[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Limited Run Games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: limited-run-featured.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
limited-run-featured.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
What does /v/ think of Limited Run Games?
>>
Shit. Whats the point of making them limited? Why not just make monthy batches per orders?
>>
>>389914972
for scalp-er, i mean "collectors" by "collectors"

faggots eat it up, too. i remember reading threads on other websites where people were talking about how they'd boycott and stop buying from them if they ever made their games not limited in quantity. i guess they just like to feel special about owning physical indie game.
>>
File: Malicious-Fallen-PS4-Ann.jpg (167KB, 630x390px) Image search: [Google]
Malicious-Fallen-PS4-Ann.jpg
167KB, 630x390px
>>389914393
GIVE IT A RELEASE YOU FUCKS
>>
Where the fuck is the Skullgirls physical release?
>>
Fucking annoying, but I try to get the releases I want anyways. Doing a Wonderboy/Lawbreakers bundle was the lowest fucking shit I've seen.
>>
They're fucking trash and the customer service is garbage. I've bought two games (Risk of Rain & Furi) both arrived just mangled and they sent me a really pissy email when I had my bank charge back what I paid after LRG denied my refund.
>>
>>389914972
Profits. Whenever they do pre-orders, they typically undersell what their expected numbers were. They're pretty public about it. The consumers, be it scalpers or collectors, put a lot of value in the fact they're limited to X copies. It's easier and safer to sell through a limited release than it is to just open them for everyone. All their games sell out within the day (if not within an hour or less) when they're limited. It took the entire time Ys Origin was up to even match their original estimation for a limited run. The other pre-order games they've done have fallen under their estimates.
>>389917568
They do that for every release though, a lot of people are retarded and buy any game LRG shits out so they added an option to add both to your cart, for faster checkout, to appease them.

I like LRG myself but I rarely buy from them, just the concept is nice. They've been releasing too many games lately and a lot of them are shit or mediocre. Ys Origin CE, Shantae, and Oddworld are the only games I have from them.
>>
File: 1504549407410.jpg (58KB, 777x932px) Image search: [Google]
1504549407410.jpg
58KB, 777x932px
>What does /v/ think of Limited Run Games?

Scalper fodder.
>>
>>389918026
Screencap it and show us!
>>
>>389918084
>They do that for every release though
They do not. At least for some releases. And it wasn't an added option until well after Wonderboy "sold out". It doesn't take a genius to see it was because Lawbreakers wasn't selling at all.
>>
anyone ever try buying something with thier phone? ima be at work during one of the releases, but i fear the phone input and connection will be too slow to beat everyone on a desktop.
>>
I find it annoying how they only release things on Sony platforms for some reason
>>
Some of their releases sell out within ten minutes and that's fucking terrible for their bigger releases.

They SHOULD just do preorders for the bigger games.
>>
>>389918906
They do big box PC games occasionally.

Also they've said they'd like to do 3DS games, but implied that Nintendo aren't co-operating.
>>
>>389919072
>Nentendo not being willing to fuel the scalper market
I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>389918503
It's a more recent thing but what releases didn't have a bundle? Assuming two games launch on the same day like they usually do. I don't keep up with them too actively, just when games I want go up. Wonderboy one is scummy, though.
>>389918906
Microsoft doesn't allow you to publish a game on their console if it's under a certain number of units. Nintendo likely just won't work with them period. They do PC games sometimes as well. Sony is just the easiest to make it happen on.
>>389918957
>10 minutes
If only. Try less than 5 on big releases. If it lasts for 10 minutes then 90%+ people could get one if they wanted to. The real solution for both sides to end up happy is just upping the print size for more popular games.
>>
>>389918473
It's on my business email so I'm digging through shit trying to find it.
>>
>>389919226

Nintendo doesn't need a middle man.
>>
>>389914393
I like them, I refuse to pay for digital.
>>
I'm so fucking aggravated about having missed the Furi run.
>>
Fucking sick of their shit. I appreciate them doing physical runs for vita and all, but not when they sell out in minutes. If I miss the Ribi ribi run I'm gonna get so fucking mad
>>
>>389922718

I love my vita but I'm just getting the ps4 pqube version next paycheck.

However you'll get it if you show up right at the minute the game goes live. This is not Night Trap, or even shantae which took like 10-15 minutes to sell out. It's some anime game no one knows about. You'll be fine.
>>
I dislike any company that makes something that sells out within 5 minutes.

I don't see why I should have to miss my chance at buying a product because it came and went during the time I was taking a shit or whatever.

Just fucking make more
>>
They're scum. Fangamer is much better for small runs of games.
>>
Most of their releases are shit, there are few good games each year tho.
>>
>>389914393
They put out two Shantae games and Ys Origin, they're cool in my books. I know some shit is going down with Skullgirls and they get pissy if you call them out on it, which is ridiculous.
>>
>Designed for scalpers more than for the fans of the games they make physical releases of
Cool concept, garbage execution.
>>
Are they actually physical copies or are they only doing packaging with a code insert?
>>
>>389928094
Physical discs/carts, some games even get CE's with extra shit
>>
>>389914393
First time I ordered from them (for Shantae), it was great. Every release since then, I cant get anything quick enough.

I like the concept but it's just designed for scalpers
>>
File: qt.jpg (16KB, 221x320px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
16KB, 221x320px
they're good. i don't buy EVERY game because 90% of their releases are shovelware indie shite.
but wonderboy, broken age, hyper light drifter, nighttrap (kek), shadow complex were all nice additions to the collection and the only ones i am interested in that they have released.
buying shadow warrior 2 today; something to look forward to
>>
I really appreciate that they're providing a way to get physical copies of games that would otherwise be held hostage by PSN/Steam. That being said the core concept of these releases being limited to 5000 units which are only sold during a short window of time is fucking bullshit. The majority of their releases are mediocre at best and what few great games do come out can be a pain in the ass to get. Unfortunately they seem dependent on a minority of scalpers to stay afloat, so I doubt we'll ever see reprints. I'm still holding out for some sort of physical-on-demand service, but limited run isn't bad if you can actually get the games you want. Also pushing their logo and series number on the spine is pretty faggy
>>
>>389928562
>Also pushing their logo and series number on the spine is pretty faggy
THIS, holy fuck.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SKULL GIRLS?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.