[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGSV: The Phantom Pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Hey /v/, I just got around to finishing TPP a few weeks ago, and somehow wasn't spoiled the ending. So now that I've opened myself up to the community again, why does it seem like everybody hated the ending? I'm genuinely curious to hear everyone's input on this.
>>
Did you see the trailer for chapter two? With a bunch of shit that isn't in the game?
>>
>>389848350
Because most people had figured out Venom wasn't Big Boss long before release. Because that car ride with Skullface is atrociously bad and obviously rushed. Because Eli escapes with a giant robot never to be seen again. Because there's one vial of the parasite that just disappears and is never mentioned again. Because Battle Gear, meant to an equivalent to ZEKE in PW, never saw any action. Because Ocelot did nothing all that time.

Because nothing at all felt fulfilling.
>>
Because /v/, the cock jockeys they are, wanted to pop their boners to Big Boss.

Realizing that they were jamming it to a random excelsior combat medic instead, they felt cheated.
>>
File: choke me harder.png (391KB, 680x739px) Image search: [Google]
choke me harder.png
391KB, 680x739px
>>389849340
Venom was more sexier, desu.
>>
Personally it always annoyed me that Ocelot, a Russian-American, had a southern accent the whole game. But ONLY in TPP
>>
>>389849578
Blame Troy Baker
>>
>>389848350
As someone who saw the plot twist coming a mile away and was genuinely intrigued by it:
>Twist is predictable and underwhelming
>Venom is inconsistently characterized through both gameplay and mechanics leading to absolutely fuck all being done with him before or after the twist because KojiPro tried to have their cake and eat it too
>the ending literally just happens out of fucking nowhere when the whole rest of the chapter was already rushed as fuck
>it's very clear that this was never meant to be the ending but nothing is done to actually answer lingering questions or close any loose ends
Literally three or four more missions following Truth: The Man Who Sold The World with a MGS3/MGS4 style debriefing -- if done well -- could have saved this ending, and still would not have redeemed the issues with the rest of the story leading up to it. As someone who was genuinely looking forward to this game, especially knowing the twist, it was just a total disappointment.
>>389849578
>Ocelot was born and raised an American birthed on French soil who "defected" to Russia and then pretended to spy on America for the Russians when he was actually spying on the Russians for the Americans
>wears the over-the-top cowboy outfit and does the thick southern accent when he's among friends and only lying to Venom and Kaz for their own safety
Who would've guessed it?
>>
>>389849340
>Realizing that they were jamming it to a random excelsior combat medic instead, they felt cheated.

That isn't quite the issue though: the Venom twist isn't hated, and in fact most people ended up liking Venom a lot. The issue is it's poorly presented, and unfinished.

I guess people would have been fine with a bad story about Big Boss, or a good story about Venom. But they got the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>389849803
Wrong. Troy Baker was expecting to play the absolute oddball you see in every numbered entry of Metal Gear, but was forced to have the dry, calm delivery by Kojima.
>>
File: 1420399918338.jpg (61KB, 751x715px) Image search: [Google]
1420399918338.jpg
61KB, 751x715px
>>389849874
>The Venom twist isn't hated
>most people ended up liking Venom a lot
>people would have been fine with a bad story about Big Boss or a good story about Venom but they got the worst of both worlds
There has never, and will never be, a post about MGSV's ending more accurate than this one.
/thread
>>
>>389850351
>I could care fuck all about the aftermath of the release
Then why are you here?
>>
>>389850351
You didn't do your homework then, we knew the twist before the release, and the aftermath of the release is when, well, people play the game and find out what the story is.

Retarded of you to only consider the expectations of a few people that didn't knew the twist before release and act like you know better than anyone else what the reception was.
>>
>>389850661
>Then why are you here?
Just to suffer
>>
i never got to the real ending. after that shitty last battle and constant resource hunting i stopped playing.
>>
>>389850951
>shitty last battle
Which one? The one where you fight an entire armor unit and still almost die to a snake bite?
>>
File: 1.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>389851054
after you fight the shagomisanthrop-gear and you find out that you're not really big boss
>>
>>389850661
>>389850738
LOL, he deleted his post
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.