[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss it...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: Chromehounds.jpg (29KB, 256x355px) Image search: [Google]
Chromehounds.jpg
29KB, 256x355px
I miss it...
>>
MORJSKOV STRONG
CRUSH THE PUNY SAL KAR
sequel never ever
>>
File: MAV sept update.png (992KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MAV sept update.png
992KB, 1280x720px
>>389924886

Ever heard of MAV? Spiritual successor being made by a one man team. Still in beta, but if you liked Chrome Hounds youll like it.

https://bombdogstudios.com/
>>
>>389925125
I bought this back on steam a few years ago just from my loyalty to Chromehounds. Don't really expect anything to ever come of it desu but god bless him for trying.
>>
If it didn't have balance problem like the chicken walker and games not counting if someone left, and fucking everyone going to Morjskoy, it would have been GOAT. I ficking loved running an offensive medium soldier mech. My squad had a baller artillery guy that could zero anyone. I think he was in the military, too.
>>
>>389925185
I remember everyone calling me a scumbag faggot for using a Pilehound just because of the stigma that piles had from baserushers.
>>
>>389925185
>My squad had a baller artillery guy that could zero anyone.

The main multiplayer mode became pure cancer once everyone figured out they could just use howitzers to arc across the entire map and hit the enemy base a few steps from their own base. Matches that should have lasted 5-10min with enemys fighting all around the map ended in about 30 seconds with people just staring at their base going FUCK as howitzers rain down on it from 50km away.
>>
>>389924714
I love how like 90% of the achievements in that game are for the online which has been shut down.

Good times.
>>
>>389925181
>Don't really expect anything to ever come of it desu but god bless him for trying.

There was a big update to the game recently and its alot more polished now. Still some bugs, and weird animations but its getting better.

The legs animate weird because they just have one walking animationm and it just speeds up or slows down depending on how fast your hound is. So it gets super weird looking when you go fast and your legs start going all sanic. Dev dude said that at some point hes going to have different animations for different speeds, so when you speed up your mech will take longer strides, and smaller steps when you go slower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQpqVwIicI
>>
File: sad kirby.jpg (94KB, 1024x768px)
sad kirby.jpg
94KB, 1024x768px
I miss it a fuckton.
One of the guys in my squad was how I found out about this place which makes it all the worse.

I remember running a treads mech with cannons, machine guns and the x6 rocket pods. There was nothing more satisfying than letting loose 24 little rockets right in someone's face to kill them.
>>
>>389924714
This game was incredible. Got this, condemned, phantasy star universe, and gears of war with my 360. Sega was fucking KILLING it last gen. Sad they dont have more one off series like this anymore
>>
File: SADFACE.jpg (21KB, 219x93px)
SADFACE.jpg
21KB, 219x93px
>FROM will never make a new Chrome Hounds or Armored Core, because souls games and spinoffs are all they make now
>>
>>389925260
I was the faggot that started pilehound baserushers. Shit was so fucking cash. I could solo squads before they knew what hit them. Never got more hatemail in my life. Salt was mined on the regular
>>
>>389924714
It's trash. The biggest appeal of these kind of games is team based pvp multiplayer and only Mechwarrior games starting with 3 have managed to deliver in this aspect.
>>
>>389927404
They will make a new AC eventually.
>>
>Tfw number one sniper in loads of wars
>Tfw squad I made with a few school mates also got to number 1 in a bunch of wars
From will never make a better game.
>>
>>389927404
>no new chromehounds
>no new lost kingdoms
feels bad
>>
File: 1374718729810.jpg (220KB, 1024x681px)
1374718729810.jpg
220KB, 1024x681px
>>389924714
Oh man, my dream game is a melding of Warthunder minus the bias and grinding and Chromehounds. You build your own mech/hound/tank from parts and each tier represents an alt-history decade from 1920-1980.

>>389925125
I know it's just a small studio with an awful lot of passion behind it, but it's disconcerting when MAV looks no better, and sometimes even worse, than Chromehounds did. An eleven year old game.
>>
Online for this game was DOA.
>>
>>389925125
>spiritual successor
>literal rip models and maps
I still don't understand how this hasn't received a C&D
>>
>>389929307
Far from it, anon. Chromehounds literally, genuinely, unironically had the single best multiplayer experience i've ever had the privilege to enjoy at peak popularity.
>>
>>389929478
Actually now that I think back, that's on me.
My 360 had a lot of issues when it came to NAT being strict.
>>
File: image.png (346KB, 576x545px)
image.png
346KB, 576x545px
>>389925460
>tfw that was me
>>
>>389925260
>>389927531

Thank you both for killing the game even before they killed the servers.

jk, it was the dirty double doubles that really killed it.
>>
>>389929478

This. It helped that you needed to be part of a team It forced you to be social.
>>
File: F A S T.gif (947KB, 500x282px)
F A S T.gif
947KB, 500x282px
>>389924714
I miss going superlight for MAXIMUM SPEED and sniping out people's guncams with a dinky MG while I was moving faster than they could turn
>>
god damn i loved this game, one shotting enemy mechs from insane ranges was my thing.
>>
File: 1496459178327.png (118KB, 322x340px)
1496459178327.png
118KB, 322x340px
>got the game around launch and never got into the multiplayer because I was a dumb preteen who thought it was boring
>now I'm obsessed with mech games and realized this was what my dream game is
Biggest fucking mistake in my life.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.