[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baldur's Gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Baldur's_Gate_box.png (206KB, 287x348px) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's_Gate_box.png
206KB, 287x348px
About to start this, first time playing. Any recommendations?
>>
Hope you like rolling stats faggot
>>
play uninstall wizard because it's overrated shit

charisma is useless
intelligence is useless for anyone not a wizard
constitution over 16 is useless for non-warrior classes
19 strength is way better than 18 strength

magic will fuck you over more than anything else. give everyone a ranged weapon and click on the enemy wizard as soon as combat starts. you can also buy potions of magic blocking and scrolls of protection from magic which turn encounters into ezmode.
>>
>>389871104
>charisma is useless
That's a lie though. You can get different rewards from quests if your charisma is high enough (like +1 dagger in tutorial) and some quests won't even be available if it's too low. High Charisma also reduces shop prices.
>>
>>389872276
I guess I was thinking about bg2 then. it's still not as useful as combat stats though.
>>
>>389868949
just google a guide on how to mod BG Tutu/Trilogy you fucking babby

you dont need to mod it if you want play the original

if you play the EE fucking kill yourself
>>
>>389868949
Get Boulder's Gate 2.
>>
>>389872612
What's wrong with EE?
>>
>>389872532
but bg1 is better than bg2 anyway anon
>>
>>389872798
honestly i can tell you a whole lot about sjw writing, the shit new companions they added in the game and all that bullshit but the biggest problem is the trash fucking UI that ruins the whole aesthetic of the game
>>
I just started it as well, no experience with these kind of games except DA:O. I made a paladin/inquisitor. Is there a way to remove the sjw content from the ee with a mod?

>>389873265
What's wrong with the UI?
>>
File: Expert Cirno.jpg (255KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Expert Cirno.jpg
255KB, 480x640px
>>389868949
Give everyone a source of ranged attack. Wizards and clerics get slings or darts, rogues get shortbows, fighters get composite bows. Trust me, it will save you a lot of trouble.

Do not treat wizards early on as damage dealers. They are your crowd control and buffers at least until they learn fireball or skull trap. So have plenty of castings of sleep, stinking cloud or entangling roots, sleep is the best spell of those three though have SOME magic missile to interrupt powerful enemy spellcasts though. Charm also has its uses, I've been able to trivialize some encounters with a well placed charm spell and then ordering the enemy mage I charmed to kill himself by casting magic missile on himself, which resulted in pretty much instakill because of his level.

Always use scrolls and potions or wands when you feel that you're pressed or about to be. Wand of Monster Summoning is fucking OP.

Always have a cleric in your party, their buffs and dispels are extremely potent. Bless and chant alone is +2 to all of your rolls and that is immense. Cleric "Command" spell is very powerful if you need to temporarily disable a very strong opponent, few things resist it.
>>
>>389873602
I don't think there is any SJW in BG. In sequel there was some gay companion or something. Apparently Beamdog went a bit further in their OC expansion. It's a standalone expansion I think.
>>
File: 1339944425382.jpg (95KB, 980x733px) Image search: [Google]
1339944425382.jpg
95KB, 980x733px
>pick up the edgelord blackguard
>ignore his shit writing and watch him explode everything
>>
>>389872532
It's the casting stat for sorcerers and bards.
>>
>>389873602
It isn't the original UI. There was no need to change it but for Beamdog's vanity.
>>
>>389873602
>paladin/inquisitor

Great choice, their Dispel Magic ability is fucking great, it will serve you well from start to finish and the character will only get stronger if you import him to BG2.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.