[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of this game? Besides shit performance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1792.jpg (27KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1792.jpg
27KB, 460x215px
What does /v/ think of this game?

Besides shit performance
>>
>Shall we gather for whisky and cigars tonight?
>>
Great game, didn't really fix my issues with the first one though (namely the weak story and low difficulty)
>>
>>389841521

>Low difficulty

I had trouble purely cause it's FPS. Third person stealth is easier for me, but I did feel the AI was slightly broken and it wasn't entire down to a lack of skill
>>
still decent level design, only really difficult if you try for all ghost. Also environment design is okay but character models are still all kinds of fucked up proportion-wise. The game runs a lot worse than it should on PC. It's worth a play
>>
>>389843281

I had so much trouble ghosting. It's got to be near impossible if you go no powers. I found that there's less freedom than the first, less routes to take. But yeah it runs like shit on all platforms.
>>
>>389839805
>besides shit performance
The game is great. It's more of what the first was with improvements. That's it.
The performance ruined it entirely.
>>
relied too much on gimmicks instead of making more different paths and effected choices. also the ending is the same as it was in Brigmore Witches.
>>
File: IMG_1094.jpg (347KB, 1496x1793px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1094.jpg
347KB, 1496x1793px
>>389839805
Another potentially great franchise ruined by women.

>"At first, you take some criticism and go, 'Wait a minute,' and then you look and it's like, 'Wow, every woman in Dishonored 1 is either a servant, a prostitute, a witch, a queen or a little girl. Or a mistress.' We have a mistress also. You know, that was not an intentional choice.

So, when something like that pops up, you can get defensive if you want, or you can say, 'Guys, let me just ask this: Did we mean that?' And the answer is no, we did not mean that."

Now we have lackluster environments and NPCs and nigger bitch shit DLC.
The Golden Cat level was by far one of my best experiences in dishonored, but it was too much for them
>>
>>389843683

I saw how bad it ran on PC and although I've got a decent rig I couldn't be fucked with getting it to run properly.
I played it on my PS4 pro and the performance is consistent although there's weird graphical glitches in places that haven't been patched.
>>
What did you like about the first game?

I don't know it was Okay I guess

Well we'll just give you more of that okay?

No thank you
>>
>>389843928
>ruined by women

How come they allow you to play as a grizzled old man and even let you murder all the strong independent female characters then?
>>
>>389839805
It's like Prey but in victorian times
>>
>>389844073

The first game was all about freedom of playing how you want. Although it felt amazing compared to other shit that released the same time, they didn't expand on it to warrant a sequel
>>
good game
>>
PC port so bad I had to buy for ps4

meh, was only 8 quid
>>
Pirate it, it's pretty fun.
>>
>>389843928

>Now we have lackluster environments and NPCs and nigger bitch shit DLC.

Wasn't very intrusive. This time the major baddies are a coven of witches that look like feminazis. Thing is they are clearly the villains and you can kill them just like anyone else. Then the female- and male playable character have different skillsets, queen focuses more on stealthy shit while Corvo focuses on killing shit. So the female character is strictly worse in combat, while having much easier time sneaking through maps.
>>
>>389844617

>Quid

Top lad, CEX are top tier for games that aren't "GOTY" material.

Did you stop off at Greggs?
>>
>>389843928
oh come on!
there is not much sjw bullshit there
if i remember it right
(but Anita should be shoot)
>>
>>389839805
Blatant feminist agenda
>>
>>389845070
theres not one in londonderry im afraid
>>
>>389839805
God tier level design
>>
>>389839805
Bad story.
>>
>>389845138
>>389845261
>>389845316

Is this accurate?
>>
File: 2kVt7Zn.gif (2MB, 264x215px) Image search: [Google]
2kVt7Zn.gif
2MB, 264x215px
>>389839805
>Besides shit performance
Completed the pirated version without any performance issues whatsoever, guess they have fixed those after the release?
Really liked the game although it felt way too short to me.
Completed both a stealth and a non-stealth run and I honestly don't understand how people like playing these types of games with all guns blazing, it was way too easy that way, even on the highest difficulty setting.
Looking forward to the DLC.
>>
File: IMG_1006.jpg (310KB, 1400x814px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1006.jpg
310KB, 1400x814px
>>389844257
>>389844812
>>389845071
>>
>>389845261
If you like good level design, give Styx: Shards of Darkness a try.
>>
the games really fun and excessively replayable
i 100%'d it, and eventually got round to doing a run with no powers, max difficulty, pacifist and ghost which was hella fun
>>
>>389845554
>Blatant feminist agenda
No.
>God tier level design
Yes.
>Bad story.
It's generic, but the world building and lore around the game is second to none.
>>
i realy like the setting
and almost everything else
>>
Most levels were underwhelming. Clockwork Mansion really isn't all that impressive past the first 3 rooms. The non-lethal options to neutralzie targets were lames.
>>
>>389845168
>living somewhere with no greggs
How do you not kill yourself every day?
>>
>>389846372

>clockwork mansion

I honestly found it to be the shittest level. As soon as you find out you have to go behind the walls the entire mission is laughably easy. I do think the clockwork soldiers are shit too, they're either stupid or OP.
>>
>>389843928
I always found it weird Corvo was the only main character at one point. As it is, Corvo's story is just fixing Emily's problems for her.
>>
>>389846553
Ignorance is bliss.
Ill keep an eye out for it next time im in Belfast.

Whats the go to for Greggs any way?
>>
>>389839805
The 1st one was better
>>
>>389839805
Better level design than the first game, worse story.

Emily added very little to the game.
>>
>>389847036
I like the sausage rolls so much I actually started buying them from Iceland. The diet isn't going so well.
>>
>>389847284
sounds good then, though, sausage rolls near give me a heart attack at times.

good luck on the diet senpai
>>
>>389847263

In what ways was the level design better?
>>
>>389839805
I got to the mansion and dropped it, fuck robots man I want to sneak around humans
>>
>>389848328
They're even more open-ended and vertical
>>
>>389849215

Based anon
The robots were shit
>>
>>389847036
>>389847284
The sausage and bean breakfast slices my dudes, they are the bomb desu.
>>
>>389839805
Great level design
Too easy, I managed no kill ghost run with no bother
I still prefer Prey but it's a good game
>>
>>389843642
I did ghost with no powers, it's quite fun if you're up for it and not so hard once you get used to the tricks you can use (but mostly just ignoring enemies). Takes time though ofc
>>
>>389840116
NEVER DOUBT IT!
>>
Worse setting and story than the first one, just as good at atmosphere, better level design and gameplay. Second best game of 2016, in my opinion. Enjoyed it a lot. 8/10
>>
Performance is better now though
>>
>>389850862
Still pretty bad.
>>
>roadblock to mansion
>no one guards the gate controls
>it's a combination lock

how incompetent can they be
>>
>>389839805
Great game
>>
>>389846047
>It's generic, but the world building and lore around the game is second to none.
Fucking The Surge has a generic story, Dishonored 2 writing is just god awful and you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Only redeeming aspects of it are the things it directly copies from the first game and even then it somehow menages to retcon or contradict half of those things.
Its quite clear that the games lore can be attributed to a comparative afford by the entire studio and that they 3 main writers credited with writing the first game have no fucking clue as to what exactly the game was about.
And while the Death of Outsider the biggest lore butchering i saw so far and the fainal death nail in teh series is finished up by 4 new writers, all 4 women, most of the work and the idea for came in afct from the that hack Harvey Smith and the 2 other old read writers.
>>389845554
Pretty much.
Great level design, just beyond awful story, some left over brilliance of first game lore and the nonsensical secondary protagonists that is Emily, that feels like she was shoved in 3 moths before going gold after the game was made.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.