[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get a dark fallout game again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: Boxart.jpg (54KB, 499x388px) Image search: [Google]
Boxart.jpg
54KB, 499x388px
Will we ever get a dark fallout game again?
>>
>>389902298
DUDE THE 1950's XD
>>
Not with Bethesda in charge.
>>
No, because devs nowadays are afraid of hurting some tumblrina's feelings.
>>
>>389902946
Have you played it?
The game has pretty realistic dialog. I cannot see how that would hurt anyones feelings.
>>
File: 5614198.jpg (200KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
5614198.jpg
200KB, 704x480px
>>389903253
>The game has pretty realistic dialog.
>I cannot see how that would hurt anyones feelings.
That's exactly the problem.
Millennials are afraid of reality, they hate anything that threatens to bust their comfort bubbles.
>>
File: 042.png (28KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
042.png
28KB, 236x236px
>>389902946
>play Skyrim yesterday
>meet thieves guild lady
>tells you she got raped for 2 weeks straight
>only dialogue choice is "hey what's your real name?"
>>
>>389903549
Stop cherry-picking, Fallout 1 and 2 were filled with dark humor, unlike Skyrim or any other Bethesda game.
>>
>>389903528
>wanting realism in your escapist fantasy

I will never understand this, why is 'realism' held as the pinnacle of writing?
>>
>>389904193
I agree with you on that except in regards to dialogue. Even if the setting is wildly surreal, I always like for the dialogue to be realistic or else how can you relate or understand characters motives and such?
>>
>>389904193
It isn't necessarily that people want it to be 1:1 realistic, but they want it to be internally consistent and believable as a potentially real world that the people in the game live in.
>>
>>389904824
this
>>
>>389904193
So much this. >>389904461
Realistic dialog is the pinnacle of writing.
It just becomes extremly predictible or impossible to understand what chars are thinking if the dialog is not realistic.
In RPGs nearly the only way chars are defined is by dialog and with a realistic one chars often have way more depth.
>>
>>389903549
That's just Bethesda being lazy (as always) and you know it.
>>
File: big guy.png (501KB, 803x414px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.png
501KB, 803x414px
So can someone explain where this "Frank Horrigan is dumb" meme came from? Nothing about him comes off as stupid. Sure he's definitely insane and obviously not as smart as his SPECIAL suggests, but again not stupid. I read his wiki page and it constantly goes on about how stupid he is, how he's only "imitating other members of the Enclave's speech patterns" or some shit and everyone blindly agrees with it.
>>
>>389907056
I think i comes from him being loyal to a fault.
>>
>>389907329
Lou was loyal to a fault and no one calls him dumb.
>>
>>389904193
escapist fantasies are for losers
>>
>>389907056
Reading entries on him from computers and other characters talking about him say that he's on the slow side, but he's loyal to a fault and after he got infected with FEV, his intelligence dipped but he still allowed them to do pretty much any kind of experimentation they wanted to on him since they kept saying how loyal and good of a patriot he was. Basically, he was already kind of dumb which was why he was in the military but after he turned into a super mutant all he had left in his brain was the patriotic propaganda aspects of his training and military experience.
>>
File: 1504424027130.png (74KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1504424027130.png
74KB, 211x244px
>>389902946
This has nothing to do with it you retard. Developers are watering down everything for a mainstream audience. It's why FO4 was just an open world action adventure game instead of the lore rich RPG we all loved.

Take your autism politics out of here, nobody gives a shit. You can't just reduce every problem in the industry w/ "muh cultural marxism"
>>
File: 220px-ToddHoward2010sm.jpg (15KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
220px-ToddHoward2010sm.jpg
15KB, 220x330px
>>389902298

>Will we ever get a dark fallout game again?

You mean a cleverly written Fallout that actually has meaning and lore to the gameworld around it? No, not with this man incharge. If you look at all of the bad ideas that went into Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4, this man was front and center?

>>389902769

>DUDE THE 1950's XD

Basically this. Bethesda's Fallout basically is just a frankenstein mess of various B movie's from the 1950's and early 60's clobbered together without any thought behind it. It really reminds me of Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull where George Lucas just shat 50's culture all over the fucking place including a fucking UFO flying saucer.

Why is there Super Mutants all the way in the East coast? BECAUSE!

Why is there some ancient deity like presence in a giant shaft mine based off and named off Lovecraft's Dunwich town? BECAUSE!

Why are the Gunners doing what they do? BECAUSE!

>Todd Howard: Hey, violence is funny lets all just own up to it! Violence done well is fucking hilarious. It's like Itchy and Scratchy or Jackass now that's funny!

This man is a fucking awful writer and director. Fuck Todd, fuck him to death.
>>
>>389902946
it has more to do w/ corporate greed and appealing to a casual audience who can't take on any real challenge or be bothered to face a real post-apoc survival setting.
>>
Yes
Play Wasteland 2 and Wasteland 3 when it comes out. It's been/being done by the same people that made Fallout 1-2.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T9SvLO27K7g
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtU2U4rLFA
Wasteland 2 is pretty much the Fallout 3 we all wanted. Fallout 3 is basically just a shitty STALKER.
>>
>>389907056
He speaks in southern slang despite the Enclave having extremely high education, he also speaks nothing but pure propaganda, meaning he barely thinks or has self will at all. His lines are all canned like Fear Clones.
>>
File: 20170418183205_1.jpg (521KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170418183205_1.jpg
521KB, 1920x1080px
>>389909892
Wasteland 2 was good, but the second half of the game falls flat once you leave for California to me. No, if the guy wants a modern Fallout-esque game he needs to get his hands on Underrail.
>>
>>389907735
This actually. And frankly I am more worried about the poltards because as we all know a lot of the people bitching about politics in gaming themselves never were gamers and so have a low impact on sales. But if devs start thinking they need to appease every fragil pol tier ego the whole fucking industry will make the most useless autistic snowflake shit ever. I've replayed a lot of old games and can see things that if it were just released theyd shriek hysterically about it. It's coming from them at least as much as SJWs and in the end while it may sorta be fucking gaming it is corporate greed that is killing gaming.

Think about it. All those useless DLCs, Half finished games rushed out this isn't even new Knights of the Old Republic 2 was a cobbled together rush job because of execs. The problem is vidya is unfortunately no longer a niche interest so you have all these guys running the show who may have formerly worked in Monsanto or selling dog food or car insurance companies and now they approach gaming the same way. It's fucking killing all our arts because of greedy corporate money grabbers and a few idiots who make things worse. Like just look at the difference between storytelling then and now. I don't think kids today are even smart enough for a standard fucking Doom level or System Shock map. The public at large is getting way dumber.
>>
>>389910930

>I am more worried about the poltards

So everyone who complains is automatically a browser of /pol/? How am I to know you're not a browser of reddit?

>we all know a lot of the people bitching about politics in gaming

Speak for yourself. I don't want politics in my games either but if you honestly think Western developers don't or haven't fused their political beliefs.
>>
>>389907735
>>389908036
>>389910930
>making a game 'darker' increases the game's development costs
Literally mentally disabled millennials.
>>
>>389914061
I believe they mean by not making it "darker" it's more appealing to the lowest common denominator and would sell better.
>>
>>389914521
How so?
Are you saying millennials don't like dark jokes?
>>
File: kid-in-a-fridge.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kid-in-a-fridge.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>389915364
I'm saying by making the writing as appealing to everyone as they possibly can they make it appeal to no one, like a hollywood movie. It comes out being shallow and dumb. Also because they don't care enough to have better writing in their games in the first place.
>>
>>389903253
You clearly don't know the modern day we live in here in america.

Corperatization and a shift towards a sales driven economy rather then a production based one in america has forced people to 'soften' their language to avoid offending fucking anyone in order to keep their jobs.

Thats why 'microaggressions' bullshit actually became a thing, and why no one speaks honestly anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o25I2fzFGoY
>>
File: 1503259440356.jpg (37KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1503259440356.jpg
37KB, 641x530px
>>389915698
>Ghouls can live 200 years, but still need to eat and drink, as seen from fallout 1, 2 , 3 and new vegas
>ghoul kid survives for 200 years without water or shitting in fallout 4

This is probably worse than the jet plot hole.
>>
>>389915768
And the reason they do this is right here >>389902946
Stop deluding yourself with "muh corporate leftards dindu nuffin, money is the real villain"
>>
>>389916102
>shitting
Do ghouls poo?
>>
>>389916102
>Ghouls can live 200 years, but still need to eat and drink, as seen from fallout 1, 2 , 3 and new vegas
As seen from Fallout fucking 4 if they live in your settlement
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.