[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your top underrated gems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 22

File: 003.png (32KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
32KB, 256x192px
What are some games that don't get enough cred? I don't care what anyone says, this game is a masterpiece aside from the having to use the stylus and all. Literally the only thing bad about it the final boss was too easy. This is Phantom Hourglass btw in case you can't tell.

Spirit Tracks is its on-rails sequel with greater polish in the graphics and music, but worse design in everything else.
>>
>>389884050
PH & ST are horseshit
>>
File: Salvatore.png (127KB, 224x326px) Image search: [Google]
Salvatore.png
127KB, 224x326px
>>389884450
There's no horses in PH or ST lowly peon.
>>
File: MMZ4_box.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
MMZ4_box.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
People always say this game is shit, or at the very least, the worst of the series. I absolutely love this game just because it feels like they crammed in every single idea they had they hadn't implemented yet. I especially love the zero knuckle and the general atmosphere of the game. While not every idea worked, at least it was extremely original instead of just some rehash like a lot of series do. It took risks and I appreciate it for that.
>>
>>389884876
Thanks for the recommend. Gonna buy this and the other Mega Mans when I find a working GBA SP.
>>
>>389885089
I recommend getting the Mega Man Zero Collection on DS if you have a DS or 3DS. It's like $20 and has all 4 Zero games, all the e-reader content for Zero 3, an easy mode that links all the games together, and a bunch of other content.
>>
>>389885398
Cool thanks. I had no idea it existed.
>>
>>389884050
>having to redo the same dungeon like five times
>that fucking bullshit shooting gallery minigame
>grind to get all ship parts
Nah.
>>
File: Colored_Eggs.png (221KB, 594x490px) Image search: [Google]
Colored_Eggs.png
221KB, 594x490px
People like the game, but I think Yoshi's Island on the SNES is one of the best platformers. The level design has a great sense of exploration and they crammed so many ideas into each level.

Yoshi's Island is definitly one of my favorite games ever, but it's weird, I haven't tried any of the other yoshi platformers, except the N64 game, which seemed lame (like most N64 games) and the DS game with the other babies, which I tried for a second and also seemed just mediocre.

Were there any good sequels to the game??
>>
File: medabots.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
medabots.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
this game was fucking sick
>>
These seem to be often forgotten about.
>>
File: ddo.jpg (57KB, 580x353px) Image search: [Google]
ddo.jpg
57KB, 580x353px
this game killed WoW for me. I miss it so much
>>
>>389885589
Re-exploring the OK temple is like a Metroidvania. And you only have to do it three times if you're good. The Molida Shooting Gallery? That was the best part of the game. The boat upgrading is optional.

Babbies these days just want to press a button to win.
>>
>>389886541
>is like a Metroidvania
Not a good one. It's annoying as fuck because unlike in the good Metroid games, I can't just screw attack my way from one end of the map to the other thereby ignoring every enemy and obstacle I already overcame the last time I was in the area.
>you only have to do it three times
Two times too many.
>The Molida Shooting Gallery? That was the best part of the game.
That's not saying much.
>The boat upgrading is optional.
Not if you wanna 100% the game.
>Babbies these days just want to press a button to win.
Yeah because Zelda is real hardcore.
>>
File: ShrikeKnuckle.jpg (102KB, 483x640px) Image search: [Google]
ShrikeKnuckle.jpg
102KB, 483x640px
I LOVE Custom Robo on the Gamecube
I think it's a master piece, and I bleed for a new game every day
>>
>>389884843
There's no fun either
>>
File: naryu.png (263KB, 353x599px) Image search: [Google]
naryu.png
263KB, 353x599px
>>389886078
tfw I've fully played both paths
Seasons->Time->Seasons+->Time+
Time->Seasons->Time+->Seasons+

they really were one of the big highlights of my childhood vidya

Nayru did things to by dick like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>389884050
>on-rails sequel
>>
>>389884450
They're good games for what they are.
>>
>>389884050

Having to play a section of dungeon over and over the entire game is just awful design. I enjoyed both ST and PH but I'd say neither is worth a replay.
>>
PH is fucking dildos. Fuck the temple of the ocean king.
>>
>>389884050
Bravely Default is far from underrated, but I feel it's concert is underrated https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIpuaWVAec
>>
File: failforce.jpg (32KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
failforce.jpg
32KB, 240x240px
>>389890110
idk why people hated the temple so much. I thought it was brilliantly designed. You did complete it with 0 seconds used, right?
>>
File: 1456872504467.jpg (273KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1456872504467.jpg
273KB, 560x560px
>>389885791
my nigga
my fucking nigga
>>
File: IMG_0400.jpg (41KB, 250x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0400.jpg
41KB, 250x299px
This entire series, but I prefer the second one because of the campaign style and soundtrack.
>>
God tier game
Sold like shit because Toei never printed enough copies
>>
>>389891052
*Koei
>>
File: 231125.jpg (107KB, 695x509px) Image search: [Google]
231125.jpg
107KB, 695x509px
Predator: Concrete Jungle and AvP Extinction

They're such great "simulators" of both Predators and xenos, but people only seem to care about the FPS games. I guess it doesn't help that they're both stuck on PS2/Xbox with no PC release keeping them topical
>>
heh
>>
File: Prototype-2-Proper-PC.jpg (208KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Prototype-2-Proper-PC.jpg
208KB, 1920x1200px
Prototype has one of the most fun movement systems in gaming. You feel fast and powerful as fuck just by how fast and fluid you can move. It's a shame that this game lost the console exclusive war to Infamous.

btw is Prototype 2 worth? Better than 1?
>>
I have a few in mind:

Both DJ Hero games. 10/10 soundtracks and the peripheral was actually fun. Fuck Activision for killing the Hero series from overexposure when it seemed like DJ Hero could become the driving force of the next wave of the rhythm game craze.

Afterburner Climax. Best arcade-style game I've ever played, with the 3DS port of Afterburner II not far behind. I pity those who didn't buy it before it got pulled from digital stores, and yet I yearn to play the cabinet one day.

Transformers Devastation. I think it's one of Platinum's better games, overall. It has a strong visual style that is a really neat pastel/cel-shaded interpretation of the G1 cartoon, the campaign succeeds in feeling like a 3-4 hour episode of the original series, the gameplay is like Bayonetta that is simplified on a basic level but layered with tons of variables and mechanics that make it both easy to parse and still somewhat difficult. The weapon system and the 5 different characters give it a lot of replay value despite being short.

>>389884876
>>389885398
I first tried the Zero series with Collection and loved them. I'm not that good at them, possibly because I didn't realize the mode that flowed all 4 games together gave you all the upgrades and weapons from the start and when I tried playing them separate I realized I was spoiled and couldn't adjust, but they're still great. I don't even know if I could parse which ones were better than the others because of how I experienced them.
>>
>>389884050
Hand of Fate.
Comfy af.
Hand of Fate 2 coming 2017
>>
>>389892285
I haven't played Prototype 2 but I've heard it's mildly worse with a dumb story.

The Prototype team made Hulk: Ultimate Destruction though, and that's basically a similar superhero sandbox; you basically run and jump around and break shit because you're the fucking Hulk.
>>
>>389884050
phantom hourglass and Spirit Tracks are my favorite games in the original DS
>>
File: Hotel_Dusk_Room_215_(NA).jpg (534KB, 1000x899px) Image search: [Google]
Hotel_Dusk_Room_215_(NA).jpg
534KB, 1000x899px
the real hidden gem
>>
File: 61JD7MRB8ZL.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61JD7MRB8ZL.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>
File: crest.png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
crest.png
4KB, 160x144px
>>389885791
I like the original better. It had more Medarots and it was less similar to the anime.
>>
File: 1441410848437.png (2MB, 1158x1307px) Image search: [Google]
1441410848437.png
2MB, 1158x1307px
>>389884876
It's the worst in the series in the sense that the overarching plot from the first 3 games is over and all the interesting actors gone, except Weil and Zero. Also the MUH NATURE theme was shoved down my throat way too hard.

Other than that it's still a fantastic game like the other 3, and in some ways more polished than its preceeding titles (at last a Cyber Elf system that wasn't shit)

Also the final boss theme will forever make my dick hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th0EcC-5CA4
>>
>>389884050
I liked Spirit Tracks, it was a cute game
>>
>>389885694
But Yoshi's Island is pretty much universally praised and hailed as one of the best platformers ever.
>>
>>389894369
Honestly the ending to Zero 3 was one of the worst endings to any game I have ever seen. It is loaded with ruined potential. I hate that they explain that zero isn't in his original body, but when they show the original body, it's just a slightly different shade of red instead of looking like the one from Mega Man X. Also I hate they kill off all of the cool characters as if it's the end of the story, but they end things on a cliffhanger, hurting 4 in the process.
>>
>>389894534
I don't think of ST at all. It and SS don't deserve to be called a Zelda game.
>>
>>389892486
That Transformer game sounds fun.
>>
>>389896372
It's very much a fun game. If you like other Platinum games like Bayonetta, Revengeance, or Wonderful 101 it's in a similar vein (closest to Bayo). There's 5 characters (Optimus, Sideswipe, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, and Grimlock) that all have different stats and abilities.

There's a bunch of weapon types, rarities, and other randomized elements like number of slots that you can fill with passive buffs by feeding other weapons to them and leveling them up for better damage. Certain weapons can only be held by certain characters (except Optimus; he's basically slightly-easier mode since he's 2nd best at everything can use every single weapon).

There's a bunch of other stuff like the T.E.C.H. system that gives even more passives, learning the parrying system, Vehicle attacks and Vehicle mode usage (and how Grimlock varies wildly from the other 4 in this), and mechanics that the game NEVER explicitly tells you about.

On top of it all the voice cast is all right from the 80s show so you get Peter Cullen yelling over the action, and a really driving/heavy buttrock OST.

Pretty sure you can get it for under $20 pretty much anywhere.
>>
>>389892486
Transformers is unironically a better game than Automata, except in the thighs and OST departments
>>
File: ghosttrick cover.jpg (1MB, 1573x1422px) Image search: [Google]
ghosttrick cover.jpg
1MB, 1573x1422px
One of the awards it got was literally "Best game no one played"
>>
>>389884843
SPLIIISH
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.