[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Time Top Down RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

As someone who has never played a top down RPG is this a good place to start?
>>
>>389850815
Sure if you like a boring story and childish dialogue
Combat is fucking amazing though, but I don't play RPGs for the combat.
>>
Only if you want to give up in disgust in a couple hours. I think Obsidian crpg's are a much better place to start.
>>
It's a great tactics game, but not so much as RPG. If you're looking for roleplay, good writing and companions, there are better alternatives.
>>
Nearly as bad as Witcher 3, Dragon Age Origins, Baldurs Gate 2, VtmB and Icewind Dale
>>
>>389851149
Bald it's Gate 2 and Icewind Dale were fine if you could take the combat slog, especially the latter. I don't think I'd rate them as shit as Divinity
>>
>>389851149
>Dragon Age Origins
unironically one of the best RPGs released in the past decade
>>
>>389850815
The saving system killed it for me. You can lose over an hour of progress often because it almost never autosaves.
>>
>>389851241
No!
No RPG in the history of RPG was ever good. You know thats true.
>>
>>389851273
DA:O is one of the most overrated rpg of all time. Boring story, shitty characters, and the classes arent interesting either. Half kf the specs are useless like shapeshifter too
>>
>>389851313
Also I don't know why Divine Divinity hasn't been mentioned yet, a much much better RPG sharing the same name
>>
>>389850991
>>389851009
>>389851041
>>389851293
What's a good top down rpg that's been released recently?
>>
>>389851654
Underrail
>>
>>389851654
Don't know, haven't played any others besides Divinity.
I wanted to try Pillars of Eternity but /v/ hates it so I'm scared to try it.
>>
>>389851797
>Pillars of Equality
Fuck off.
>>
>>389851797
If you can dig Baldurs Gate you'll be fine, the combat is pretty competent for anyone used to pressing pause, F# and giving orders. The storyline is well written and has good voice acting, /v/ just can't stand that backers got their own little special snowflake totally optional npc's to talk to that give you a paragraph of fluff and that's it.
>>
>>389851887
o-okay anon
Funny thing is I didn't even recommend it, all I said was I was considering playing it.
>>
Go back to sleep tom
>>
>>389852072
/v/ hates it because they removed the trans joke.
it's still a decent game, get it when it's cheap if you aren't sure.
>>
>>389851429
>All Archer abilities, every single last one, is a DPS loss compared to auto-attacking
>All spell combinations (those "super spells" you get from mixing multiple spells) do less damage than the individual spells would have had they stacked
>About 1/2 of all spells don't scale in any way with any stat, including all the shapeshifter spells, despite the description saying they do

DA:O is a fucking mess
>>
>>389851429
This is an epic meme frendio.
>>
>>389852664
No, Dragon Age is actually a really dry, unpleasant and unrewarding experience.
>>
>>389853283
Nice meme.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.