[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES Classic Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0964.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0964.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
I'm never getting one, am I?
;_;
>>
>>389856598
Just emulate them you dumbass.
>>
>>389856598
Ive got one for sale only 300$ :^)
>>
>>389857126
A raspberry pi zero can play every snes game for literally $10. The rest of the kit is about $15 and it's fun to play with. You could fit it inside a CRT
>>
File: 1498607265538.jpg (44KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1498607265538.jpg
44KB, 529x502px
>>389857126

>just emulate the completed, unreleased version of Star Fox 2
>>
Just buy a pi and one of those shitty USB SNES controllers. The only thing the SNES classic has going for it is Starfox 2 and there's already builds online. Hell the one in the Classic is probably just one of them with the serial numbers filed off considering nintendo's virtual console ROMs were taken off the internet too.
>>
Got my pre-order. :^)

Thanks random /v/ poster from over a week ago.
Never would have gotten it before they sold out in minutes if not for him, all the sites have shitty notifiers when these things go on sale.
>>
>>389856598
Not with that attitude you won't.
>>
>>389857126

Literally everyone knows about emulation, so I think it's safe to assume that anyone who wants a SNES Classic either wants it because it's cute and looks good on a shelf (yes that's called an opinion) or is a collector who wants to leave it in the box and keep it until it's more valuable. Emulation doesn't replace any of the realistic reasons for an actual person to buy one of these so I wish you people would stop acting like you're so smart for pointing out that games can in fact be played on emulators.
>>
>>389857298
Marketingshit. Never released doesn't mean there is a rom of it. The old rom was complete gameplaywise and is a full game with endings and shit yo. They just wrote "never released" because it was never released. Still that game on the classic snes is the rom.
>inb4 citation
Buy one and play it dumbass :^)
>>
>>389857385

The only ROMs online are alpha and beta builds. It's been confirmed that the version in the SNES Classic is the actual completed game that was never released and has never been leaked.
>>
>>389857385
If people wanted an emulation box they wouldnt have waited until now.

The audience whos interested in this wants it because its a neat official collectors item.
>>
File: Somari_(title_screenshot).png (90KB, 250x234px) Image search: [Google]
Somari_(title_screenshot).png
90KB, 250x234px
>>389857385
>>389857214
>just get a raspberry pi, it's the same thing!
>>
>>389857550

Dylan Cuthbert said the patched rom is still missing a few things from the final game.
>>
>>389857569

I'll believe it when I see it.

Even if it is, you know that ROM will get dumped online within 24 hours of the classic being available to the public.
>>
>>389857408
>all the sites have shitty notifiers when these things go on sale.

The worst part is they go up for preorder under weird, shady temporary store entries. I have notifications set up on a few websites and NONE of them notified me of ANYTHING because the official listing isn't the one where preorders go live, they create a fucking NEW listing and take preorders under that, making the notifications fucking useless.
>>
>>389857830
Ah yeah that's a thing too.
The one I got is under a different listing than what I told the sites to notify me about, it even has a slightly different price of 79.96.

What's the point of setting notifications if they're just gonna pull this kind of shit?
>>
>>389856598
dont worry bro, after Im done scalping mine nintendo is actually gonna make a little more of them
>>
>>389857298
>implying the rom won't be ripped
>>
>>389858141

Yeah, it's utter bullshit. And couple that with Nintendo and retailer's lack of forewarning and transparency about pre-orders and you don't even know whether to trust those shady listings.
>>
It's going to look so good next to my NES Classic.
>>
unless you're a scalper selling to normies there's no reason to want one either. Speaking of, has the starfox 2 rom been uploaded yet?
>>
>>389857668
>>389857693
The nes and snes mini are just using emulators too.

They are not 100% accurate original hardware.

Literally the only difference is the nintendo logo slapped on the plastic case.
>>
No. Nintendo's dumb as shit approach to selling these means that your best bet is going to be trying to either get one in store on launch day or purchase one at an astounding mark-up from the assload of scalpers that are going to be flooding ebay with them
>>
>>389857830

you say that like they don't do it on purpose to deter accidental DDOSing/scalpers.

not that it works mind you but still
>>
how would leafs even have a chance?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.