[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you play a game like this? In every mission, sometimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: mgsv.jpg (23KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
mgsv.jpg
23KB, 460x215px
How do you play a game like this? In every mission, sometimes you're bound to alert an enemy, and then the whole base goes into alarm mode and all your progress is for nothing. Do you just start over all the time? Do you go inch by inch, taking 4 hours for a mission? I feel like I'm playing the game wrong if I'm being detected all the time and just have to shoot everybody.
>>
Getting discovered and trying to save it is a fun part for me. I sneak through inch by inch taking my time then if I get discovered I try my absolute best to stay alive and hide again.
>>
>>389837542
I hate to say it, but just git gud.
It gives you plenty of chances to scout your path. Do that and just avoid enemies.
>>
MGSV handles escalation so well. It's more like a carefully crafted plan slowly falling apart and forcing you to go louder and louder. I tend to go perfect stealth until I get spotted, then drop them with non-lethal. From then on, I go non-lethal until I get spotted by somebody that I can't take down with darts, and then it's silenced lethal until my silencer runs out. The game works at every pace, and it's so forgiving that you could just run loud every mission and still complete them.
>>
>>389837828

But if you get spotted once, they never leave "alarm mode" right?
>>
>>389837542
Honestly sounds like you're not taking enough time. Take a look what gadgets you have developed and spam the mark feature of your binoculars.
You'll be raiding bases with empty mags only once you get comfortable with the movement and how guards react.
>>
Once you get d-dog the game becomes a joke, he spots every soldier in the base and then you can just go around headshotting with the tranq rifle and fultoning, honestly its one of the easiest stealth games ever, after you get used to the controls and how far people can see you'll just run in and fulton everyone with no problems

and use reflex mode, the whole base knowing your exact location the second they get a whiff of you is BS
>>
>>389838374

But in every base there's a "middle" area that you can't scout from either side where you won't be able to mark people, right?

Do you usually have 100% marked in every mission?
>>
>>389838363
They absolutely do, unless you're getting spotted constantly. It takes 2 minutes or so after breaking contact.
>>
>>389838575
>the game becomes a joke
>use reflex mode
oh lawdy
>>
>>389838596
Take the dog, it's the equivalent of the EZ gun on MGS 3 but if you're struggling it works
>>
>>389837542
Nah, don't fuckin restart man. Just go slow, marking enemies and using the sonar fist to scout, stealth your way through, if you're about to be found out, try to save it, if you get caught smoke bomb away like a fuckin magician and go back into stealth. They'll be in caution mode, but if you break line of sight and get away, they're not just gonna know where you are.

Really though, just decide what you like to do, you can play how you like, pure stealth, pure action, or a combination. The game makes you infiltrate each base like 3 times over so you'll gitgud from sheer base knowledge eventually. Restarting is some gay shit imo
>>
>>389838596
I don't scout anymore, because I either know the patrol positions or I know how to react to them.
Tranquilizer, Empty Magazine, Cardboard Box, a C4 Planted on the other side of the Base, your arm ability's or calling in your buddy. You have plenty of options.
>>
>>389838575
>reflex mode
Need I say it?
>>
C4 is pretty great if you expect to get spotted. Put it on something important, or something random, it doesn't matter. When you get spotted, shoot the guy who spotted you and then blow the C4, the guards will split up between the explosion site and where you got spotted.
>>
>>389838643

Is there any indication when they leave alarm mode?

Also, do you just stare at the screen for 2 minutes?
>>
>>389840697
You sneak away without being seen. I'm not sure what's so difficult to grasp here.
>>
>>389837542
I had the same problem before getting the dog, sonar, and rocket punch. Every mission I would have one god damn guard I didn't see left and he would discover me. Just mark everyone and sonar. It gets easy
>>
Sometimes I roleplay as a guy who is a zombie wannabe. His fetish is being a zombie, so I make a deal with quiet to give her a huge supply of cigs and nicotine patches if she helps out. Quiet is equipped with a silenced lethal sniper, and I run up behind people and grab them, I then order quiet to shoot them on the head and imagine my zombie fetish character opens his mouth and quiet blows their brains out, sending a few chunks of brain into my characters mouth. Then do this until he is full and go home.
>>
my save file corrupted at 35 hours in. Suffice to say I will never complete this game, got it for free with my gpu so ehh.
>>
>>389840697
I go hide and use the time to listen to cassettes
>>
Holy shit, a MGSV thread with actual advice on gameplay instead of most of the comments being just trolling.

Is this what happens when the kids aren't awake?
>>
>>389840697
>Stare at an empty space and do nothing while soldiers are constantly on the move.
What the hell are you thinking
>>
Playing without buddy and no reflex mode is true way to play this game
>>
>>389837542
Are you for fucking real?
Phantom Pain, while it has the deepest stealth mechanics I've seen in any game, has babby's first level design. Use the sneaking suit, fulton guards, tranquilize/cqc not kill, use NVG, start missions at night, scout out areas with Int-Scope...
Common fucking sense. GIT GUD.
>>
>>389840697
I like to hide in the cardboard box, and slowly move around corners until they give up trying to find me. Or get behind them by going around buildings or rocks and then picking them off one by one in CQC based on whoever is in the back of the group.

Silly patrols are always checking forward and never looking back.
>>
>>389843353
If you constantly go on night missions, they start to use night vision goggles. But I do use NVG even on day missions, just to scout for soldiers before going in.
>>
I only go lethal when shit's extremely fucked up. Try doing nonlethal approaches like the tranquilizer
>>
>>389838709

it counters the instant base alert bullshit, it's like they put in reflex mode because they realised what a mistake they made by not making you be able to take them out before they call for back up, fuck having everyone know where i am instantly
>>
>>389844043
I have sometimes been able to react quick enough without reflex mode to knock out an enemy who's spotted me before he raises the alarm. Git gud.
>>
File: 1504980711508.jpg (518KB, 2048x2047px) Image search: [Google]
1504980711508.jpg
518KB, 2048x2047px
>Having trouble trying to S a couple missions
>Give up and turn on Reflex and went Lethal
>Easily S all of them
>>
>>389843942
I went lethal rage mode once. I wasn't aware of the adaptive AI, and how to counter it. So by the last few levels of the game the enemies had: full body armor; full helmets, gas masks, and nightvision. And riot shields. Fucking riot shields. Couldn't use tranqs, because can't penetrate full helmets and body armor. Only total stealth, and CQC. But if I got caught, I could only CQC enemies near by, and if they had shields, I had to try to maneuver around the shileds to get their backs.

Eventually I got pissed off and ordered a lethal weapons supply drop. I was running around spraying them with assault rifles, double tapping their heads with the sniper rifle (once to knock the helmet off, a second to kill), but eventually I was like "fuck all that" and called in another supply drop and was just lobbing grenades and using a rocket launcher.

It was super satisfying to watch 7 or 8 bodies go flying in the air after landing a rocket right in the bunker behind the heavy mounted weapon they were all hiding behind. Let's see your armor save you from that, I thought to myself.

Then later I did some research and discovered the combat deployment system and the sabotage missions, and was able to go back to non-lethal.
>>
>>389844043
>what a mistake they made by not making you be able to take them out before they call for back up
You literally get two seconds to knock the enemy out compared to GZ.
>>
>>389844302
No you haven't. If it hasn't gone into reflex mode, they haven't spotted you. You knocked them out when you were just within range for them to see "something" but not to identify it as a hostile.
>>
>>389844459
>If it hasn't gone into reflex mode.
That's my point, the reflex mode was off. I've just gotten used to essentially doing what reflex mode allows you to do but in real time.
>>
>>389844459
You can KO enemies at any point during their "surprise" animation and it won't trigger an alert whether reflex is on or off.

In fact, you can just knock them down during that animation and it won't trigger an alert, you only get an alert when they start doing combat animations

For fun you can bully the AI by constantly diving into them while they're helplessly trying to detect you.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.