[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just bought this xbox one controller to use on my PC It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

So I just bought this xbox one controller to use on my PC

It will connect to my computer via a bluetooth adapter just fine, and in the gamepad settings everything works properly. Problem is, whenever I boot up a game the controller either isn't recognized or the inputs are all fucked up

I'm at the end of my rope here. I need help and I don't know what to do

Using Windows 7
>>
someone pls help me this controller was expensive
>>
>Using Windows 7

There's your problem
>>
>>389926668
This but really. Windows 10 and the Bone controller get along, other versions not so much. I'm sure you can find a south on somewhere though.
>>
>>389926730
>>389926668
i'm too scared to upgrade to 10
>>
>>389926803
If you used any social media then you shouldn't be. Your data and privacy are already null
>>
have you tried just connecting it via usb? pretty sure any micro usb cable works.
>>
>>389927025
it works via usb just fine, but I need to get it working through my bluetooth dongle
>>
First off, you should use Google. /v/ isn't a tech help desk. To fix your problem tho, make sure you've installed the drivers for the controller first, then try connecting via USB, then try installing DS4, it's for PS4 controllers but it might work with your xbone one.
>>
I think you have to download a driver from microsofts website
>>
>>389926237
>Using Windows 7
There you go.
Drivers were made with win10 in mind, and I'm sure they don't care about functionality with earlier versions.

There is a wireless adapter you can buy for the bone controller, but I can't say if it will function any better for the above reason.
>>
I'm using this on a W7 64 bit and it works great, except for some indieshit (very rare), you need a specific driver you can find on google, maybe even on muh reddit, also
>bluetooth adapter
is it the official one? because it works just fine for me, also ignore every underage saying windows 10, don't fall for that bullshit
>>
kinda sounds more like your bluetooth dongle is sketchy especially if the controller works via usb. if you're playing on a machines within 5 feet of you anyways why even bother with wireless.
>>
File: 1504398615785.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504398615785.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>>389926803
>i'm too scared to upgrade to 10
This is what happens when you take advice from 4Chan
>>
>>389927507
you might be right. I'm just using a shitty 5 dollar bluetooth dongle i bought years ago
>>
>>389927587
You make good decisions and don't add your pc to m$oft's botnet?
>>
for real though unless your pc is like 40 feet away just wire that shit up. i tried to use my ds4 wirelessly but most bluetooth dongles are cheap as shit and work great for a month then die. im not falling for the sony jew "official" one so i just bought a long micro cable and wired it up and it worked like a dream ever since. if you need the ms win7 drivers they're out there, the sendspace link from reddit probably still works.
>>
Just connect and play by cable. Those cables are practically everywhere
>>
>>389927891
After a while the USB port gets loose and any slight movement of the wire or controller disconnects it
>>
File: spec.png (92KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
spec.png
92KB, 800x427px
>>389928057

I'm using the Xbox One Spectra. No, I don't turn on the lights, but I got it because it actually has a robust USB cable similar to those fighting game sticks. It also has the exact same shape and buttons as the original Xbox One pad.

My first purchase was the same wireless one you have, but as you said, the cable is prone to disconnecting, and the controller also has a problem where if it disconnects mid-game, you have to restart the game in order to get the controller recognized again. Pain in the ass.
>>
>>389928057
THIS

T H I S
>>
>>389926237
you're supposed to get the one that has the PC cable bundled with it. It's cheaper and it actually works with older OSes.
>>
>>389926237
I had to download two very obscure and specific drivers to make X1 pads work on my W7 machine. They work perfectly now. Even had a 4 player split screen session the other day with everything working perfectly. IIRC I just googled around and found some links on reddit
>>
>>389926237
If you're not on windows 10 you need the Xbox One Wireless Adapter. Bluetooth is windows 10 only.
>>
File: 1373321141011.jpg (133KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1373321141011.jpg
133KB, 640x480px
>>389928057
Kinda forgot about this but yeah, it's something to take into account. God letting little kids use my X1 pads was stressful but they were pretty good with one exception
>kid stepped on the cord and yanked the controller
>told them to be careful and watch what they're doing
>they were sorry and promised to be more careful (and obliged)
>>
>>389928057
Do you guys pull it out whenever you're not using it?
I just have my controller stay hooked in. Never any problems.
>>
>>389928057
Well that's less the controller's fault and more with the way micro usb ports work. The latch wears out from continuous usage so if you're constantly inserting and removing the cable it goes bad quickly.
>>
>>389927858
>muh nsa boogeyman
They don't care that you fap to traps, get on with life
>>
>>389927198
Try different drivers
>>
Sony paid Jewidh sjw devs to cripple Xbox controller functionality. The gooks were jealous that the Xbox controller was the standard for PC.
>>
File: Desktop (2).jpg (249KB, 1504x525px) Image search: [Google]
Desktop (2).jpg
249KB, 1504x525px
>>389926237
>Using Windows 7
>>389926803

The drivers are only decent for Windows 10. Upgrade free here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

As long as you pretend to be disabled you can still upgrade for free. Well worth it. Better game drivers, better xbone drivers, etc.

If you're worried about security tho run these: https://github.com/dfkt/win10-unfuck

Or just don't worry about it and do your illegal shit in Linux like the rest of us.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.