[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think we'll ever see the end to his story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

File: Jensen_bust.jpg (28KB, 505x497px) Image search: [Google]
Jensen_bust.jpg
28KB, 505x497px
Do you think we'll ever see the end to his story?
>>
Nope, SE fucked over MD and now canned the series for underpreforming.
>>
File: 1412029008777.jpg (5KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
1412029008777.jpg
5KB, 237x213px
>>389920359
>>389920441
>third best selling game august 2016
>number one selling game UK first month of launch
>sales still not good enough for Jewbear-Enix

Disgusting.
Of course the game's not going to sell as well as HR did. It didn't have the same hype factor, it simply had the "you are obligated to make this sequel" factor.
HR was hyped because of the visuals it produced during the time of it's release and because of the long hiatus between the last game and then. So naturally people are more inclined to buy it.
>>
>>389920441
Fucking SE. First Sleeping Dogs, then Deus Ex, then Hitman. They sure love fucking over their Western devs with ass-backward business practices and ditching them when sales don't live up to their impossible standards.
>>
>>389920897
Further more it was released during a time when there was a large of influx of new and/or casual players who hadn't seen anything like it before. Despite the fact that there's still no other modern game like MD, people have other things to play currently and aren't interested in SP, story driven games.
Especially story driven games that were poorly executed, as evidenced by MD itself.
>>
>>389920897
>number one selling game UK first month of launch
literally who cares
>>
Games were shit. No point in finishing it.
>>
>>389921129
Fair enough. But my point is that the game still sold a shit ton of copies (allegedly) and just because it wasn't as many as the previous one, the shit gets canned. Despite still making them large profits.
>>
>>389920359
Last game sucked enough to kill his facet of the franchise, the end.
>>
>If it's not finished, that means Adam went on a goose chase for the rest of his life while Bob Page is making old men the future
>>
>>389921021
Tomb Raider 2013 also sold extremely well and SE were still disappointed in it's sales.
>>
>take single player franchise
>add elements that fanbase doesn't want
>game sales don't live up to your ridiculous sales expectations
>can the IP/studio
They're the Japanese EA. the only thing that's untouchable is their sacred Final Fantasy franchise, it's ok to dump million of dollars there.
>>
File: 1494218244139.jpg (32KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1494218244139.jpg
32KB, 653x490px
Fuck Square-Enix, my headcanon is that Adam Jensen saved the day and then fucked off somewhere to retire with his waifu Malik. You can't take that away from me!
>>
>>389921725
don't forget that it was their idea to split the fucking game in two so they could get double the shekels
of course it didn't work and made a lot of people turn on the game so yeah great fucking job, jackasses

>>389921776
malik is old news, eliza is the true jensen waifu
>>
>>389921776
Even better anon, who do you think it was that gave Paul Denton that massive red pill back when he first had doubts about UNATCO?
>>
>>389922707
brilliant
>>
MD wasnt even that bad and HR universally liked.

WTF happened?
>>
>>389923692
Squeenix happened.
>>
>>389923692
MD had an awful pre-order campaign and microtransaction scheme that turned people off, as well as the "Aug Lives Matter" nontroversy, so when the main story turned out half-baked and not Deus Ex-levels of mindblowing I think it was written off by most. Shame too, since there's quite a lot of good game there, even if the main story is weak and the gameplay is still plagued by dumb exploitable crap.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
Will Adam ever get to fuck Eliza in cyber space?
>>
I hope not, they fucked up MD and I'm not about to swallow another of their half a story game dlc bait
>>
>>389920359
My guess is we'll eventually get another Deus Ex vaguely related to this one and Adam will be a footnote or some ebook somewhere.
>>
>>389921021
Why can't everyone just be Sega?
>>
>>389924278

It seems like I'm the only one annoyed by the lack of infinite NG+. You only get the one carry over.
>>
Can't someone else just buy the franchise off of them? I mean, they're not planning to use it. Zenimax could just buy it off and make Arkane work on a new Desu ex.
>>
File: 1484772000131.jpg (25KB, 321x385px) Image search: [Google]
1484772000131.jpg
25KB, 321x385px
>yfw breach
kind of felt bad for them because of how much it sucked ass while it looked like something they probably put a lot of time and money into
>>
>>389920897
It's the same fucking shit with Wolfenstein 2
Releasing next to Mario Odyssey and like several other huge releases, they did this same shit with TNO
>>
>>389926532
>Time
no
>Money
yes

If the leak from that ex-dev is anything to go by Squeenix forced them to implement Breach really late into development, Eidos didn't actually want to include it but Squeenix needed their microtransactions.
>>
>Kill Sleeping Dogs
>Kill Deus Ex
>Almost killed Hitman (they managed to buy their freedom at the last moment)
These fuckheads at SE seriously need to be held accountable in some way, they have to be doing SOMETHING illegal.
>>
I'm glad I never paid money for fucking Mankind Divided. I considered it because of spoilers about Eliza's (eliza my waifu) involvement and implications of merging with Adam and shit, but just ended up family sharing before pirating it...

I would be very fucking angry if I paid $80 for this only to find out I will never see the conclusion. It'll be 10 years before we get another Deus Ex, if that.
>>
>>389922707
Lebedev?
>>
Is Mankind Divided worth playing?
>>
Anyone else feel like it should have been a new protagonist in Mankind Divided?

Wasn't a fan of the whole retconning thing if you decided to blow up Pangea at the end of H R.
>>
>>389927627
It is.
>>
>>389921993
>don't forget that it was their idea to split the fucking game in two so they could get double the shekels
of course it didn't work and made a lot of people turn on the game so yeah great fucking job, jackasses
It's like no-one learned anything from splitting up Half-Life 3 into Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3.
>>
I think id be more sad if i didnt know, cyberpunk2077 coming. I just need something to fill that cyberpunk need.
>>
Not in the next ten years unless it's in some comic or CGI movie format. What a shame.
>>
>>389926987
At least since Deus Ex is set in 2052, we know everything that happens after MK.
>>
>>389927675

I agree. The franchise had already established new game = new player character and I really had no desire to see more of Jensen. I didn't dislike him, I just didn't really care to see more. I probably would have played MD by now if not for the fact that it's Jensen again. I'm not particularly fond of "mascot" characters except in very limited scenarios, e.g. Hitman is 47 but Mass Effect is not really Shepard. Mascots is fan bullshit and fans are, for the most part, fucking retards and not worth pandering to.
>>
>>389927675
Nah. Adam is one of the most iconic modern video game protagonists. And it's heavily implied you're playing as a clone and not the real Adam, so they most likely didn't retcon that.
>>
File: 1297395935332.png (11KB, 548x475px) Image search: [Google]
1297395935332.png
11KB, 548x475px
>>389928968
>Nah. Adam is one of the most iconic modern video game protagonists.
>>
>>389921776
My headcanon is deus ex being the only game in the series
>>
>>389931323
Wow, what a coincidence, that's mine too!
>>
Wait 10 more years and they'll bring the series back
>>
daily reminder obsidian was supposed to do a new deus ex game instead of canadians
>>
File: deus-ex-icarus-effect.jpg (36KB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex-icarus-effect.jpg
36KB, 800x340px
>>389920359
He gets too close to the sun and it burns his wings.

The end.
>>
>>389921776
>replace Malik with some fag whose entire personality is "be a dick to Jensen"
>>
>>389931587
Instead we got Alpha Protocol
Which was awesome and will never have a sequel
>>
>bro it up with Sarif the whole of HR
>MK makes Jensen act like a huge dick to Sarif 24/7

Why?
>>
>>389921776
She's got the key to his place so you're half way there.
>>
>>389931747
nah i mean a continuation from human revolution
>>
>>389921021
Gotta place blame somewhere.... don't want to place it on their flagship Final Fantasy franchise that's been causing them hemorrhage money for the last eight years or so.
>>
File: virgin transhuman chad overman.jpg (100KB, 960x401px) Image search: [Google]
virgin transhuman chad overman.jpg
100KB, 960x401px
>>389931753
cause the voice actor made a funny joke video about augmented fruit flies and people thought he was legit insane and Eidos/Square did nothing to argue the opposite and let his name get drug through the mud without offering once to say "uh this guy isn't nuts it's a silly joke video" eventually culminating in him actually going a little loopy and being a pseudo-homeless actor/stage actor who wouldn't/couldn't reprise his role in part because he disagrees with their new world order agenda promoting transhumanism
>>
>>389927627
It is, but you will be VERY pissed off when it ends abruptly... while technically still having a good amount of play time to it, it ends just when it feels like it's really going.
>>
>>389931856
They screwed themselves with their "pandering to ta wider market", now the fanbase is too segmented. You have people that have never played a Final Fantasy game before telling long-time FF fans how the future games should be like.

Where I live (SEA), you have supposed FF VII fans whose only experience with the franchise is watching Advent Children and knowing who Cloud and Sephiroth are and think FF VII is an action game.
>>
>>389931753
He was brainwashed by the Illuminati during his time in their Alaskan facility.
>>
>>389931931
Wow, that is pretty crazy. But why ruin Sarif and Adam's relationship? Just bring in a new VA.
>>
>>389926785
Because Final Fantasy cost Square Enix a shit ton of money over the last eight years or so and instead of actually acknowledging that, they decided to place blame on other games not selling a ridiculous amounts of copies.
>>
>>389927675
Technically he is a new protagonist original Jensen is dead
>>
>>389920359
If you could get that sunglasses implant, and nothing else, would you?

I would.
>>
File: transhumanity.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
transhumanity.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>389931931
>>
>>389932004
That actually makes sense, never thought of that.
>>
>>389932154
I think they're actually supposed to be ballistic glass shields for his eyes, to keep shrapnel out. I am basing this on nothing but the fact that Shadowrun has an implant that looks like those, and that's what it does.
>>
File: transhumanism jews.png (975KB, 1354x1606px) Image search: [Google]
transhumanism jews.png
975KB, 1354x1606px
>>389932217
It's an odd juxtaposition how the creators of the new Deus Ex have presented augmentation in the past as something to be approached cautiously, will make normal people obsolete, opens humans up to control from shady entities, cybernetic backdoor attacks, etc. etc. but push transhumanism hardcore through their social media with clickbaity shit, funding artificial arms for amputees for PR, 8 CRAZY WAYS YOU WON'T BELIEVE THAT CYBERNETICS ARE INEVITABLE AND THE FUTURE, etc.
>>
File: dxhrdiagnostics.jpg (763KB, 980x2916px)
dxhrdiagnostics.jpg
763KB, 980x2916px
>>389932359
You're probably right. It's not like DX doesn't borrow heavily from other cool things as necessary.

I still would.
>>
>>389921021
You fucking retards caused this by whoring graphics for the past decades. If you had bought your games on Wii/WiiU/PSP/Vita/DS/3DS instead of your normalfag Call of Duty consoles games wouldn't be so expensive to make and we'd have room for stuff like Deus Ex.
>>
>>389932093
You are mistaken, he is the original Adam, not that there aren't clones also being made for research purposes.

However the Illuminati has tampered with his Augs and made him into a sleeper agent, I think he was also fitted with a killswitch.

I think the original plan was for him to make it to the heart of the conspiracy then have all his augs shut down, killing him and bringing the myth of Icarus full circle. Eliza would then save and merge with his mind and together they'd become Daedalus.
>>
>>389932217
you seem to have forgotten that he ~dIdN't AsK fOr ThIs~
>>
I didn't get very far into MK, but completed HR. I thought HR was amazing with how it went about revealing the Illuminati, their control, starting with the FEMA camp and the giant underground prison facility you find. It being the first vindication of all the otherwise crazy shit the Alex Jones inspired radio host is always going on about, with him basically being ahead of the curve on everything. His ranting validated more and more as you find out more firsthand. The speculative aspects of their sci-fi, the world they built, all of it. I thought it was great. Apart from ending suddenly because they wanted to make a fucking trilogy of games that will now never happen (WOW LIKE ICARUS FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN WHOA BRAVO SQUARE) is MK equally as quality in that regard? I heard it's boring and basically stays boring the entire game with only the sparse SM labelled full Side Missions being particularly interesting or cool.

As an aside it's absolutely insane to me that they sold DLC missions that are self-contained and isolated from any progress or place in the main storyline/existing saves.
>>
>>389921993
>>389925913
>Eliza
That was the only attractive female in MD
2d > 3d even in fiction
>>
>>389932667
MD's pacing and structure is quite different to HR, but it's also a lot better in terms of level design and replayability,

The biggest difference is that MD has fewer missions and sidequests overall, but those missions are much longer and higher quality than anything in HR and many of them have branching consequences the further you get into the main story.

The only disappointing aspect IMO is how abruptly and jarringly it ends, I'd still strongly recommend playing it.
>>
>>389932891
It felt like it was just getting started when it ended abruptly... even though it had a considerable armount of hours of play time before doing so. Honestly I thought it was weak compared to Human Revolution and GMDX.
>>
>>389933073
I felt the same way, but my first playthrough of MD was also something like 20 hours longer than my first playthrough of HR, I think the lack of piecemeal missions makes it feel like you're not making a lot of progress through the game even though you're putting much more time into each mission than you were previously.
>>
>>389921050
>Despite the fact that there's still no other modern game like MD
You mean, besides Human Revolution, which was exactly the fucking same?
>>
>>389933465
yeah, he probably does mean besides human revolution you fucking retard
>>
>>389933641
Except for the part where he says this:
>during a time when there was a large of influx of new and/or casual players who hadn't seen anything like it before
>>
>>389932062
Final Fantasy is shit, has been for over a decade. It's still their cash cow and the only thing that has saved them from bankruptcy several times.
>>
>>389931931
No, that's definitely not why that happened. That's the fanfiction you wrote around facts.
>>
>>389932405
Is there anything those mongoloids at /pol/ don't create conspiracy theories around?
>>
>>389933296
Not the anon your're replying too but come on, let's be honest here. This game was a full complete game sliced in half. That abrupt ending was fucking bullshit. I probably agree with you that MD is longer than HR, but HR's story sure as fuck feels more complete and has a bigger impact.

This game had a few game breaking bugs at it's initial release and was an absolute CPU killer. Kind of reminds me of AC Unity.

Truly disappointing to be honest, this had so much potential. I mean with the kind of subject matter these games are talking about it almost baffles me how you can fuck this up.
>>
File: 1420995671155.jpg (490KB, 692x2081px) Image search: [Google]
1420995671155.jpg
490KB, 692x2081px
>>389933857
It's great, what are you talking about?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.