[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

horribly convoluted gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg (54KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg
54KB, 256x250px
horribly convoluted gameplay
>>
I'd take the infinite customization and player control in VIII over mindnumbing simplistic shit like IX any day.

VII and X are good middle grounds though.
>>
File: SWEETIE.jpg (228KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
SWEETIE.jpg
228KB, 666x666px
>>389910450
>Shitting on the best Final Fantasy.

Stay cucked.
>>
File: vEW22yr.gif (1MB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
vEW22yr.gif
1MB, 288x216px
Rollerblades
>>
>>389910815
i really want to hate fuck this dub bitch
>>
>spam GFs
>convoluted
you mean braindead, until adel
>>
>>389910450
Classic case of trying too many new things at once. None of the mechanics are necessarily game breaking but, a whole game full of them is a chore to play.
>>
>>389910978
OK. Sure, sweetie. Oh. Shit. Wait. I forgot. I only let real men fuck me. You can watch. :^)
>>
Spamming Renzokuken was fun doe
>>
Only the draw mechanic was sucks
>>
>>389910687
X is Simon says shit
Is flying use a ball
Is heavy use Auron lol
Literally zero thought
>>
>>389911001
>Using GFs other than Doomtrain ever
>>
>>389910450
Empty as fuck overworld with shit enemy variety, GF customization taking precedence over character building is retarded, the plot only starts to make sense if you exchange college theses with people about what the events in game are SUPPOSED to mean

Shit game
>>
>>389910450
>Card all enemies
>Triple Triad
>Turn cards into high level spells
>Junction all your stats
>Kick ass through the whole game without even leveling

Convoluted maybe, but it still feels good to break the game.
>>
>you start out the game as some guys
>suddenly you have to play as some other guys you don't know

why do they do this
>>
>>389913337
It starts out SImon says shit, but as the game goes on and the sphere grid opens up you can make some really interesting character builds.
>>
>Grinding for hours and playing Triple Triad just to get the right abilities to turn cards into items into magic to access late game magic on Disc 1, junctioning it to STR and steamrolling through the first three discs.

So fun. Junction was pretty great, just a bit too much work.
>>
>>389914151
They eventually connect it together. A lot of media have two seemingly separate things coming together turning out to actually be connected
>>
>>389910450
its really not that hard, theres a million waays to break the game. my personal favorite is using tents to get curaga early and junctioning it to hp
>>
File: FF8.jpg (146KB, 389x380px) Image search: [Google]
FF8.jpg
146KB, 389x380px
>>389910450
>horribly convoluted gameplay

and the story/setting is one of the most wasted potential.

I would say the most wasted potential but XV exists
>>
>>389915687
Fuck, just looking at it gives me cancer
>>
>>389914686
Maybe don't be a fuckboy that abuses guides and mechanics and play the game as you might have like a normal person? This is the worst argument about FFVIII, it's like you autists can't ignore the potentiality of breaking the game (for no reason). The game is perfectly enjoyable, playable, and beatable, without abusing mechanics. You act like the game simply cannot be completed without doing some convoluted, internet guide only bullshit and its retarded.
>>
>>389915687
>Implying the story/setting is good
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.