[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it live up to expectations and surpass it's predessesors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: odyssey.jpg (414KB, 1252x2027px) Image search: [Google]
odyssey.jpg
414KB, 1252x2027px
Will it live up to expectations and surpass it's predessesors? (64 and Sunshine, Galaxy Games are in a different approach entirely, according to Nintendo)
>>
File: Super_Mario_64_Logo.png (172KB, 535x196px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_64_Logo.png
172KB, 535x196px
Sunshine? Yeah probably... but it'll never surpass the king.
>>
It could very easily, but some people would never admit it.

There will be legions of people who don't own a Switch and will never, ever play this game that will insist it is garbage and that the old games are better. Count on it, 100%.
>>
File: mariotimeline.jpg (154KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
mariotimeline.jpg
154KB, 1200x627px
Is this the first time Nintendo has acknowledged there are two different Mario game fanbases?
>>
>>389843508
I try to think of it as there's not really two fanbases, it's just one collective fanbase that is the Nintendo fanbase really... There's just two different styles of approach to the same series...

If you do think of it like it's two fanbases, though - It's a big gamble/statement for Nintendo to show that image though - they're targeting the people who weren't big fans of the Galaxy games in comparison to 64/Sunshine by seperating them like that.
>>
All they showed looks really bad design wise
Moons are everywhere and very easy to get, exploration seems very limited
>>
>>389843675
yeah the exploration is what I'm worried about - it looks very... Mario Galaxy and less 64 and Sunshine...

granted... Sunshine's level design is quite shit also... while 64 was really good for the limited memory and lack of experience they had.
>>
>>389843310
Idk man its a toss up. Before BOTW came out my hopes werent too high. I really was expecting a bait n switch from nintendo with all their talk about "open and free gameplay". But they really did deliver on their promises with BOTW, i was impressed. I think it will be the best mario game ever, but i cant help but feel im going to be a little let down. Ive been wanting to play a mario game like this since i played SM64 ten times over and just couldnt be entertained by it anymore. I just hope theres alot to do in it. Also, all the DKC references have me excited.
>>
The game looks like it's going to be really long; 30-50 moons per Kingdom and 10 kingdoms seems overwhelming. Aside from that I'm very excited
>>
>>389843310
Realistically, probably not. Living up to 64 would need elder god-tier exploration and movement. What we've seen doesn't seem to offer such.
It'll probably be good nonetheless.
>>
>>389843310
Mario has always delivered for me.
>>
File: 1497294297332.jpg (185KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497294297332.jpg
185KB, 1083x720px
Odyssey with probably be my main reason to buy a Switch.
but that won't happen, i'm too busy playing fantastic games that don't require me to buy a new console.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.