[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

night in the woods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

So what is your opinion on night in the woods, /v/? I'm thinking about getting it.
>>
good music, story starts good and ends awful, really slow, characters are likeable but is up to debate, barely any gameplay available. Worth a pirate, not to buy it
>>
I loved it, but your mileage may vary. The end of the game feels pretty rushed.
Think of it more like an interactive VN than a game.
>>
>>389887217
goty so far, abd as much as it hurts me to say it; with botw coming in second.
>>
do you want a furry vn thats pretty full of itself

if so yeah
>>
>>389887217
Pirate. If it stayed as a loser drop out cat coming home and having to grow up it could had been one of my favorite games. Instead it turns into stupid cults and shit. The minigames are fun and that one on the computer is so fun I would had bought that game for sure.
>>
>>389887482
>The end of the game feels pretty rushed.
im not sure if rushed or changed at last minute because everything was leading to something else and the ending felt like they intentionally changed it
>>
>>389887217
fucking liberal propaganda fagshit back to Tumblr
>>
>>389887217
don't
>>
Good game, good characters, good minigames, but it doesn't amount to anything.

But it's pretty cheap, right?
>>
Avoid it at all costs. It is perhaps one of the worst "games" I have ever seen.
>>
To all the fags complaining about the ending, you're literally dumb that it went over your heads.

The whole point is that Mae took responsibilty for her actions, and said no the cultists "it's an old deep evil and everything bad that happenes isn't our fault". It's all the mist basic metaphor you can make and you idiots were too dumb to figure it out.
>>
>>389888595
>To all the fags complaining about the ending, you're literally dumb that it went over your heads.
I'm not complaining about the ending, I'm complaining about how the game's pacing went from 1 to 11 in the last hour or two of play.
>>
>>389887217

Watched SBF's lets play of it. They did a pretty good job doing unique voices for the characters and stuff. Fun watch.

Its a pretty interesting game. But I dont see the point in playing it myself now since its more of a story telling game.

It covers some controversial topics like abuse, depression and other mental illness. In a way that I can apreciate. It makes some of the characters relatable and memorable.
>>
>>389887217
gameplay sucks so much and the story ends up being a waste of fucking time and turning out nothing really matters. Better off playing gone home.
Also UGH.
Anyone that relates to the main character must be an awful person and should off them selves
>>
>>389889019
If it was a slow burning gradual ending you would complain that the ending was uneventful. admit it.
>>
>>389889290
>If it was a slow burning gradual ending you would complain that the ending was uneventful. admit it.
There's a lot of space between what it is and a "slow burning gradual ending."
Fuck off
>>
>>389889290

Not him. But I think it might be because youre waiting for the supernatural spoopies to happen, and when you finally get to the weird shit. The game ends?
>>
>>389887217
Psuedo intellectual bullshit filled with totally unrealistic "quirky" dialogue. The way it's written makes Life Is Strange seem like a compelling narrative in comparison.
If the characters don't gel with you, you're gonna be in for a long, boring slog, walking back and forth around the same area the entire time with little to no variation.
Story is overall pretty weak.
>>
>>389889667
Yes but the game was not about supernatural cultists, it was about a character facing a specific turubulance in his life.

Lets be clear, I'm nit crazy about the ending, but it certanly doesn't ruin the whole game or something along those lines.
>>
>>389889925
>Psuedo intellectual
kek. You obviously have no clue what that term reallu means.
>>
>>389890196
The ending was better than Firewatch's.
>>
>>389890369
ok
>>
File: 1503788375469.jpg (35KB, 165x306px) Image search: [Google]
1503788375469.jpg
35KB, 165x306px
>>389887217
I originally saw the game trailer 3 years ago, and bought the game for PS4, and it's a good experience to look over at. Though I really unironiclly want to give Me a good dicking because she just in that "phase" of her life where she really needs it. Everyone else is ok, I kinda didn't like the the elk Tranney, but it was just a small little thing that didn't affect me from liking the game. Other then that good music, and decent art even if the Devs are a little out there but I could care less
>>
I think if the game was aiming for the sorta edgy teen audience, it definately hit the mark, there's a lot of shit I would have enjoyed if I were younger and going through that phase.

The whole "REEEEE FACSISTSSSS!!!!" stuff they throw in there really grates though.
>>
>>389890502
I agree, although I liked firewatch's ending also. But in theme they are very similar, firewatch being about the fact that you can't run from real life issues by making up adventures in our minds, even though we all do this to an extent, especially with the vidya medium.
>>
>>389890896

This game made me feel old. I just cant relate to teenagers anymore. Maybe that the same reason why I cant seemto enjoy JRPG's anymore. Since most of them boil down to a bunch of teenagers fighting god or satan.
>>
>>389891240
Same, honestly.

I mean, I'm the early half the 20s, but, man, I just cannot relate to these people.
>>
>>389887217

Comfy, repetitive

Make sure you exhaust dialogue
>>
>>389887217
Some of the Dialogue from Mea is just something a dropout girl like herself would do.
>That part where she talks about the date with a guy she had with, and her throwing up on the guy, and etc
Bea how ever is fine for the dick
>>
>>389891240
Mae is 23 or 21 in the game, cant remember. Still, hardly a teenaager doode
>>
File: 1484977157499.jpg (173KB, 908x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1484977157499.jpg
173KB, 908x1448px
>ctrl+f
>tacos
>matrix
>0 results
what is this shit
>>
File: faggot fox.gif (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
faggot fox.gif
119KB, 500x500px
I want to smash his faggot skull with a bat. How can someone write a character that obnoxious.
>>
File: 1479797204407.png (57KB, 584x626px) Image search: [Google]
1479797204407.png
57KB, 584x626px
>>389892518
>you will never be mae's gf
it hurts
>>
>>389892614
DUDE, COMMUNISM LMAO!!!
>>
>>389892614
You don't have to hang out with if you don't want to.
>>
Was excited about it when the trailer first showed up on Kickstarter, but the finished product left a lot to be desired. Not nearly enough gameplay to warrant a purchase--no puzzles, lousy minigames, and all in all a weak conclusion to everything.
Really peeved me off, too--I was looking forward to it for years.
>>
>>389892268

Be that as it may. I still found her and her friends incredibly immature. Except the fedora bear, maybe.
>>
File: crocodiles peeling skin.jpg (226KB, 900x1196px) Image search: [Google]
crocodiles peeling skin.jpg
226KB, 900x1196px
>>389887217
Looks stupid story fun for a while. Atmosphere seems okay. Apparently doesn't have much of a gameplay?

Why does this game have a constant general thread on /trash/?
>>
>>389887217
It's honestly not good, not even for what it sets out to do. It's pretty boring and shallow and the character interactions are pretty bland for the most part. You're better off just playing life is strange
>>
File: 14COhR2.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
14COhR2.png
24KB, 512x512px
>>389893628
>Bea that as it Mae
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>389891240
i could never relate to any teenager, in fiction or in real life.
>>
>>389887217
im depressed enough as it is
>>
>fandom is shit, therefore the game is shit
>>
>>389893672

While it is mostly a walking and talking simulator, the game does offer a variety of minigame sequences. And it plays like a 2D platformer with a fair amount of vertical exploration that can lead to hidden stuff. Mostly more talking though.
>>
>>389893823

The thought of adding those puns did actually cross my mind.
>>
>>389894059

This game actually made me feel a little bit better. Mostly because some of the characters hit the nail on the head in describing their feelings. Its comforting to know youre not the only one.

Not talking about Mae though. Shes fucked up.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.