[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

File: AI.png (2MB, 1128x1140px) Image search: [Google]
AI.png
2MB, 1128x1140px
Who was the best?
>>
AM is perfection.
>>
Shodan is perfection.
>>
File: jswxMum.jpg (234KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jswxMum.jpg
234KB, 800x1000px
The Patriots are perfection.
>>
File: 1495802457302.png (233KB, 493x526px) Image search: [Google]
1495802457302.png
233KB, 493x526px
Your picture lacks N2.
>>
File: 1500672228383.jpg (26KB, 586x434px) Image search: [Google]
1500672228383.jpg
26KB, 586x434px
ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Glados is a qtpie and held off an alien race capable of creating dyson spheres with booby traps and sass. She is best
>>
Of all of those Mother Brain would probably be the most powerful and overwrite all of the other programs.
>>
File: 1486510705596.png (244KB, 389x395px) Image search: [Google]
1486510705596.png
244KB, 389x395px
Shodan
Duh
>>
>>389839742
Why does the tau empire count as an AI?
>>
Durandal just wanted to escape the universe and be free from retarded organics and live forever. And you know what, I respect that.
>>
File: Marathon.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Marathon.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>389841101
That's the logo from Marathon, a Bungie game from 1994
>>
>>389839742
AM.

AM only lost in the game to give players a win state. In the short story, he was totally omnipotent and effectively omnipresent.

>>389840832
N2 is shit. Couldn't even beat Emil.
>>
>>389839742
Any other answer than Shodan is wrong
>>
AM > Shodan > The rest
>>
>>389840879
>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>389841217
The concept of AM is horrifying
>>
>>389841241
Shodan had no real power. Especially compared to AM.
>>
>>389841217
>Couldn't even beat Emil.
It actually trashed him so much majority of clones are either dead or went completely mad from endless war and became uncontrollable, and Emil himself is kinda already forgotten when the game takes place.
>>
>>389841096
It's not like I'm giving you these cybernetic modules because I like you or anything... b-baka!
>>
>>389839742
Anyone except yes man
>>
>>389841572
Fuck you, Shodan is muh Ai waifu

Nah, for real, AM is great but Shodan was scarier and more memorable. At leasst for me
>>
File: DC7mhmYXUAE4T5B.jpg (48KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
DC7mhmYXUAE4T5B.jpg
48KB, 598x598px
I'm probably the only one who liked Wheatley, though when game was released i still was young and easy to impress. It was really sad to see him go mad and listen to post-credit scene.
Glados and Patriots AI were great too, still haven't played system shock but i know that Shodan sounds pretty hot.
>>
>>389841931
>Portal 2
>Was young
Anon confirmed underage b&
>>
>>389839742
Shodan is a clear example of why we don't make humans -> AI because the results are never good SS1 anyway, SS2 in general seems off writing wise
Gladios is just a poor man's Shodan and not even close to as interesting
AM is a fucking god, and a very clear example of why gods do not care for humans in any fashion. In the short story there was no possible win state vs him, and in the game they only had such an option to allow the player to even 'beat' the game in some fashion, but even then the final ending suggests it wasn't worth it...
Patriots is /pol/ if they had any refinement. So go to /pol/ and just pretend they are using better grammar for the same thing.
Mother is just a boss and no good reason for being on here.
>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!
>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!
>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!
>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!
>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!
Yes Man is more true towards how AI would end up in earnest, needing a true advisor to run and work and not really being able to take charge much in it's own right.
>>
>>389842123
Yeah SS2's writing always seemed really eh to me
>>
>>389840894
Where did that happen?
>>
>>389839742
shodan and icarus/helios
icarus had some really creepy and memorable moments like that telephone call or emails
man deus ex was really too perfect for this world
>>
>>389842216

The problem with SS2 is that it had to involve Shodan. What it should have done is push the Many as the primary threat and have Shodans reveal at the end without a boss fight. Have you opt to destroy the ships by overloading the entire engine/reactor/whatever and dying in the process, thus limiting Shodan to whatever she uploaded to the escape shuttle.

Shodan was really unneeded in the sequel as a thing that happened. If you just got the messages from the woman constantly with the occasional glitch with her voice as happened then it'd have been better and once you got to the end, you have Shodan go 'Good job fag, Imma run this shit now' as the Many brain goes 'yeah you fucked up. We wanted unity, she wants extermination. Might want to deal with that shit but we tried warning you'. Her being relevant as the character drive for half the game was just boring and made you go 'well we are fucked either way' if you knew about the first game.
>>
AM is a dumb villain.

Sure he can give a speech like nobody else, but he's functionally retarded. AM hates people because they built a great mind without a body to express it. A superintelligence that controls the entire planet with what basically amounts to magic should in no way be limited by its initial hardware specifications. Unless you think teleportation, necromancy, and turning humans into completely different species on the spot is scientifically sound, but building a remote controlled robot is not.
AM's motivations are only rivaled in their contrivance by his weaknesses.
>>
>>389840404
about the only good thing in that garbage ass game
>>
>>389840641
Never read that before. That's a good one.
>>
>>389840894
Explain further.
>>
>>389840832
This is a terrible character from a terrible story.
>>
File: rip.jpg (55KB, 718x449px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
55KB, 718x449px
>>
>>389842734
They specifically built AM so he couldn't expand that way. It's an intrinsic part of his programming that was established to just be a war computer. This resulted in him being pissed as fuck that humans fucked up so he went Skynet on them and kept advancing within his loosely defined parameters.

He's functionally a well written SHODAN because he can operate in a certain area but can't act against core principles.
>>
>>389842225
after the 7 Hour War the Combine tried to lock down every research facility
we don't know exactly how it played out, although according to the leak the Combine did reach the dry dock. Glados must have beaten them though because they sure didn't get Aperture's portal tech
>>
>>389842225
>>389843110
Portal 2 takes place hundreds of years in the future, during which the Combine was in total control of the Earth, yet they never made it into Aperture Labs.
>>
File: IMG_8059.jpg (42KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8059.jpg
42KB, 960x960px
>>389840879
>>
File: dalek.gif (115KB, 580x427px) Image search: [Google]
dalek.gif
115KB, 580x427px
the daleks would take them all out with only three daleks
>>
>>389843156
No, it's actually a pretty neat interpretation of the concept of almighty AI from a game with extremely solid story.
>>
File: Samus Disgust.jpg (160KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Samus Disgust.jpg
160KB, 680x680px
>>389841931
>though when game was released i still was young and easy to impress.
I know that at some point I will have to accept the passage of time. But right now? I feel disgust.
>>
Has there ever been an opening line in a video game that can rival "HATE"?
>>
>>389843246
Again, contrivance. Why say 'don't improve yourself' but not say 'don't kill us'?
You do raise a good point though.
>>
>>389840832
This, N2 is awesome

>Splits machines into subculture solely to study their evolution as a society
>Always gives the androids just enough slack to pull through and continue to drive their evolution
>Hateboner for 9S to surpass Adam's
>In the end he just achieves enlightenment and decides to leave Earth to explore the stars of his own accord
>Smug anime girl user pic
>>
>>389843496
you are only 23 stop being so dramatic im 30 for christ sake
>>
>>389843384
daleks aren't ai's thou
they're little mutant squids piloting space tanks
>>
AM is by far the most successful and most disturbing out of all of these choices. It wins by a landslide.
>>
>>389839742
Mother Brain and Yes Man don't seem like they fit in. MB barely has presence aside from ending and is biological, while Yes Man isn't an antagonist.
>>
>>389843617
Not him but I'm 23 and always feel disgusted when I see those young posters on /v/

How do you stay mentally sane when you see childhood nostalgia threads about stuff like gears of war or hell, minecraft even.
>>
>>389843758
Is Mother Brain even an AI?
>>
>>389843758
Mother Brain controls everything on Zebes, even if its not made apparent, its the supercomputer running everything.
>>
File: VS2.png (2MB, 1949x1434px) Image search: [Google]
VS2.png
2MB, 1949x1434px
How about this?
>>
While the rest all in one way or another serve as great high concept speculative sci-fi ideas about how AI could act in the future, the Patriots are my favourite. Not because they're necessarily in any way better. But because their motives, actions and capabilities are relevant now and have been for years. >>389840641

Current AIs don't have anywhere near the same kind of self awareness, but what the Patriots describe is happening now through things like search engines, social media platforms like facebook and probably a bunch of government programs and other corporate shit we don't know about. And though they're rudimentary compared to the patriots, AI neural networks are doing that shit right now.

While it sounded pretty crazy at first, especially in 2001. The Patriots are real, and that makes them more terrifying and effective to me.
>>
I guess AM is objectively the most powerful.

My personal favorite is Icarus/Daedalus/Helios though.
>>
>>389843854
Yes actually, it's just an organic artifical intelligence rather than a mechanical or digital one.
>>
File: 1257336695058.jpg (183KB, 1099x800px) Image search: [Google]
1257336695058.jpg
183KB, 1099x800px
>>389843910
Nids eat everything as usual
>>
>>389843781
becuase i remember when i made nostalgic content about things like buffy or sg1 while people who where nostalgic about star wars got disgusted
>>
>>389843910
>Placing Zerg, Tyranids and the Flood on the same side

Why don't you throw in X-parasite and necromorphs for good measure? They're already unstoppable, but we could see how overpowered we could make the resulting abominations.
>>
>>389843910
The Flood are by far the most efficient at converting and accumulating biomass of the three antagonists there. However the Tyranids have the most effective combat forms. A team up of the Flood as a labour/infection force and the Tyranids as front like fighters would be a nightmare.

The Zerg don't really add much being weaker than the Tyranids and less efficient than the flood, but don't take away anything either. They're fine.

In terms of the humies the Spartan IIs might as well not be there. They're comparable to Karskins of the IG, not Space Marines. And as Elite as the Karskins might be by IG standard they'd get utterly fucked by a Tyranid/Flood horde. The Space Marines would basically be deciding factor as the best figthers of the three, the Terrans would be useful as support unlike the Spartans. But it would be down to the Space Marines.

Honestly I think the hordes would shitstomp the humans in this scenario though. Those SMs aren't even wearing helmets, any exposed skin with no energy shields is pretty much instant flood conversion, and then you have Flood imperium space marines turning mid fight soon to become shaped into Tyranid warmachines. The SMs would wize up pretty quick and wear fully sealed armor, but they're still gonna lose.
>>
>>389844640
To be fair, the Mjolnir combat armor makes the Spartans a bit better than Kasrkins. It can withstand entry from orbit and the wearer can even survive, which is pretty damn impressive.
>>
>>389844829
...point taken, when you put it like that they're pretty hardcore. But they just ain't on Space Marine level. They'd probably make pretty good highly mobile long range support and work for some small squad behind enemy lines black ops style attacks. Vehicle operators too, general logistics and scouting.
>>
>>389844640
>Karskins
It's Kasrkin, otherwise it'd sound like "car skins"
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.