broken, it doesn't feel like there is a basis of power in the Divnity universe, which is important in establishing a solid lore and world.
>>
I have agreed with everything said here so far :)

Played them all, and each one was eh, if I could take a piece of each and Merge them then that would be an awesome game.
>>
>>389928837
Hows the variance in gear/loot drops in PoE? From what I've read it's bear minimum. I'm not looking for Diablo tier loot pinatas but character progression through unique drops is important to me. Looking at dropping 50 for console version and don't wanna be disappointed
Inb4 pleb
>>
>>389927561
>What should my second specialization be?
just put both points in 2hander
>Anything special I need to keep in mind?
in character sheet there's these squares next to skills. tag all the skills you don't want, 1handers, dualwield, etc so you won't waste experience points on those.
>>
File: tactics.jpg (203KB, 956x775px) Image search: [Google]
tactics.jpg
203KB, 956x775px
>>389927561
>>389928530
Wuestion about these recent crpg games.
Do any of them have a tactics screen like DAO did? Where I can set up a 40 point action plan for the partry members and just focus on playing the MC alone?
>>
>>389930828
Loot only looks different at higher levels, there are also 'legendary' items with special skills that are dropped by bosses or found in special places, regular mobs only drop crafting materials.
>>
>>389927561
kyrios is your supreme master and overlord. support him/her/it in every way you can.
>>
>>389927561
i played a rouge so i put most of my crap on agility, perssicion, strength etc. i liked bullshiting my way out of Everything or convinced people to kill themselves or kill others for me.
>>
>>389932581
>Ask judgeguy if Kyros is a woman
>Drop the game
>>
>>389928837
>good lore
>POE

the lore was ok but the story the game is based off on made me almost fall asleep.
>>
>>389927561
Just use your bare fists and beat people to death. Looks good on your resume, trust me.
>>
>>389927561
the game is Worth playing just to be a much of a dick as you can. it has halirous results.
>>
>>389932851
>That one scene where you choke a baby to death
Pssh nuthen personnel..
>>
File: 1504789151863.jpg (436KB, 1192x900px) Image search: [Google]
1504789151863.jpg
436KB, 1192x900px
>>389932972
You can murder infants? Guess I'm buying a new game today.
>>
>>389932972
>not making the tinman do the baby choking

you not evil enough.
>>
>>389932346
Does white march 1+2 add any gear to the game?
>>
>>389934696

Yes, absolutely. It expands the level cap too.
>>
>>389935714
Having never played the game before is it worth the 50?
>>
>>389935826

I don't pay for videogames so I couldn't tell you
>>
>>389927561
Every single time I read this as Tranny.
>>
>>389935826
Id say yes if you dont have adhd and you can safely get through the walls of text
>>
>>389927692
This is wrong. It's a great crpg. I think it really only lacks is story choiced customizablity- but even then you do get abilities depending on your stance the various factions.

This game caught a lot of flack but I'd say most of it is overblown shitposting.
>>
>>389932115
>in character sheet there's these squares next to skills. tag all the skills you don't want, 1handers, dualwield, etc so you won't waste experience points on those.
Can you elaborate on how this works? I'm not seeing how some skills can siphon away from others without me choosing it.
>>
Is there any point to dodge when I can just use "Arrow shield" to have my parry defend from ranged attacks?
>>
>>389927561
>What should my second specialization be?

Something that can shoot arrows from distance.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.