[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hell invading the Earth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_Doom_20170909_133016.png (711KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_Doom_20170909_133016.png
711KB, 1600x900px
If there was an actual hell invasion on Earth. Could we actually fight it back or would we be utterly fucked if a massive hell portal opened up in a major city like LA?

For this scenario we will use doom daemons as a base + possessed zombies (military & police too) and willing (not possessed humans) collaborators/literal satanic cultists as the main force of the invasions. I go by 40k fluff when it comes to the daemons they can be summoned intentionally or manifest/teleport in areas that are basically becoming hellified/near the portal. They can't be really killed but "banished" back to hell in a incorporeal form and basically mocked at by other demons for dying to a flesh bag for a long time. You would have your typical cannon fodder imps to your tearing new asshole level demons like Barons and Cyberdeamons.

As far as the mindfuckerly and other horrifying shit. At the start of invasion anyone asleep or within 20 miles of the first invasion portal will likely be instantly possessed into zombies by incorporeal demonic energy/spirits Other shit like demonic spirits showing visions of dead loved ones suffering/being tortured in hell to victims and just the whole reality that Hell exists is a factor too. Think Event horizon to get an idea of that.

Or could a single marine save us all
>>
File: squiggle_face.jpg (29KB, 745x469px) Image search: [Google]
squiggle_face.jpg
29KB, 745x469px
>>389912950
Nope - we are all fucked up
>>
any real military force can lay waste to video game enemies with slow moving projectile attacks
>>
contrary to what most fiction will tell you; modern fire arms are powerful as all fuck and a zombie apocalypse would be quashed in a matter of hours

The only apocalypse setting I could see mankind having a hard time to overcome would be the robot apocalypse.
>>
File: HmqQHQZ.png (182KB, 814x455px) Image search: [Google]
HmqQHQZ.png
182KB, 814x455px
A doom marine would show up and save the day.

In all seriousness going by just DOOM demons we would win. It would be bloody and horrific as fuck in this situation the world and US would just nuke the ever living fuck out of the portal. Even the "elite" demons would still be fucked by massive fire power, the notion of collateral damage wouldn't even factor in this event. No one in their right minds would get near to even an Imp let alone a cyber demon or something more monstrous.

>UNLESS HOWEVER
If Military/Civilians can go turncoat zombies, we are fucked 110% no ifs and buts. If even 1/4 of our military was compromised in that fashion plus throwing in other fuckery with visions of pure nightmares it would basically be the Apocalypse. Hell wouldn't even need to send in flesh in blood demons to will, this alone would be enough. We would be doubly fucked if willing traitors were actually working with hell in this manner and/or directing demonic forces. I would imagine that hell would be by definition pure chaos so coordination and getting hell to work with itself would be its weakness. I would suspect the only time hellspawn would even agree to stop killing each other would be at a chance of inflicting pain on the real world.
>>
>>389914014
Or aliens. But I think robot uprising is probably something humans should realistically watch out for. It wouldnt surprise me if in 100 years we have full robot armies for every major world power. Throw AI into the mix and its unclear what could happen. Shame none of us are likely to live before machine immortality exists either.
>>
>>389914530
Aliens are a whole different can of worms and much like Hell its hard to discuss because that shit doesn't actually exist.
>>
Well you say we but you don't say if the portals are opening worldwide or just in LA.

I agree if it was just LA then LA would get fucked but the portal would get nuked or MOAB'd after it was clear all the people were dead.

If it was worldwide then it would be a very very long war, probably past our lifetimes. There's too many places where the demons could control large areas without much confrontation.
>>
>>389914273

Some of the most dangerous enemies in Doom are actually Shotgun guys. Yes, they can make zombies. So imagine armies of zombies.

Also the demons incorporate human tech into their bodies. Imagine demon/zombie tanks and big heavy weaponry.
>>
>>389914694
More stars in the universe than grains of sands on all of Earth's beaches, and you dont think aliens exist? Not to mention the fact there are astronauts that straight up claim they do. Doesnt really get more credible than that.
>>
>>389914985
Humans like to believe in the fanciful. But there is no evidence that aliens exist and even if they did, FTL travel is impossible so interacting with them wouldn't even be a thing
>>
>>389914943
Nothing stopping us from just nuking the hell out of them really. Even if there are multiple portals. Would be worth the collateral damage.
>>
>>389914530
dumbest post I've read on /v/ today
>>
>>389915080
Normally I'd say politicans would stop everything up in red tape until nukes were no longer a solid answer but I can def see Trump firing nukes as a first answer to demon portals
>>
>>389915073
The fact we exist is evidence that they exist. And we also already know of theoretical ways FTL could work within the confine of our current understanding of physics.
>>
>>389915223
Sounds like some circular logic anon, may as be a christian

>We exist so aliens must!
>They will just use space magic to ignore the laws of physics

You need to accept that Star Trek was a work of fiction. And no, there is no secret government conspiracy to hide aliens from the world. That shit would make no sense
>>
>>389915210
Probably the most level-headed decision he'll ever make
>>
>>389914530
>machine immortality
You mean mind uploading? Because mind uploading is bullshit. Mind *copying* is the best you'll ever get, and even that's a VERY big "maybe". I don't give a fuck if some copy of me gets to live if *I'm* still going to fucking die.
>>
>>389915560
What if your brain cells are slowly replaced by a synthetic equivalent and you have a steady stream of consciousness through the entire process?
>>
>>389915475
MIB please stop lying
>>
>>389915654
A problem for the mad scientists of tomorrow to solve, I'd like to see an experiment with one mind being copied after death, and one mind being gradually changed over while conscious.
>>
>>389915475
>We exist so aliens must!
More like "The fact that we exist means that intelligent life can exist, and in an infinite universe, it's not unreasonable to think that intelligent life may have happened more than once."

>They will just use space magic to ignore the laws of physics
Or maybe we're wrong about the laws of physics. Maybe we don't know everything.
>>
>>389915741
Listen man, scifi settings are fun but they are works of fiction and that is all they will ever be. Thats why the only """evidence"""" of alien life you have is shaky cameras looking at dust particles and 90 year old crack pot astronauts who confuse dreams with memories.
>>
We'd be fucked if a portal opened on the west coast. There would be Demon Lives Matter marches and massive groups of people with "demon immigrants welcome" signs, shouting about how the demons are only violent because of white oppression.
>>
>>389915654
>>389915756
I'm not even entirely convinced that mind = brain anyway.
>>
>>389916008
Souls dont exist, anon
>>
>>389915560
Consciousnesses is a meme, that copy is the same as you if it's the only one.
>>
>>389914943
They can't make zombies
If going by Doom3 and nuDoom zombies are created by people who physically visited hell or weak minded/ sleeping people becoming possessed.

I would also say there's a "willing possessed" (or unwilling and forced by cultists) by people would actually allow themselves to be possessed by demons to gain superhuman abilities/mutations. Think of them as the doom 3 tentical or chain gun commandos vs the armed or shambling zombies.
>>
File: doomjpg-0a5d22_1280w.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
doomjpg-0a5d22_1280w.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>389915964
I'm sure there would people who will be opening to "Exploring sexuality" with the lust/excess demons and also not realizing that excess also means excessive pain.
>>
>>389916167
From other people's perspective? Yes.

From your perspective? No.
>>
>>389916050
>>389916008
I've always chosen to believe that the closest equivalent of the soul is memory, so if you could back up human memory 100% and rig it to tech that functions like the human brain with tiered levels of consciousness, you'll have successfully backed up a person. It's all just hypothesis and fantasy now, though, but there are wealthy people bankrolling this line of research for obvious reasons
>>
>>389916321
Wont matter, immortality wont exist it will just be copies
>>
File: 1505093419979[1].png (219KB, 680x368px) Image search: [Google]
1505093419979[1].png
219KB, 680x368px
>>389916283
>>
>Doom as a base

We'd be fine.
I mean, if a regular double barrel can completely devastate these things just imagine what more modern firepower and weaponry would do.
>>
>>389915904
>90 year old crack pot astronauts
There are literal audio transmissions of them describing the things they were witnessing on the moon in real time.
>>
>>389916321
Even that would still be just copies. SOMA covers this pretty well.
>>
>>389916527
Different anon here: You've got me intrigued. Would you happen to know where I might be able to hear that audio?
>>
File: 1412474989940.gif (994KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1412474989940.gif
994KB, 500x500px
>>389916184
>If going by Doom3 and nuDoom zombies are created by people who physically visited hell or weak minded/ sleeping people becoming possessed.
In Doom3, zombies are created by the corrupted spirits pouring out of the portal. The original Doom implied that the portals caused corruption in humans; most that didn't turn were either killed or died fighting. In the original, the invasion corrupted reality and turned cities into dungeons, but they never really explain that.

nuDoom is an alternate universe where humanity goes full retard and actually EMBRACES the corruption. There are a few people that aren't into burning in hell for all eternity, but those are a minority in that facility.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.