[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is that's so magical about the prospect of these obscure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Originaltruck.png (75KB, 483x406px) Image search: [Google]
Originaltruck.png
75KB, 483x406px
What is that's so magical about the prospect of these obscure secrets?
The kind of secrets that no developer would never actually bother with
>>
>>389853743
There are real secrets and Easter eggs in games way more obscure and harder to get at than that fake one.
>>
dev here, putting in all sorts of obscure optional/secret stuff. No one might ever play it but if they do there'll be no end to it.
>>
Imagine being the first person to accidentally discover MissingNo
>>
>>389853743
Dark Souls had a fuckload of silly playground rumor secrets in it. Hell, if someone off the street came up to me and told me how to get to Ash Lake I'd think he's exactly the kind of person who used to spread stupid rumors about Mew being under the truck in Pokemon.
>>
>>389853743
Today I wouldn't give a fuck about it, but at the time I thought it was mesmerizing.
I cannot remember my train of thought when I was 7/8. Can you remember yours?
>>
>>389854502
>Dude I'm telling you, if you go back to where you killed the hydra, there's a golem that has a girl trapped inside it and you can go back to the past and actually meet artorias!
Fuck off, That Kid, no one believes your bullshit
>>
File: missingno.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
missingno.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>389854498
>the fuck is this shit?
>run from battle
There, that's exactly what it was like. I didn't know what the thing was the first time I saw it.
>>
>>389854660
>Dude I swear, my uncle works at Souls, remember that huge ass painting in Anor Londo ?
>>
>>389854660
fuck man that really really really sounds like a rumor I heard as a kid. Especially those internet rumors about pokemon RSE.
>You need to win 7 times on the duel tower than go to the rocket and you can go to space and catch deoxys
>>
>>389854973
Someone wasn't adventurous
When I found the fossil glitch in Yellow I was like 5 and I tried to catch it. I wanted that fucked up thing on my team
>>
>>389853743
>tfw i love secrets like this
>making my own oracle of ages/seasons clone and filling it with hidden shit

I'm starting to understand why edmund got disappointed that people cracked open all of Isaac's secrets in five minutes though
>>
>>389853743
>all those stories of easter eggs and glitches in the games
>no internet to confirm it
>>
Part of it was just the time. The Internet wasn't as developed as it is now, so baseless rumors could spread like wildfire. And you have the "that kid" factor where people would like about that shit just to appear cool.

But on top of all that, you had the problem that some of it was REAL. If something as ludicrous as MissingNo was real, why the fuck wouldn't that junk your friend's brother's cousin saw on a ghetto-ass Geocities site about Pikablu also be true?
>>
>>389855658
that rocket building spawned so many rumours and fake easter eggs. People couldnt just believe it's useless i guess
>>
>>389856205
it still is strange to me. We got a legendary and a mythical beeing completly related to the space, but there was no such event, not even in fucking emerald. But at least they copy pasted getting lugia and ho-oh.
>>
>>389853743
>dude you can totally reach that far off island I'm goldeneye my cousin showed me how
I hate you Jason. Lying prick.
>>
>>389854498
Imagine actually knowing about the real steps to get a Mew. You would be the king of the school back then.
>>
File: BASE.jpg (548KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
BASE.jpg
548KB, 1920x1040px
>>389854385
about the extend of my obscure secrets lies in putting little notes in unused areas of character textures.
>>
>>389856689
You're the one that put a missingno in a trade cable
>>
>>389856789
You should put really cryptic notes in instead, stuff that will just raise more questions when someone uncovers them.
>>
>>389856983
interesting idea, but given that these texture areas are unused I can't put anything substantial enough to even raise questions, given that it's obvious that whoever put the notes there was the dev having a giggle

maybe little bits of 'i hate my job and i want to die' or something, I guess
>>
>>389856205
>People couldn't believe
Nope. I could not believe it.
>>
>>389856789
Putting something like "they will never find the body" or "help" would be pretty confusing if someone finds it.

>>389857098
That's unoriginal as fuck that no one would care though
https://tcrf.net/Category:Games_with_hidden_developer_messages
>>
This was a time before everyone knew everything about every game since any popular release got datamined day one. Weird shit like this circulated because it was off the beaten path (reaching the truck isn't some Herculean task but you sure the hell won't be able to do it if you aren't actively trying) and promised riches you would have never expected otherwise.
>>
File: 85c.gif (490KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
85c.gif
490KB, 256x256px
>>389857581
>Putting something like "they will never find the body" or "help" would be pretty confusing if someone finds it.

>That's unoriginal as fuck that no one would care though
>>
>>389857819
Nice reading comprehension there mate.
>>
>>389857587
This. The internet ruined this kind of secret/easter egg/urban legend.
>>
File: images.png (2KB, 117x117px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 117x117px
>>389858126
>miss the point entirely
>accuses others of failing at reading comprehension

I was calling you an unoriginal hypocrite you fucking imbecile.

christ, this board....
>>
>>389856689
With hacking you actually can get there, now. There really isn't much to do there.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.