[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Fahrenheit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

What are your thoughts on Fahrenheit?
>>
>>389834724
A good idea taken in a horrible direction. Every David Cage is this.
>>
Started off really strong but went off the rails halfway through. Become Human will probably do the same.
>>
Cool until it became shitty Matrix.
>>
File: htmlconvd-El68Mq3x1.jpg (148KB, 860x673px) Image search: [Google]
htmlconvd-El68Mq3x1.jpg
148KB, 860x673px
>>389834724
Hate/10
>>
>>389834724
the first half of the game is fucking amazing

the second half of the game is just writers doing way too much crack
>>
first game I ever pirated
enjoyed it going in blind
replays are lackluster, it's objectively a bad game, even the first 2 acts
>>
File: fahrenheit.gif (3MB, 376x283px) Image search: [Google]
fahrenheit.gif
3MB, 376x283px
>gameplay consists of simon says
>one of the main points were the "choices matter" concept
>they don't matter, if you pick the one that's not right the game just ends

It's atrocious.
>>
>>389834724
Enjoyed the first half for the intrigue, then had a great time laughing at the second half. Only played it recently for a couple bucks, my opinion would be very different had I bought it full price on release.
>>
Better than Heavy Rain
>>
>>389835094

The gameplay is identical (trash) throughot the game. How can the first half be better?
You're going to say the story is better, but it's generic mystery shit and only retards look for stories in videogames.
>>
In retrospect, it was terrible but new and exciting at the time.
>>
>>389835476
Heavy Rain was at least totally consistent. It never devolved into a DBZ battle with the physical embodiment of the internet
>>
>>389834724
It was kino before it turned into the Matrix.
>>
>>389835508
Wrong. The part where you had to hide the evidence as the cop is banging on your door was a very well done bit of building tension.
It was only later where the game devolved into cinematic Matrix fights with Simon Says laid on top.
>>
>>389834724
>best intro of any game
>good first part
>then fucking second part happens
So bad.
>>
>>389835853

That's one 2 minute long segment whose gameplay consists of wiggling a button or mouse. Then the remaining 99% of the game that come "later" are shit as you admit.
>>
>>389835756
Fahrenheit felt like a living world and had lots to do and explore, HR was a shitty murder mystery with a lot of consistency problems
>>
Absolutely loved it when it came out
>>
>>389834724
the intro was really really good
probably the first time I felt stress in a game
>>
>>389836651

>lots to do and to explore
Name the things you could do and "explore".
>>
>>389835927
>suddenly its like a seperate team who didnt have any knowledge of the first half took over.
>THAT ROMANCE SUBPLOT THAT MATERIALIZES OUT OF THIN AIR AS IF THEY FORGOT THEY NEEDED ONE!
>>
>>389837478
Not to mention, Lucas is practically a living corpse at that point? The chick even mentions that he feels cold as fuck?

Like did nobody mention that "hey, this is very out of place and creepy as fuck since he just died and she literally lampshades it?"
>>
>>389837405
In comparison to HR
>>
I enjoyed trynna play guitar so that I could fuck my ex.
Then wiggling the stick around to simulate how bad in bed I am.
>>
Terrible, but still one of the better games in its genre because it's so bad it's good, where most others are just bad.
>>
>>389834724
I remember playing this game at release but I don't even know what it's about.
There was some conspiracy stuff then some demon badass came out of fucking nowhere and the hero was a zombie.
The only scene I distinctively remember is the intro in the dinner.
>>
First two acts are amazing, great story and really great characters. But then Lucas started fist fighting the internet itself or some shit like that, and it became hot garbage. Shame, it could've been a consistently great story.
>>
>>389834724
The only part of it worth playing is the very beginning where you try to cover up a murder you did in a trance. After the first hour or so you can drop it because the gameplay is shit and the story disappears up its own asshole towards the end.
>>
>>389834724
Great start, enticing first half, complete trainwreck second half.
It's a bit like shounen anime - they start with a premise that despite following a formula usually offers some enticing personal twists, but as soon as you're really into it it starts degenerating into pointless complexity and power level spikes, with the story taking an indefinite backseat.
>>
DUDE BUGS
DUDE MAYANS
DUDE CHRISTAN IMAGERY
DUDE SPECIAL FORCES
DUDE HOBOS
DUDE CYBER DEMONS
L M A O
M
A
O
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.