[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sensible BotW Disappointment Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: botw facts.png (49KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
botw facts.png
49KB, 500x800px
Let's have a civil and sensible thread about why BotW was pretty cool but ultimately disappointing.
>>
>>389891859
Disappointment? You mean because there are no more dungeons? It's a boon
>>
Yeah I sure do miss block puzzles. Those were the best parts of Zelda games.
>>
>>389891859
you're not doing a good job if you want that OP
>>
You don't want stupid shit? What are you, gay?
>>
>>389891859
All the side quests are pretty fun. Yes, even the fetch quests
>>
>>389891859

The shrines are the worst idea ever. They are the opposite of immersion. They are self contained little areas with no connection to the actual world.
>>
>>389891859
BotW?
>>
File: 1504134655589.jpg (12KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
1504134655589.jpg
12KB, 470x313px
>>389894078
After coming fresh from finishing TW3, I really can't be arsed to tackle all these MMO-tier fetch quests in BOTW.

They could have reduce the no. of these fetch quests by half and spend time + resources on 1 more good ol' Zelda dungeon.
>>
>>389891859
Wind Waker already showed that Nintendo doesn't know how to craft a good 3D open world. BotW just took Wind Waker and made it bigger.
>>
BOTW takes place in oregon?
>>
File: 1350512322226.jpg (20KB, 213x211px) Image search: [Google]
1350512322226.jpg
20KB, 213x211px
>Let's have a civil and sensible thread where everyone agrees with my opinion
>>
>>389894078
Only good sidequest in BotW is Tarrey Town and even that has wood grinding and a shitty final reward. It was the only one with any personality/charm to it, and it was actually semi-comprehensive. All the other sidequests are just talk to this NPC and either give them some random items or perform some mudane task. If the writing was at least up to snuff I could forgive the gameplay aspect but it's all so forgettable. The shrine quests are ever so slightly better but they all end the same way, with a shrine, usually a blessing shrine.
>>
>>389891859
I really feel like they probably could've made the world half the size and still fit all of the actual content (number of shrines, villages etc) into it. EAD fucked up, they fell into the trap that all the other AAA developers are guilty of - too much time dick-waggling about how big/interactive their open world is and not enough time making more fun things to do.

It's still a step in the right direction though, as games like Skyward Sword were boring as fuck. I think for their next Zelda project they should try making it a mix between a BOTW style open world (albeit not as needlessly big and empty) and the ALBW style non-linearity system (there's still actual full-sized dungeons to do to advance the game - they just don't have to be done in order like in old Zelda)
>>
>>389891859

Nobody agrees with me, but I hate the climbing mechanic, it is not fun at all.
>>
>>389893424
This

>Go into a dungeon and solve a block puzzle to unlock the next room eventually leading to getting an item that lets you interact more with every room and defeat the boss
vs
>Go into a shrine, walk up some stairs and open the chest

Literally move over oldfags, nu-Zelda is here to stay.
>>
im hoping the next one has a more traditional zelda story with the gameolay of botw tjat would be a true 10/10 basicalky make a 2d zelda style game but in 3d
>>
"Disappointing" was the 19 years during which every Zelda was a shameless clone of Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past which produced, at their very best, wearisome retreads like Majora's Mask and at their worst produced complete shovelware like Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Link to the Past 2, and Skyward Sword.
>>
>>389896306
>The series getting bland because the devs got lazy and reuse fucking everything means that the entire series needs to be uprooted and focus needs to be shifted
>Rather than just having the devs not be fucking lazy
I really enjoyed BOTW but this argument is frustratingly prevalent.
>>
>>389891859
WHO'S THAT POKEMON
>>
>>389896306
You sound like you don't like Zelda games.
>>
>>389897219
the 3d zeldas are not zelda games they are poor attempts at copying the feel of the 2d ones
>>
File: 1504991002948.png (63KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1504991002948.png
63KB, 500x283px
>>389897472
>it's not a zelda game unless I say so
>>
>>389897219
You could just as easily accuse someone of not liking Mario games because they think New Super Mario Bros. #4 is shit or that New Super Mario World controls like shit compared to 64.
I like the good zelda games, which would be the first four of them which were all meaningfully different from each other.
You can't hardly blame someone for not liking the fifth Ocarina of Time rehash.
>>
>>389896306
>Fuck, this content is really samey. I wish we had something more exciting.
>Whoa! A game with no content at all! That really hits the spot!
>>
>>389897472
>copying the feel
but if they wanted to do that they would have just used the same format
>>
>>389897472
You know that 2D zeldas have no real pedigree right? The first zelda doesn't have the same 'feel' as the second or third. Define the zelda feel and how the 3D zeldas don't capture it anon.
>>
File: 1502745919311.gif (412KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1502745919311.gif
412KB, 500x269px
>>389897472
Throw in a couple unskippable cutscenes and put it in 3D, then all the sudden assholes start thinking the basic formula has changed. I see people say the same stupid shit when comparing Metroid Prime to the 2D games.
>>
>>389897631
>every Zelda game for two decades "was a shameless clone of Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past"
>this six-year take on mario games wasn't all that great
Nice false dichotomy, fuckboy.
>I like the good zelda games, which would be the first four of them which were all meaningfully different from each other.
Please take your shit taste and fuck off back to wherever you came from.
>>
>>389897631
>Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link's Awakening
>Good
Oh fuck off. White piece of shit.
>>
File: large.jpg (216KB, 930x813px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
216KB, 930x813px
>>389895539
>tfw you were 7~year and there was no internet
>tfw you have to watch asshat youtubers fail doing the tutorial nowadays
>>
>>389898010
metroid prime is a totally different game to super metroid
>>
>>389891859
BotW, Smash Bros 4 and Pikmin 3 are the 3 biggest disappointments I have bought in recent years. I don't know why I fall for Nintendo's viral marketing every few years.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.