[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what ever happened to Terraria 2 and Otherworld? Last time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: TOW_Screen1_20160718.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TOW_Screen1_20160718.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So what ever happened to Terraria 2 and Otherworld?
Last time I heard about Otherworld it was supposed to come out soon but I haven't heard anything since. Is Terraria 2 still a thing or was it replaced by Otherworld?
And is Terraria still getting updates? Didn't they decide on a final update a while ago? Why can't they just decide and stop juggling three different games at once?
>>
>Terraria 2
Was this ever a thing?
>Otherworld
still coming along, slowly. they're having some issues.
>OG Terraria
a seperate, small team is doing tiny updates, like adding a bit more content to the desert or such. Mods are still coming along, which is where the new endgame developement is. Thorium feels like a legitimate update to the game.
>>
>>389856246
OK SO

>terraria 2
we have no idea. i'm sure it's being worked on but doubt it's coming out in the next 3 years

>otherworld
redigit and his team are no longer working on it, they handed it over to a different team to get it out faster or something like that. it's coming.
>og terraria
what anon above me said. they're still adding little bits.
>>
>>389856246
T2 is on hold because the team had to come in and deal with the BS going on with Otherworld.
T1 is still getting updates tho I think it's done with bosses and progression content.
>>
Otherworld's still a thing and is being worked on.
Terraria 2's on hold until Otherworld is finished to a point that Redigit deems satisfactory.
>>
>>389856691
>Terraria 2
>Was this ever a thing?
I really don't know anymore. All I know is that Red wanted to stop updating Terraria 1 for it but then decided otherwise and started pumping more content into it.
But I seem to recall people explicitly saying that Otherworld wasn't supposed to replace Terraria 2 or maybe I'm imagining things.

From what I've seen Otherworld seems to be shaping up to be a pretty cool basebuilding+combat rpg+towerdefense kinda game but I'd still like it if they made another game with more sandboxy features for Terraria 2.
>>
>>389857142
>otherworld is NOT terraria 2

you're correct. some people think otherworld is 2, and they are 100% wrong, terraria 2 is completely seperate.
>>
Terraria 2 was supposed to be 2.5D, which I'm not so thrilled about. Glad they're focusing on Otherworld for now.
>>
>>389857370
If that means 2D world but 3D graphics then I'd be somewhat okay with it even if it would be a little disappointing.
>>
>>389856246
what game in the screenshot?
>>
File: chars_zoom_alt1.png (546KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chars_zoom_alt1.png
546KB, 1280x720px
>>389858050
>TOW[something].png
I wonder if it's one of the games OP is talking about.
>>
>>389858329
what game in this screenshot?
>>
Terraria 2 is happening but it takes time.
Otherworld was becoming a shit show so the original devs got replaced.
>>
>>389858637
>Otherworld was becoming a shit show
How so?
>>
>>389858854
No details, just a statement that redigit was not pleased with it and replaced the devs.
>>
What about 1.3.6 though, surely soon™?
I want the hell update they talked about years ago already.
>>
File: 1503742589293.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1503742589293.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>389858513
>>
>>389856691
>Thorium
It's that good, then? I've been on a terraria binge lately and I'm at the lunatic cultist and I'm losing my desire to play it knowing I'm almost at the end (assuming I can beat it, of course)
>>
should i get thorium or calamity mod? I hunger for more terraria content, but im not sure which one i should go with.
>>
>>389858329
game?
>>
>>389857370
Like LBP 2.5D or NSMB 2.5D?
>>
>>389860598
Another anon here, Thorium is the only mod for any game that added content that I have ever used. It is amazingly balanced and feels like something that was added by the actually developers of Terraria.

10/10 would mod again.
>>
>>389860598
Yea, Thorium is definitely the best mod for Terraria I've seen. The items are useful but not overpowered and they fit pretty well into the base game. Ironically, the Thorium ore is probably the most forgettable part of it.
>>
There were some internal problems with the team developing Otherworld so they decided to hand it to the group that's working on rebuilding the mobile/console port from scratch. Terraria 2 probably not for several years, but they went back on their idea of T1 not getting substantial updates anymore and put in a lot of framework for future updates.

So basically Terraria Otherworld is full spinoff territory and Terraria is going to morph into something closer to what Terraria 2 will eventually be.
>>
>>389860598
I used Thorium with another big mod (spirit) and had a blast with it.
>>
>>389861226
>spirit
I played through this mod in Multiplayer and it felt horribly buggy and not very well balanced. I ended up just not really using anything from it. Just felt like a worse Thorium.
>>
>>389860978
>>389861045
>>389861226
Sounds good. I guess I'll try to beat the last stuff in vanilla then move onto the mod for another playthrough.
>>
Actually what;'s the difference between Terraria 2 and Otherworld? Like, why does Otherworld exist if its not going to be Terraria 2? These kinds of "middle of the road" games are never successful and always diminish the sales of the next game by either being shit or by burning people out on the gameplay and having them lose interest.
>>
ive been waiting for otherworld for like 2 years. blue balls
>>
>>389861590
>Like, why does Otherworld exist
Dunno, it's more combat/tower defense focused from what I saw. But no idea why they made it in the first place, probably to test out spinoff ideas to be incorporated into T2?
>>
>>389861590
I think it was supposed to fill the gap between Terraria's last update and Terraria 2 bu the pack of cunt devs pissed all the time away instead until Red got sick of their shit.
>>
>>389856246
Otherworld is complete fuck-up and the developer got replaced with team which did console port of terraria, development probably started from near scratch.
>>
>>389861590
Terraria does so much right that a sequel is very scary territory. Any experimental feature changes could piss off and alienate players and completely dissolve any chance of T2 being as successful as its predecessor. If you shift that experimentation into a spinoff, however, players will be much more forgiving and patient with devs trying out different ideas and gradually making changes until it becomes something everyone likes. By doing it that way, you end up with a "safe" model for Terraria 2.
>>
>>389861912
>>389861976
>>389862631
So what I'm hearing is to just skip Otherworld entirely and just wait for Terraria 2?
>>
>>389862742
yes
>>
>>389862742
I might try it but I don't expect to be playing it for years like with Terraria.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.