[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a quick rundown on this series and this game in particular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: AtelierFiris.jpg (56KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
AtelierFiris.jpg
56KB, 256x320px
Can I get a quick rundown on this series and this game in particular?
>>
>>389884027
Atelier games are JRPGs that are built around creating items, which can be used in battles and to complete quests. They're usually not structured like typical adventuring RPGs, instead opting for a looser objective-based approach that complements the item synthesis mechanics. The game before Firis, Atelier Sophie, is often criticized by fans because it dumbed down the battle system and didn't have any time limits. Firis is supposed to fix those things by returning to a more traditional battle style and including a hard time limit during the first year.
>>
File: Atelier Guide.jpg (1MB, 1353x3554px) Image search: [Google]
Atelier Guide.jpg
1MB, 1353x3554px
>>389884027
Games are more focused on character interactions than some grand overarching story.
The lion's share of the gameplay in all the games is in the alchemy. You make all your bombs, potions, weapons, armor and accessories for your party.
There's 3 recent trilogies that most people talk about. Arland, Dusk and Mysterious. They change up the alchemy, combat and artists between trilogies so even if you don't like one of them, it would be wise to give another one a try.
Arland is : Rorona (play Rorona+ and stay away from vanilla Rorona), Totori, Meruru
Dusk is: Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie
Mysterious is: Sophie, Firis, Liddy & Soeur

The one you have pictured is Firis which is game 2 of Mysterious so you should probably play Sophie first.
Pic related is old and outdated but should probably help.
>>
Thank you guys
>>
>>389884749
>>389884981
Not Op, but is Atelier Firis worth $60 ?

I enjoy games like FF (everything except xiii and above) Ys and even SK.

I'm just sure if Firis is worth playing.
>>
>>389886701
i played firis and it was pretty good but idk about $60

pirate it on PC if you are hesistant
>>
>>389887024
>pirate it
fuck you
>>
>>389884027

they are the videogame equivalent of slice of life anime which i know sounds boring and/or weebish but it's really really good

or at least it used to be, i honestly thought that the games got boring as fuck after the first 4 game (this one is 8th one) and most people seems to agree
>>
>>389887242
atelier games are actually pretty solid, they're a big step up from kusoge like neptunia
>>
>>389886701
>I enjoy games like FF (everything except xiii and above) Ys and even SK.
Atelier is very different from all of those, but if you want to try the series out I'd recommend picking up either Rorona+, Totori or Ayesha since they can all be found for pretty cheap these days.

>>389887242
>after the first 4 game (this one is 8th one)
Atelier didn't start with Arland, Firis is the 18th.
>>
Totori is the cutest!
>>
>>389887518

i agree but escha & logy was boring,shallie was boring and after that i just didn't have the courage to try again

>>389887805

i know atelier didn't start with arland but english atelier started with arland unless you want to know the iris games which really aren't atelier games

so i stand by what i said
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.