[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best controller Nintendo has ever put out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9066.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9066.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Is this the best controller Nintendo has ever put out?
>>
I really like it but I do wish it came with analog triggers so I could use it for racing games too.
>>
>>389867878
I don't think that is saying much, though.
>>
>>389868060
Came here to post this exactly.
>>
Yes
>80 hours battery
>doing symmetrical sticks the right way
>perfect ergonomic
>cheap in term of $$$
>good dpad
But don't get the black one, it's a fingerprint magnet.
>>
>>389869140
>Its a fingerprint magnet
fuck, was the white that much better?
>>
>>389869254
Yes, I see no fingerprints on my white wupc.
>>
>>389869140
>>389869254
>tfw no white version available in britbongistan
I'm still mad
>>
>>389869140
>symmetrical sticks
This meme has to end.
They suck
>>
>>389867878
Hello
>>
been playing Hollow Knight with it. I really like it.
>>
>>389868060
This. And please omit the analog stick clicks. Nobody ever needed or enjoyed that.
>>
>>389869646
Go away ugly controller
>>
>>389869748
it's needed in splatoon and XCX.
>>
>>389869646
>>389869641
>asymmetrical sticks
literally kill yourself
>>
>>389869646
Hello. You are the best.
>>
>>389869895
Zelda too, but it could easily have been remapped.
>>
>>389869646
Left thumbstick: Primary input for movement
Right face buttons: Primary inputs for actions
There's a reason all good controllers have these on the same plane. Ergonomics are NOT about symmetry.
>>
Yes. I absolutely loved the symmetric sticks and it was so comfy. Gutted they went for the clunky Xbox design for the switch pro controller.
>>
>>389870439
t. only plays Mario Kart
If you can control the camera with the right stick, you'll always rest your thumb there while playing. BotW and Splatoon 2 are examples of this, and Xenopblade 2 will be the same.
On systems with more ________ games, it's even more important.
>>
File: 1200px-GameCube_controller.png (1MB, 1200x933px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-GameCube_controller.png
1MB, 1200x933px
Try again sweetie
>>
>>389870808
Thumbsticks on the same plane are only better for FPS games.

>>389870827
The GameCube controller was a good one. Too bad the D-Pad and C-Stick was tiny, and it had only one Z button.
>>
>>389867878
Still sad it doesn't properly sync up through regular PC bluetooth stack.
>>
>>389870827
Not really, works great on gamecube games though.
>>
>>389871070
Thumbstick and face buttons on the same plane is only good for games without camera controls.
Symmetrical thumbsticks and symmetrical d-pad+face buttons are good for classic games, tile based games, games with any camera controls at all, emulation as well as basically anything you can think of.
>>
>>389870827
>c-sticks are extremely fragile
Nope.
>>
>>389871469
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>389870827
I adore the GC face buttons but everything else about this controller is trash.
>>
>>389871710
This
>>
>>389870439
Symmetrical sticks feel better.
>>
>>389871710
Just the d-pad is too small, and the main analog stick requires too much force to move.

Everything else is perfect to me. Yes, even the lack of a left Z button.
>>
>>389867878
>that glossy finish
Only real downside. I hope Nintendo makes the unlikely move to patch in Switch compatibility. They did it for the Pokken controller.
>>
>>389869646
Shit D-Pad.
I can't believe Nintendo somehow messed this up
>>
>>389870827
>tiny C stick
>no trigger clicks
>sissy-sized d-pad

LOL no
>>
>>389867878
>Symmetrical sticks
nothanx
>>
>>389871424
I don't know what games you're playing, but most games don't require constant camera adjustments, unlike an FPS where you're almost always moving the POV.
>>
>>389872726
Every game where you want to look around at all. Looking around is much more common than pressing buttons only related to combat or specific actions like opening doors/chests.
3rd person action/adventure games like 3D Zeldas, HZD, GTA+clones, Yakuza, MGS/R, Soulsborne games, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Quest Builders, Gravity Rush etc.
Only games I've played recently I can think of where asymmetrical makes sense are Mario Kart and Wipeout.
>>
Im about to buy xbox one S controller for my PC
i like that its wireless and has headjack input

anyone here have it? share exp
>>
>>389874608
I have an Elite but I think they're similar.
Compared to DS4:
-no touchpad
-fewer buttons
-no gyro
-rechargable batteries cost extra (maybe not true for xbones

+slightly heavier, feels subjectively better/more comfortable
+never seen any xbone controllers wear
+works after just plugging it in, no DS4Windows/big picture bullshit
+games will most likely display xbox buttons (ABXY)

/asymmetrical sticks

Only way to tell which one will be better is by trying both, but you can never go wrong with 360/one controllers. They're sort of like a standard.
>>
>>389874608
The S got a new controller?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.