[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half Life 3's Script

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: hl3.jpg (25KB, 350x332px) Image search: [Google]
hl3.jpg
25KB, 350x332px
Dearest Player,

I hope this letter finds you well. I can hear your complaint already, “Gordon Freeman, we have not heard from you in ages!” Well, if you care to hear excuses, I have plenty, the greatest of them being I’ve been in other dimensions and therefore, unable to reach you by the usual means. This was the case until eighteen months ago, when I experienced a critical change in my circumstances, and was redeposited on these shores. In the time since, I have been able to think occasionally about how best to describe the intervening years, my years of silence. I do first apologize for the wait, and that done, hasten to finally explain (albeit briefly, quickly, and in very little detail) events following those described in my previous letter (referred to herewith as Episode 3).

To begin with, as you may recall from the closing paragraphs of the previous chapter, Episode 2, the death of Eli Vance shook us all. The Research & Rebellion team was traumatized, unable to be sure how much of our plan might be compromised, and whether it made any sense to go on at all as we had intended. And yet, once Eli had been buried, we found the strength and courage to regroup. It was the strong belief of his brave daughter, Alyx Vance, that we should continue on as her father had wished. We had the Antarctic coordinates, transmitted by Eli’s long-time assistant, Dr. Judith Mossman, which we believed to mark the location of the lost ship of the Borealis. Eli had felt strongly that the Borealis should be destroyed rather than allow it to fall into the hands of the Combine. Many of the other Rebels had disagreed, believing that the Borealis might hold the secret to the revolution’s success. Either way, the arguments were moot until we found the vessel. Therefore, immediately after the funeral for Dr. Vance, Alyx and I boarded a helicopter and set off for the Antarctic; a much larger support team, mainly militia, was to follow by separate transport.
>>
>>389884648
this is OLD news
>>
You're a few weeks late and this was episode 3's script.
>>
>>389884648
kotaku thread?
>>
>>389884648
F
Fuck you, Valve
>>
It is still unclear to me exactly what brought down our chopper. The following hours spent travelling the frigid waste in a blizzard are also a jumbled blur, ill-remembered and poorly defined. The next thing I clearly recall is our final approach to the coordinates Judith provided us with, and where we expected to find the Borealis. What we found instead was a complex fortified installation, showing all the hallmarks of sinister Combine technology. It surrounded a large open field of ice. Of the vessel itself, there was no sign. Or not at first. But as we stealthily infiltrated the Combine installation, we noticed a recurent, strangely coherent auroral effect–as of a vast hologram fading in and out of view. This bizarre phenomenon initially seemed an effect caused by an immense Combine lensing system, Alyx and I soon realized that what we were actually seeing was the Borealis itself, phasing in and out of existence at the focus of the Combine devices. They had erected their compound to study and seize the ship whenever it materialized. What Mossman had provided were not coordinates for where the sub was located, but instead for where it was predicted to arrive. The ship was oscillating in and out of our reality, its pulses were gradually steadying, but there was no guarantee it would settle into place for long–or at all. We determined that we must put ourselves into position to board it at the instant it became completely physical.
>>
At this point we were briefly detained. Not captured by any Combine soldiers, as we feared at first, but by minions of their former leader, Wallace Breen. Dr. Breen was not as we had last seen him, which is to say, he was not dead. At some point, the Advisors had saved out an earlier version of his consciousness, and upon his physical demise, they had imprinted the back-up personality into a biological blank resembling a new Advisor. Dr. Breen, despite occupying a position of relative power in the Combine hierarchy, seemed nervous and frightened of me in particular. Wallace did not know how his previous incarnation, the original Dr. Breen, had died. He knew only that I was responsible. Therefore the Advisor treated us with great caution. Still, he soon confessed (never able to keep quiet for long) that he was herself a prisoner of the Combine. He took no pleasure from her current grotesque existence, and pleaded with us to end his life, then and there. Alyx believed that a quick death was more than Wallace deserved, but for my part, I felt a modicum of pity and compassion. Out of Alyx’s sight, I might have done something to hasten the Advisor’s demise before we proceeded.

Not far from where we had been detained by Dr. Breen, we found Judith being held in a Combine interrogation cell. Things were tense between her and Alyx, as might be imagined. Alyx blamed Judith for her father’s death. News of which, she was devastated to hear for the first time. Mossman tried to convince Alyx that she had been a double agent serving the resistance all along, doing only what Eli had asked of her, even though he knew it meant she risked being seen by her peers–by all of us–as a traitor. I was convinced; Alyx less so. But from a pragmatic point of view, we depended on Mossman; for along with the Borealis coordinates, she possessed resonance keys which would be necessary to bring the ship fully into our sight.
>>
>>389884648
>Imagine being this much of a slowpoke
>>
We skirmished with Combine soldiers protecting a research post, then Judith attuned the Borealis to precisely the frequencies needed to bring it into (brief) coherence. In the short time available to us, we scrambled aboard the ship, with an unknown number of Combine soldiers close behind. The ship cohered for only a short time, and then its oscillations resume. It was too late for our own military support, which arrived and joined the Combine forces in battle just as we rebounded between universes, once again unmoored.

What happened next is even harder to explain. Alyx, Judith, and myself sought control of the ship. Its power source, its control room, and its navigation center. The Borealis’s history proved nonlinear. Years before, during the Combine invasion, various members of an earlier science team, working in the hull of a dry-docked liner situated at the Tocsin Island Research Base in Lake Huron, had assembled what they called the Bootstrap Device. If it worked as intended, it would emit a field large enough to surround the ship. This field would then itself travel instantaneously to any chosen destination without having to cover the intervening space. There was no need for entry or exit portals, or any other devices; it was entirely self-contained. Unfortunately, the device had never been tested. As the Combine pushed Earth into the Nine Hour Armageddon, they had seized control of our most important research facilities. The staff of the Borealis, with no other wish than to keep the ship out of Combine hands, acted in desperation. They switched on the field and flung the Borealis toward the most distant destination they could target: Antarctica. What they did not realize was that the Bootstrap Device travelled in time as well as space, just like Dr. Kleiner's teleporter.
>>
The Borealis, and the moment of its activation, were stretched across space and time, between the nearly forgotten Lake Huron of the Seven Hour War and the present day Antarctic; it was pulled taut as an elastic band, vibrating, except where at certain points along its length one could find still points, like the harmonic spots along a vibrating guitar string. One of these harmonics was where we boarded, but the string ran forward and back, in both time and space, and we were soon pulled in every direction ourselves.

Time grew confused. Looking from the bridge, we could see the drydocks of Tocsin Island at the moment of teleportation, just as the Combine soldiers closed in from land, sea and air. At the same time, we could see the Antarctic wastelands, where our friends were fighting to make their way to the protean Borealis; and in addition, glimpses of other worlds, somewhere in the future perhaps, or even in the past. Alyx grew convinced we were seeing one of the Combine’s central staging areas for invading other worlds–such as our own. We meanwhile fought a running battle throughout the ship, pursued by Combine forces. We struggled to understand our stiuation, and to agree on our course of action. Could we alter the course of the Borealis? Should we run it aground in the Antarctic, giving our peers the chance to study it? Should we destroy it with all hands aboard, our own included? It was impossible to hold a coherent thought, given the baffling and paradoxical timeloops, which passed through the ship like bubbles. I felt I was going mad, that we all were, confronting myriad versions of ourselves, in that ship that was half ghost-ship, and half nightmare funhouse.
>>
What it came down to, at last, was a choice. Mossman argued, reasonably, that we should save the Borealis and deliver it to the resistance, that our intelligent peers might study and harness its power. But Alyx reminded me that she had sworn to honor her father’s demand to destroy the ship. She hatched a plan to set the Borealis to self-destruct, while riding it into the heart of the Combine’s invasion nexus. Judith and Alyx argued. Judith overpowered Alyx and brought the Borealis area, preparing to shut off the Bootstrap Device and settle the ship on the ice. Then I heard a shot, and Judith went silent. Alex had decided for all of us, or her pistol had. With Mossman dead, we were committed to the suicide plunge. Grimly, Alyx and I armed the Borealis, creating a time-travelling missile, and steered it for the heart of the Universal Union’s command center.

At this point, as you will no doubt be unsurprised to hear, a Certain Sinister Figure appeared, in the form of that sneering trickster, the Gman. For once he appeared not to me, but to Alyx. Alyx had not seen the cryptical schoolmarm since childhood, but she recognized him instantly. “Come along with me now, we’ve places to be and things to do,” said the Gman, and Alex acquiesced. He followed the strange man out of the Borealis, out of our reality. For me, there was no convenient door held open; only a snicker and a sideways glance. I was left alone, riding the Borealis into the heart of a Combine world. An immense light blazed. I caught a cosmic view of a brilliantly glittering Dyson sphere. The vastness of the Combine’s power, the futility of our struggle, blossomed briefly in my awareness. I saw everything. Mainly I saw how the Borealis, our most powerful weapon, would register as less than a fizzling matchhead as it blew itself apart. And what remained of me would be even less than that.
>>
Just then, as you have surely already foreseen, the Vortigaunts parted their own checkered curtains of reality, reached in as they have on prior occasions, plucked me out, and set me aside. I barely got to see the fireworks begin.

And here we are. I spoke of my return to this shore. It has been a circuitous path to lands I once knew, and surprising to see how much the terrain has changed. Enough time has passed that few remember me, or what I was saying when last I spoke, or what precisely we hoped to accomplish. At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me. Old friends have been silenced, or fallen by the wayside. I no longer know or recognize most members of the research team, though I believe the spirit of rebellion still persists. I expect you know better than I the appropriate course of action, and I leave you to it. Expect no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final episode.

Yours in infinite finality,

Gordon Freeman, Ph.D.
>>
Original: http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/
>>
Man, fuck Valve
>>
File: slowpoke3.jpg (10KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke3.jpg
10KB, 280x210px
>>
File: Halflife_Movie.jpg (226KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Halflife_Movie.jpg
226KB, 900x1200px
I wonder how the movie will end
>>
>>389886813
calling it know bryan cranston will play gordon
>>
>>389886813
Like the Sopranos.
>>
File: Riggs_lethal_weapon.jpg (16KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
Riggs_lethal_weapon.jpg
16KB, 300x210px
>>389886813
>putting jew jew abrams in charge of Half-Life
>even making a portal movie in the first place
so mad right now
>>
why would they make a portal movie?
I see that being shitty
>>
>>389887601
>young black oppressed male
>wakes up in white supremacist future prison
>to be experimented on so that whites can re-learn bravery and big dickedness
>first test is to clone the presumed last remaining apeman
>picks up portal gun and steps in to cloning portal
>ends up just being a normal portal
>uses it to escape and destroy the white supremacist robots
>thekfcisalie.jpg
>makes out with rei
>>
nice script... XD
>>
File: 1504186087792.png (73KB, 182x263px) Image search: [Google]
1504186087792.png
73KB, 182x263px
>don't release anything for 10 years
>people mad
>worry about the hype
>stall shit for so long all creative people leave your company
>one of them leaks the plot
>it's good enough to satisfy everyone
>people even more mad

You had one job, you fat fuck.
>>
ARTIFACT
>>
https://twitter.com/ValveTime/status/905605724155326464
>>
>>389890505
fake and gay like fat mans tiddies
>>
check out this leddit sub, they're developing Project Borealist by themselves, seems pretty organized

/r/dreamsofhalflife3/
>>
>>389884648
there was a week long sticky for this you dummy
>>
I liked shadgrimgrvy's HL2 maps. They're fun.
>>
>>389893132
>plebbit getting anything done
I hope this crashes and burns
>>
File: 1504567379111.png (27KB, 591x422px) Image search: [Google]
1504567379111.png
27KB, 591x422px
>>389884648
Opposing force 2 when?
>>
>>389895215
You're trying too hard to fit in here, redditor
>>
1. That's not a script.
2. It's for Episode 3 not Half-Life 3.
>>
File: star-faggotry.jpg (95KB, 616x587px) Image search: [Google]
star-faggotry.jpg
95KB, 616x587px
>>389886813
>putting jew jew abrahamstein in charge
>>
>>389886813
>Half life movie
>main character is a previously unmet woman scientist that saves Gordon multiple times throughout the movie
>>
>>389884648
>Half Life 3's Script
Please don't try to discuss the Half-Life series when you clearly have zero knowledge of it. This is not related to "Half-Life 3" in any way, shape, or form. It is a synopsis of "Half-Life 2: Episode 3", a completely different game.
>>
>>389898230
>galaxy-wide war
>life and death scenarios
>everything is at stake
>let's make sure everyone knows these characters sexual orientation
????????????????
>>
slowpoke
>>
Why do people pretend to care about HL story?

1. You're a scientist
2. Reality gets warped
3. Aliens invade
4. There are also aliens who are green and who make the first game turn to shit
5. There is an oppressive government / city
6. You drive
7. Ants
8. Turrets and prison
9. Before that: zombies and vodka
10. Giant crabs
11. Victory; you get to use the fun weapons for a brief moment making the finale a cakewalk
12. Nigger dies
13. Ship in Alaska is the next setting

Oh and sometimes G-man from X files matrix shows up

Who gives a shit?
>>
>>389898987
muh immersion or they want to feel smart playing as a scientist
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.