[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best mobile emulating Device

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
I`m looking for a mobile device that can reliably emulate retro game.

At the moment I`m using a surface 3 and the 8bitdo fc30 pro.
But that combo is a little bit clunky (having to put the Surface on a table and hooking the controller up). I ordered the 8bitdo smartphone holder and will try that out.

But I actually want something small and all in one device.

At the moment the psp go seems to be the best option out there. But I`m wondering how well it can emulate certain consoles, I heard snes emulation can be a bit laggy.
Tl;dr: How do you play retro games on the go?
Does anyone here have any experience or can recommend something?
>>
Fuck off chink shill
>>
I used to use my Xperia Play. Still salty the display broke. I loved that thing
>>
>>389846909
mine broke too, they're renowned pieces of shit
>>
>>389847240
That's disappointing. Mine fucked up thanks to user error

>be me
>holding the dog while my brother shaves his fur down some (summer; he doesn't shed naturally)
>be fucking covered in fur
>brother hoses me down
>OH FUCK MY PHONE IS IN MY POCKET

Never again.
>>
PSP Go is a good choice if you can find one cheap. It's a compact and cute device, like the Game Boy Micro except way more practical.
> I heard snes emulation can be a bit laggy.
SNES emulation is full speed in most cases. You'll have to turn up frameskipping if the game uses mode 7 or is an expansion chip game.
>>
phone specs are way better so why bother
>>
>>389849543
That one popular SNES emulator called SNES9x or something also got developed until the end of 2015. It works a lot better than the previous versions floating around the web. Also there's retroarch on the psp.
>>
>>389849782
There's a fork of snes9xtyl which is still being updated now.
https://github.com/esmjanus/snes9xTYL/releases
Couldn't tell you about Retroarch though, I always avoided that crap.
>>
>>389845979
Homebrew nigga, or just use a fucking smartphone with bluetooth gamepad for extreme autism experience.
>>
>>389845979
Pspgo looks small.
Imagine playing an action game on this.
>>
>>389845979
Nigga just get any phone that runs Android and use that. Samsung Galaxy shit is good. Bonus points for looking less autistic in public, and having a device that's actually functional in the real world as well.
>>
>>389847240
>>389847620
From what I heard there's a ribbon that links the screen and controller and it just eventually wears down and snaps. I got lucky the first time because it had a months warranty left the first time it broke but I was unlucky the second time. Think I got the first one in 2010 and the second one broke in Jan 2015
>>
>>389849645
Because I`d have to carry the controller with me and have to set it up every time. I just want one device that I just have to turn on.
>>
Got one of these. Can emulate everything up to including dreamcast and can do everything an android tablet can, for what it's worth.
>>
>>389852334
How fat are your fingers?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.