[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X4: FOUNDATIONS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: x4-foundations.jpg (43KB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
x4-foundations.jpg
43KB, 747x420px
There is probably less than five X fans on this entire board, so lets have a party! Can Egosoft regain their former glory and create an actual X game this time?

https://youtu.be/XeYbb0hf10U?t=72

Confirmed so far:
>All ships pilotable
>Vulkan rendering API
>Upgraded map system with systems organized into hexagons with expanded info about each system such as stations, imports/exports
>Multiple races at launch
>Possibility of selecting different races as gamestart
>Ships more upgradable
>Stationbuilding now supports drag and snap building; fully customize your stations now instead of generic blueprints
>All stations are now fully destructible
>AI massively upgraded; AI are going to be able to dynamically respond to economy by building stations to satisfy demand and a bunch of other enhanced AI features to make universe more alive
>Highway/Jumpgate system remaining largely the same
>>
File: 1489282601174.jpg (12KB, 448x412px) Image search: [Google]
1489282601174.jpg
12KB, 448x412px
>>389882048
I'll reserve judgement for when the game comes out.
But its already leagues above the game which shall not be named.
>>
They deserve a second chance, that being said I am not putting my faith in them at all.
>>
Maybe. The game is a long way off though, not much to discuss or hype about right now.
>>
I mean, wont we have to wait for the more polished standalone expansion anyway
>>
File: 1431844775001.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
1431844775001.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
>>389882048
>cockpits
>customizable stations
>>
>>389882048
I am surprised they kept the on-foot stuff seems a bit difficult, but modular stations seem cool. Hopefully this game isn't SUPER broken on release like every other X game
>>
>>389883339
>>389883339
2018 release
>>
I was crushed by rebirth being complete shit. I'm going to "wait and see" with the intention of buying it if its ok
>>
>>389882048
Is it going to be Rebirth 2? Because that game was such a kick in the dick.
>>
I feel like this is one of the series that could use a little dumbing down. Tried X3 and couldn't get into it at all and generally I'm pretty patient with games.
>>
>>389883838
They should just can the walking around shit and do the next best thing: an EvE style station screen when you land that gives you access to menus, shops etc. Much easier to do than walking around imo.

>>389883985
no. If you bothered to watch the video the guy admits straight up a lot of rebirth decisions were controversial and that they made mistakes.
>>
I have the x3 gold box on steam if anyone wants to trade
>>
>>389884043
It's like Paradox's old grand strategy games, the main problem is the UI. If you read or watch an online guide it's not hard to play.
>>
It's gone down hill since TC, X4 is basically rebirth 2.0
>>
>>389884092
They should have both, menus for quick stuff, and walking around for main plot missions and shit.
>>
>>389884043
I had the same reaction but I stuck with it and figured it out. The problem lies in the way the UI is presented. It's not in a very standard or understandable format to the average person. One of the biggest improvements they could make is modernizing all aspects of their gui.
>>
>>389882960
This. I remember the hype train for Rebirth.
>>
cautiously looking forward to this

really enjoyed X2 and X3 back in the day, but rebirth was one of the worst letdowns i have ever experienced.
hope they can return to their former glory with this one.
>>
I'm not falling for that again.
>>
>>389885749
Nothing wrong with watching youtube gameplay videos, reviews and making up your own mind post-release, eh?
>>
>>389882048
>There is probably less than five X fans on this entire board
No shit. They lost their fans when they released Rebirth, which wasn't only a buggy and badly designed piece of shit but sounded incredibly dumb on paper already, causing the fanbase to be upset and not touching it.

Foundations will probably be another consoleturd and those great "features" they're trying to sell aren't even any and they merely re-introduce things from old X games to begin with.
At any rate there's never a reason to buy an X game until 2 years since release have passed and most bugs have been fixed and mods released to address all the flaws the base game has.
>>
Pre-purchase X-rebith like a fanboy.
This game was shit.
These bastard owe me a game.
I'm going to download.
>>
>>389886890
>These bastard owe me a game.
Interesting way of looking at it.
>>
Is there any new info since Xcon?
>>
>>389886610
>those great "features" they're trying to sell aren't even any and they merely re-introduce things from old X games to begin with
Yeah. "All ships rideable" woah!
>>
>>389886610
>>389887370
well to be fair, that's all the fans want: a proper sequel to X3, with all the features that were in X3, and fresh content. MAYBE add new mechanics or game systems, but that's optional.

all they really need to do is make X3 2.0 with general improvements and some more polish.
>>
>>389887781
It's not just about having a new game, it's about a game that fixes all the flaws the X games had: The awful UI, the lousy universe simulation, the endless loading screens with nothing happening between flying from gate to gate, the useless and clunky galaxy map, the static factions, the bad balance for ships and weapons, the broken endgame and the generally shitty performance.

They'd have to hire experienced software engineers for the technical aspect first and I doubt they did that. Can't imagine they now have an UI designer either. Gamedesigners were clearly not able to think certain mechanics through and as such they'd need to find new people for that, too. At this rate they crank out a medicore game that lives in the shadow of X2 and X3, which were games that impressed people as they improved on what Elite had done. If they can't improve on anything again this time around a new X doesn't serve any purpose.
>>
I recently finished Rebel Galaxy and enjoyed it despite the lack of content. Which space games should I play?
>>
>>389888732
They've addressed a lot of what you touched upon. I am by no means an Egosoft drone but they claim that X:R gave them a huge technical backend upgrade they can now build upon to improve all the faults of the old X games on the old engine.
>>
>>389889026
Starsector
>>
>>389889026
Elite Dangerous
>>
>>389889026
Ace of Seafood
>>
>>389889026
Starway Fleet
>>
>>389889120
That's a dubious statement from them. Rebirth neither impressed me visually, nor in terms of complex game mechanics/calculations. So whatever they considered an upgrade, it sure didn't arrive in the game itself.
It's very hard to not fall behind the curve these days, there's a lot of international competition in video games and it's likely there will be better looking or more complex games.

Years ago I thought certain genres were dead but then Factorio, Rimworld and Starsector came out and while they were indie titles without a budget made by a few inexperienced loners in their freetime they all set fairly high standards in regards to gameplay - there's a lot more going on than in other modern games and they executed certain concepts far better than older ones. Point here just being that in times when every idiot can release a game by just working on something for a while it becomes very hard to outshine this as professional studio unless you have a proven track record and constantly acquire new talent. In that regard I have severe doubts about Egosoft.
>>
File: 1298252201892.gif (423KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
1298252201892.gif
423KB, 220x165px
>>389882048
>one hour video to showcase X4
Oh boy. Oh. Fucking. Boy. I'm grabbing my popcorn and dedicated suicide gun in case its shit.
>>
>>389889621

>Elite Dangerous

Boring grindan: the game, stay away from this meme game.
>>
>>389892075
>He says while discussing X Universe
Pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>389883936
This. I'm still not over it. I only play old games now.
>>
>>389884092
>the guy admits straight up a lot of rebirth decisions were controversial and that they made mistakes.
How many studio does this?
>>
>>389892650
Bethesda admitted they made mistakes with fallout 4.
>>
>>389893035
>If only we had added more settlements for players to build on into the game, then everyone would've loved it

t. todd
>>
>>389884092
>no. If you bothered to watch the video the guy admits straight up a lot of rebirth decisions were controversial and that they made mistakes.
Do you mean certain design choices were a mistake, or the business choice to try and sell me a dumbed down x-box game marketed as a PC game after it failed to reach the console platform so they could get my money? Sure whatever, I'll wait and see how the game plays out but they're some dishonest fucks. They deserve any flak/distrust people show.
>>
>>389892650
>How many studio does this?
Enough of them do. It should be more common than it is but it's not unheard of, and it's not a sign of honesty. It's good business as proven on 4chan, it gets people to trust you again when you admit a mistake rather than covering it up and thus more likely to purchase your product. Show me a company that admits they made a mistake out of altruism and I'll show you a Unicorn.
>>
Is XTM/XTC still the way to go for X3/TC, or is there some more popular mod nowadays? Haven't played in years.
>>
>>389891892
Its more like 10 minutes of looping early alpha footage and 60 minutes of Q&A.
>>
>>389892075
That's what almost ALL of these boring ass "sandbox" space games are about. You're mining, shooting, buying and selling shit so you can buy and sell bigger shit later just to do more of the same thing, but with bigger numbers. Making it a space game is even more of an insult as it is literally empty space with a star background, maybe a couple of asteroids. Fuck these empty sandbox games.
>>
Protip: unique combat.. a good pace.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.