[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Kino conversations in vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 21

File: ULFRIC.jpg (209KB, 580x802px) Image search: [Google]
ULFRIC.jpg
209KB, 580x802px
Tullius: "Enough... enough..."
Ulfric: "This is it for you. Any last words before I send you to Oblivion?"
Tullius: "You realize this is exactly what they wanted."
Galmar: "What who wanted?"
Tullius: "The Thalmor. They stirred up trouble here. Forced us to divert needed resources and throw away good soldiers quelling this rebellion."
Ulfric: "It's a little more than a rebellion, don't you think?"
Galmar: "Heh."
Tullius: "We aren't the bad guys you know."
Ulfric: "Maybe not, but you certainly aren't the good guys."
Tullius: "Perhaps you're right. But then what does that make you?"
Ulfric: "You just said it yourself."
Galmar: "It makes us right."
Tullius: "And if I surrender?"
Ulfric: "The Empire I remember never surrendered."
Galmar: "That Empire is dead. And so are you."
Tullius: "So be it."
Galmar: "Just kill him and let's be done with it already."
Ulfric: "Come, Galmar. Where's your sense of the dramatic moment?"
Galmar: "By the gods! If it's a good ending to some damn story you're after - perhaps the Dragonborn should be the one to do it."
Ulfric: "Good point."
>>
File: 1505080278319.jpg (90KB, 1000x851px) Image search: [Google]
1505080278319.jpg
90KB, 1000x851px
Who the hell is Galmar?
>>
"Wait a minute... that card."
--Jack
>>
File: 1502504362565.png (3MB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
1502504362565.png
3MB, 953x953px
You're welcome.
>>
File: Galmar.jpg (279KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Galmar.jpg
279KB, 500x600px
>>389906981
Ulfric: "Well put, friend. Tell me, Galmar, why do you fight for me?"
Galmar: "I'd follow you into the depths of Oblivion, you know that."
Ulfric: "Yes, but why do you fight? If not for me, what then?"
Galmar: "I'll die before elves dictate the fates of men. Are we not one in this?"
Ulfric: "I fight for the men I've held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, who's names I heard whispered in their last breaths. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight for my people impoverished to pay the debts of an Empire too weak to rule them, yet brands them criminals for wanting to rule themselves! I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing. I fight... because I must."
Galmar: "Your words give voice to what we all feel, Ulfric. And that's why you will be High King. But the day words are enough, will be the day when soldiers like us are no longer needed."
Ulfric: "I would gladly retire from the world were such a day to dawn."
Galmar: "Aye. But in the meantime, we have a war to plan."
>>
Wait a minute... that card.
>>
>>389906734
"Did you say nerd?"
>>
>>389907474
No, a node!
>>
All roads lead to Gran Soren
>>
>>389906734
The Thalmor plotline in Skyrim was a thousand times more interesting than time-travelling dragons. It's probably the only interesting Bethesda writing (bar a side quest here and there) since Morrowind.

Shame they utterly failed to convey a nation at war in the gameplay itself.
>>
>>389906734

The entirety of BFBC2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s28qM8M3Bxw
>>
>>389907530
Wolves hunt in packs, Arisen
>>
>>389907539
Should have been the main story. Fuck the "end of the world" storyline that plagues just about every epic fantasy

Although, the Thalmor end game is just that.
>>
>>389907669
BFBC2 need its own show. holy fuck
>>
>>389907818
Bad company 2 was a serious step down from 1. They left almost all the humor behind and replaced it with grimguy mcmurderface.
>>
>>389907539
Yeah fuck the dragon bullshit. It was the same generic "save the world" plot from Oblivion. You could have made a much more interesting game with the Civil War.
>>
File: Ulfric DId Nothing Wrong.png (388KB, 1280x1604px) Image search: [Google]
Ulfric DId Nothing Wrong.png
388KB, 1280x1604px
>>
>>389907712
Soaked to the bone!
>uses Panacea
>>
File: 1489863184806.webm (676KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489863184806.webm
676KB, 640x480px
>>389907382
I didn't realize Ulfric was a man of such conviction and ideal, still most of his choices were boderline retarded
>prioritize and attack whiterun instead of imperials
>do not prioritize elves, dragons or other evils that threaten skyrim
>do not consider truce or a plan to eliminate the Thalmor
Just feels cheap, as if all he wanted was just to be the king
>>
>>389908168
H-He doesn't want to be king! He wants a free Skyrim. Remember the high king will be rightfully elected by the jarls who supported the stormcloaks. Who knows, maybe they'll elect someone else!
>>
>>389908168
that's why the stormcloak rebellion works
Ulfric genuinely believes in his cause and is capable of inspiring others with said belief
>>
>>389908168
Easier to prioritize threats when you are high king instead of rebel king
>>
>"bad guys"
>"good guys"
did Joss Whedon write this
>>
>>389908168
Prioritizing whiterun is the most sound way to go.
If he takes whiterun he controls central skyrim and gains huge support for being able to take the trade city of skyrim.
The elves bit, ulfric isnt racist. he has high elves in Windhelm. Nords just dont value laziness. So when a bunch of Dark evle refugees flee morrowind what does he do?
he takes them in. what do they do? contribute to the war? integrate into nord culture? no they bitch and moan and say "its not our fight"
on the dragon and evil bit, thats just game design.
>>
File: 1407924301420.gif (5KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1407924301420.gif
5KB, 250x242px
>>389909120
Maybe, but seeing as he claims to fight for all of skyrim, that should include his nord imperial "enemies" as well.
A true good guy would have done literally everything that's honorable, like sparing the defeated nords and giving spoils to the poor to make them Stormcloack sympathizers
Winning the people is the same as winning the civil war.
>>
>>389907382
That's actually pretty decent.
>>
>>389909532
Hes waging a war, he has finite resource and cant spend them chasing bullshit
>>
>>389909474
He'd have every right to be racist. It's been 200 years since the red year. Dark elves should have went home by now.
>>
File: 1372387092811.jpg (19KB, 451x359px) Image search: [Google]
1372387092811.jpg
19KB, 451x359px
>right to be racist.
>>
>>389910141
Racism is okay sometimes.
>>
>>389910261
Its really not
>>
NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE
I YIELD, I YI- NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE
>>
>>389910306
How else are you supposed to act towards niggers?
>>
>>389910382
Prep them, obviously. What are you, racist?
>>
>>389909474
>he takes them in
They were already there

Ulfric is just a cuck who was sent by daddy to Hrothgar and shat upon his own family lineague purely for his own selfish dream of being high king

Stormcloak Rebellion = Thalmor False Flag Operation
>>
>>389910141
wh-what is her hand doing right near her...her lap?
>>
>>389910032
welllll they can't with the argonian occupation and all. My point is that they have been in skyrim a long time. No point for them to be neutral in the fight.
>>
>>389910487
Fuck Bethesda for not giving me the option to take that dossier to Ulfric and show him what's going on behind the scenes.
>>
>>389906734
This dialogue is kino for people who watch indie movies and automatically think they're good because they're made for film festivals.
>>
File: 1484173517302.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1484173517302.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>389910487
its the
>muh thalmor are controlling Ulfric
>Ulfric is just in it to be high KAN- uh i mean king!
>>
File: 250px-Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (31KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
31KB, 250x300px
Vincente: Are you a revolutionary? Is that why you are here?

Marston: I was once, I suppose, in a twisted kind of way. Thought I could
change something if I fought hard enough.

Vincente: Change what?

Marston: I don't know. Maybe that was the problem.
>>
>>389910487
Thats one of the things that always made me think Ulfric was just a selfish asshole

He knows that the empire will enver shake off the Thalmor invasion if its fragmented and he will never shake it off either. if the empire with its provinces can't, what can Skyrim do?

He's a soldier and he claims to just want to spare the lives of Skyrim's warriors but he goes about the worst way possible
>>
>>389910306
its only bad when white people are racist
>>
>>389906734

skyrim had a lot of good dialogue/conversations to be honest. i never understood why people always praised the writing in morrowind but never in skyrim. in morrowind it hardly feels like conversations at all, more like info dumps. the quests in skyrim actually have a lot MORE dialogue and interesting information. you always get the know the characters motivations and how they feel about it. morrowind hardly has any of that.
>>
File: jarl elisif the thottie.jpg (262KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
jarl elisif the thottie.jpg
262KB, 1680x1050px
>>389906734
reminder that if you side with the stormcloaks you're doing exactly what the thalmor jews want you to
>>
File: 1490870369990.jpg (63KB, 420x462px) Image search: [Google]
1490870369990.jpg
63KB, 420x462px
>>389910916
I feel like rock star in going to GTA V red dead.
The story is so good and I feel like it went over the 12 y/o heads. and the "gangsta" crowd that san andreas attracted to the series.
>>
Balgruuf: Proventus, what do you make of all this? If Ulfric were to attack Whiterun...

Proventus: As in all things, my lord, caution...I urge us to wait and see.

Irileth: Prey awaits.

Balgruuf: I am of a mind with Irileth. It's time to act.

Proventus: You plan to march on Windhelm?

Balgruuf: I'm not a fool, Proventus. I mean it's time to challenge Ulfric to face me as a man, or to declare his intentions.

Proventus: He'll do no such thing!

Irileth: He was rather straight forward with Torygg.

Proventus: Torygg? He simply walked up to the boy and murdered him!

Irileth: That "boy" was High King of Skyrim.

Balgruuf: I'm not the High King, but neither am I a boy. If Ulfric wants to challenge my rule in the old way, let him. Though I suspect he'll prefer to send his "Stormcloaks" to do it for him.

Irileth: True. He's already proven his personal strength. Now he seeks to prove his army's.

Proventus: Then might I urge you to consider General Tullius's request? I mean, if you are bent on offending Jarl Ulfric...

Irileth: Ulfric is the one who has offended. But, Proventus has a point. Ulfric has made it clear. In his mind, to refuse his claim is to side with the Empire.

Proventus: And what harm is there in letting a few Legionnaires die in place of your own men?

Balgruuf: It seems cowardly.

Irileth: Was it cowardly then to accept the White-Gold Concordat?

Balgruuf: This again?! That was different. Was I given a chance to object to the terms of the treaty? No. The Jarls weren't asked. We were told. And we had to like it.

Proventus: The chests of gold didn't hurt.

Balgruuf: Dammit! This isn't about gold!

Irileth: It's time to decide.

Proventus: Lord, wait. Let us see if Ulfric is serious.

Balgruuf: Oh, he's serious. But so am I.
>>
File: Glass Him.gif (2MB, 613x290px) Image search: [Google]
Glass Him.gif
2MB, 613x290px
>>389906734
>Kino conversations
Greatest rebuttal ever in vidya
>>
>>389911114
The Empire was hitting major turning points in Cyrodiil though. They reclaimed the Imperial City, captured a high valued elf general and decimated a large army in the colovian highlands, this could have rallied the Empire and it's provinces with these key victories yet they became ultimate cucks and just surrendered right there. Empire has no reason to exist anymore if they so easily give up.
>>
>>389911370
to be fair they cut down the scope of it by like, 50%.
>>
>>389911902
the entire game was highest kino
>>
>>389911902
>the ending of the game is paid DLC
i will never not be mad at this
>>
>>389907954
this
Kelly's Heroes in WW3 > muh superweapon
>>
>>389908168
Whiterun is the most strategicly important hold in skyrim. Whiterun was a trade city not just because of it's value in resources but because it's central to the country and has the most easily traversable terrain.

Trying to move an army to or from Windhelm through The Pale or Falkreath is a nightmare, you can send an force through whiterun after you hear about the enemy's departure and be at their capital before they even arrive.
>>
>>389912580
I stopped being mad when it turned out to be the sickest shit
>>
>>389906734
sounds like something two little kids would shout at each other on the playground, not the conclusion to an epic civil war
>>
>>389907539
Nah, Oblivion had far better writing than Morrowind, main quest withstanding.
>>
>>389910916

my favorite line from the game

>Luisa: I'm sorry. We cannot be too careful. The world is very dangerous.

>Marston: Especially, when you great it with a gun.
>>
>>389911779
Balgruuf is best Jarl.
>>
>>389913041
>>389911779

Balgruuf is so meh. It's like they all went "let's make ABSOLUTE OBVIOUS that he is a good ruler, ok guyze? The Keyword here is OBVIOUS"
>>
>>389911779
God every imperial aligned character in the game is such a fucking jew. I'd actually be able to justify siding with the fuckers who tried to cut my head off if I could find just one supporter who wouldn't feed his own mom into a wood chipper for a few coins
>>
>>389907382
>yfw because you never talked to ulfric this shit dialogue played Everytime you set your foot into Winterfell castle and the characters played it out woodenly like a theatre show every time
Shit programming desu
>>
File: donte.png (609KB, 641x446px) Image search: [Google]
donte.png
609KB, 641x446px
>>389906734
Bouncer: Hey, you're not coming in. You're not on the list.

Donte: I am now
>>
There is nothing better than killing Ulfric like a dog and then raising him as a thrall to be your slave.

t. altmer dragonborn
>>
>Arthas says: Glad you could make it, Uther.
>Uther the Lightbringer says: Watch your tone with me, boy. You may be the prince, but I'm still your superior as a paladin!
>Arthas says: As if I could forget. Listen, Uther, there's something about the plague you should know...
>Arthas says: Oh, no. We're too late. These people have all been infected! They may look fine now, but it's just a matter of time before they turn into the undead!
>Uther the Lightbringer says: What?
>Arthas says: This entire city must be purged.
>Uther the Lightbringer says: How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other way.
>Arthas says: Damn it, Uther! As your future king, I order you to purge this city!
>Uther the Lightbringer says: You are not my king yet, boy! Nor would I obey that command even if you were!
>Arthas says: Then I must consider this an act of treason.
>Uther the Lightbringer says: Treason? Have you lost your mind, Arthas?
>Arthas says: Have I? Lord Uther, by my right of succession and the sovereignty of my crown, I hereby relieve you of your command and suspend your paladins from service.
>Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Arthas! You can't just--
>Arthas says: It's done! Those of you who have the will to save this land, follow me! The rest of you... get out of my sight!
-- Uther and Jaina walk away --
>Uther the Lightbringer says: You've just crossed a terrible threshold, Arthas.

>Arthas says: Jaina?
>Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I'm sorry, Arthas. I can't watch you do this.
>>
>>389914247
Uther: Don't press me im full of chocolate
>>
>>389914030
>t. altmer dragonborn
Keep living in your fantasy.
>>
>>389913726
its only really annoying if you have played more than twice or make a new char every 20 levels
>>
>>389907417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>389914030
Being a Nord nerevarine leading to the death and destruction of a large part of Morrowind beats it by a long shot.
>>
>>389914607
God, infinite was such a bad game. It really makes me glad we haven't gotten another one.
It had okay combat sections but that story was so meh. I can't even play the dlc the game was so bad.
>>
>>389914247
holy fuck was arthas the only one with balls in the entire alliance?
>>
>>389907382
>Ulfric: "I fight for the men I've held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, who's names I heard whispered in their last breaths. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces.
>I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing. I fight... because I must.
This dialogue really made it seem like Ulfric just had PTSD and just didn't have the personal ability to hang up his sword and return to peacetime. Which, actually, might have been the point.
>>
>>389915284
During the second war, Daelin Proudmoore spotted the Horde fleet and ignored his standing orders to engage them Orcs had no maritime culture and no concept of sailing so he utterly decimated them and very nearly won the second war on his own But then the Horde's red dragons showed up and saved the day
>>
File: ........png (114KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
........png
114KB, 500x412px
Saizo: ...
Beruka: ...
Saizo: ...
Beruka: ...
>>
>>389915575
Probably. He was also pretty heart broken his dad died while he was a prisoner.
Honestly it makes a lot of sense that he doesn't wan't all his fighting to be for nothing.
>>
>>389915738
>>
>>389906734
WTF that writing isn't bad.
>>
>>389907382
I take it whoever wrote this was quickly removed from their writing duties at Bethesda since it's actually good.
>>
File: lambert3b.png (32KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
lambert3b.png
32KB, 210x240px
Most of the banter between Sam and the Third Echelon team are pretty good.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>You killed my friends for one thousand dollars!?
>How much do you charge to kill someone?
>>
>>389916019
>>
>>389910902
But that is it, the first high king was sympathetic to Ulfric's cause of an independent Skyrim.
>>
File: 1504841093412.png (1MB, 862x725px) Image search: [Google]
1504841093412.png
1MB, 862x725px
>>389906734
>Kill Ulfric
>strip his corpse
>throw body on table scattering food
>take his clothes to college of winterhold
>throw in fountain
>go back to solitude or wherever the fuck Ulirc hid out
body is still there on table buck nyekkid

and they were talking about mounting his head on the imperial city
>>
>>389916297
No, dude, that's a Half-Life quote.
>>
All of Metal Gear Rising
>>
>>389916304
no. thats just one persons opinion.
Opinions aren't facts. Every time someone brings this up they forget that its just an opinion.
Torygg might have joined ulfic. but we will never know. he might have thought ulfric wasn't going to kill him. who knows.
>>
File: Kiwi.jpg (50KB, 712x628px) Image search: [Google]
Kiwi.jpg
50KB, 712x628px
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.