[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think luck should have a role in videgames?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: dice6.webm (769KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dice6.webm
769KB, 1280x720px
do you think luck should have a role in videgames?
>>
Yup. And some games should exist without luck. People like different things.
>>
>>389892113
yes it makes things more exciting
>>
File: synder.png (204KB, 638x363px) Image search: [Google]
synder.png
204KB, 638x363px
>>389892113
>wanting RNG
>>
>>389892113
yes

gambling is fun
>>
File: dice2.webm (849KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
dice2.webm
849KB, 800x720px
what about in Multiplayer P vs P?
>>
>>389892909
only if it's implemented fairly and isn't unfair if you get very lucky
>>
>>389892909
straight up too stupid to roll a dice
>>
>>389892113
yes, it allows bad players to keep up with good players
>>
>>389893389
Bad players shouldn't be able to keep up with good players though. Fuck off with your "everyone wins lmao xd" bullshit.
>>
>>389892909
The trend is that a lot of multiplayer games having chance (MMOs, FPS..) is a door for really clean gameplay.
>>
Yeah, it's great in single player or something not very competitive. Sucks for competitive multiplayer
>>
>>389892113
I'm going to marry the Joost.
>>
It depends on the game, but as a general rule I'd say that a level of randomization that keeps the game from being completely predictable but doesn't get so random that virtual die rolls have a big chance of making the difference between success and failure is fine.

But again, it depends on the game- for example, a card game (be it something like Hearthstone or something more directly based on a RL card game like poker) is something where RNG being a big part of the game makes sense, since randomness is a big part of the games they're trying to emulate. Conversely, I'd say that most serious competitive/esport games that *aren't* like Hearthstone should minimize random factors like crit, dodge, attack damage variances, and so on because every game decided by something like that delegitimizes the game as a serious competitive thing.
>>
Playing around and adapting to RNG is a skill, and a perfectly fair one to test in games, including competitive games. It's not really a thing of absolutes - it's an aspect of the game that has to be balanced alongside everything else. You have to look at the big picture and determine how impactful RNG is on the end result and whether or not it impairs the players' enjoyment of the game.

There's a reason random variables stopped being present in Street Fighter after II just as there's a reason Faust of Guilty Gear fame still throws out random items. One simply worked against consistency, the other is a means for players to showcase their knowledge and mastery of the game on both sides.
>>
>Joosten is being wasted in Japan being bukkake'd by tiny Japanese dicks when she could be getting spitroasted by BBCs
>>
>>389892909
Literally autism in physical form.
>>
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlN9WOvrUU
>>
yes, to keep it interesting, but not too much

balance in all things
>>
RNG fucks me off to no end, but then if you consider board games that came before video games they were really based on RNG with the whole dice rolling and shit. So I dunno, it makes sense that video games have RNG, but it's still annoying.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.