[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need your input on my game recommendation project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: sample2.gif (4MB, 1396x500px) Image search: [Google]
sample2.gif
4MB, 1396x500px
I'm starting an animated gif series, pic related is just one sample. Missing is the name, some details and icons to people can easily check what genre, players,etc of the game. One gif will have at least 5 to 10.
>>
What was the question?
>>
Well, the left part is very distracting to me, because of how many pictures are flashed in rapid order.
>>
>>389833250
This
5 to 10 of what?
>>
Don't you have anything better to be doing with your life anon?
>>
>>389833185
If the layout is okay.
>>389833404
Yup. That will be static.
>5 to 10
5 to 10 games in one gif.
>>
>>389833104
No
Center the large one around the others
>>
>>389833818
I will try this.
>>
File: 111111111.png (8KB, 400x524px) Image search: [Google]
111111111.png
8KB, 400x524px
>>389833104
I think my post lack detail so this is what I am trying to do.
>>
>>389833104
Jesus christ, slow down the left picture, it's WAY to fast.

Also put it in the middle or underneath everything, otherwise it looks like we're supposed to watch it left to right.
>>
>>389834357
>slow down the left picture
That will be static with only the start game pic as I realize now that having it animated is quite redundant when the small ones already show gameplay.
>Also put it in the middle or underneath everything, otherwise it looks like we're supposed to watch it left to right.
I'm trying to do this >>389834341
>>
File: Game Overview.png (10KB, 1036x427px) Image search: [Google]
Game Overview.png
10KB, 1036x427px
>>389834460
Don't do it for game recommendations, just make it so that it's a quick view into the game.
>>
File: 2222222222.jpg (60KB, 1036x427px) Image search: [Google]
2222222222.jpg
60KB, 1036x427px
>>389835375
How about this. Below blurbs are the icons(manual reading needed, 2 players,etc) and what #1/series is this game also listed
>>
was it autism?
>>
>>389835956
Put all the icons up in the top left or top right, it makes it much easier to read - it's a matter of putting functionality before form here. Putting it below the blurb can make it messy and easy to miss or harder to read.

You want to draw someone in when they start looking at the image, then slowly feed them more information as they look further down the image. Stuff at the top is more easily accessible than stuff at the bottom. Blurb at the bottom is a great idea because of exactly this.

So name in the top left (possibly even title screen in with the name or to the side of it) as it's the first thing people see, then they'll see the images when they look a little lower (giving them more information about what to expect from the game) and then the blurb at the bottom (given more information that requires more focus to read). Put the icons in the top right, so that it's easily accessible for once someone decides they want to know very quickly what system/players/etc.
>>
File: 3333333333.jpg (63KB, 1036x427px) Image search: [Google]
3333333333.jpg
63KB, 1036x427px
>>389837081
Like this.

Name first to catch attention, pictures/gifs next to demonstrate the game, blurb at the bottom after you've intrigued them, and icons at the top right so that no matter where you've gotten to in the picture, it's easy to find out how to play the game and other basics about it.
>>
Hey OP what program do you use?
>>
>>389837081
>>389837593
Putting all the icons on the top side corner will make the corner a little distracting as I will use a lot of them. I think the platform and maybe the players is enough for that side as some of the icons are important if you are interested on the game but not if you're not interested. Like imagine if the game is dragon warrior 1 nes. An uninterested person will not need to know that it's an RPGbut an interested on will probably need to check the icons like the "manual reading needed" icon or "will take this long to finish" icon or etc.

Also the blurbs are not exactly just descriptions. Will include some basic tips and links if it's free like for mods/etc.
>>
>>389837843
For edits? Photoshop/gimp
>>
>>389833104
Mario is a platformer and none of those gifs involve any platforming...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.