[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this, what order do I play the rest of the games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: cover_medium.jpg (125KB, 575x485px) Image search: [Google]
cover_medium.jpg
125KB, 575x485px
I know 4,5 and 6 but are the spinoffs Layton and Investigations worth playing and when should I play them?
>>
Play Investigations 1 and 2 and never touch the rest of the series.
>>
>>389826767
No, don't play them. The time skip will ruin the series for you.
>>
>>389826767
The crossover with Layton while not canon supposedly takes places in between cases of T&T (due to Maya shouting zvarri a couple of times) and has kind of a shitty ending, so take it only if you feel you can digest it.
I'd suggest Apollo Justice first (so you'll have to deal with the worst in the franchise so far immediately), then the investigations games, and then Dual Destinies/Spirit of Justice.
>>
Investigations 2 is arguably the best one of the series
>>
>>389826767
Just do release order.
>>
>>389827119
fpbp
>>
>>389827119
>>389827181

Don't believe these two memelords. Just play them in release order. That is 4 > AAI1 > AAI2 > DD > SoJ in order.
>>
>>389826767
Just play Ghost Trick
>>
>>389827205
Do you need to know anything about the Layton games to still enjoy the ace attorney side of the game?
>>
>>389826767
play layton spinoff, then Investigations 1 and 2, then 4, 5 ,6
>>
>>389827742
no
>>
>>389827205
>not canon
It is though, in both universes
>>
Do we have a specific release date for Apollo Justice 3DS in November yet?
>>
>>389827205
>has kind of a shitty ending
If you dont like layton endings then yes, but it was a pretty standard layton ending
>>
Investigations 2 is the best game in the series so you definitely should play that one at least
>>
>>389828041
It should have just stopped at the "magic's not real" bit and elaborate that. As soon as the Storyteller starts his testimony, everything goes to shit and just leaves so many plotholes (how did the Godoor spell worked? How did witches managed to do all that shit in London at the beginning of the game? How can noone percieve the passage of time after recovering from the silver-inducing paralysis? And so on) that are so jarring, even compared to the traditional Layton games (the only twists i didn't liked honestly were the ones of Azran's Legacy)
>>
>>389827643
I mean hes not wrong if you dont want to deal with shit that wastes your time then you should just play investingations
>>
How about Dai Gyakuten Saiban ?
>>
>>389826767
Release order.
>>
>>389828773
Yeah these are pretty fair points. It doesn't matter how the godoor spell worked though.
The whole idea is that they could make them believe anything because they were knocked out during the whole thing. We just have to assume that they can't perceive passage of time. The shit that happened in london makes absolutely no sense though.

And yeah the storyteller's testimony was really jarring if you didn't already suspect something like that to happen. I didn't.

>>389828982
If you can read japanese go right ahead
>>
>>389828982
Have fun waiting for Capcom to stop posting """"memes"""" and actually fucking do what fans want them to do.
>>
I just finished 4 last night

holy hell what the fuck was up with all these plot holes holy shit in case 2/4
>>
>>389829708
yeah, it's a shame they couldn't let apollo be the main character in his own game and had to go full retard in the end to try to justify it
>>
What was the nature of Franziska's relationship with Adrian Andrews?
>>
File: 1459269949574.png (385KB, 511x601px) Image search: [Google]
1459269949574.png
385KB, 511x601px
>>389829708
the whole game is a mess
the third case in particular is my most hated case in the entire series
nothing makes any sense at all
the defendant (who is thought to be blind until it's revealed otherwise) supposedly killed his bodyguard, a trained interpol agent, with a gun he couldn't have gotten, wouldn't know how to use, couldn't fire without seriously hurting himself, from an angle that is impossible for him to fire from, for no apparent reason
i realize that ace attorney games often have the defendant be the suspect for dubious reasons but even with the evidence at the start of the first day it's plainly obvious that it would be nearly impossible for the suspect to have committed the crime

it literally broke my suspension of disbelief and it didn't help matters that said defendant is an annoying piece of shit, lamiroir withholds information from you for no good reason, the best character in the case ended up being the killer, and the music puzzles are tedious and time consuming
the fourth case could have been the best thing on earth (i didn't like that case either for different reasons) and i still would have been angry at the game
>>
>>389831525
oh yeah I meant 3/4, not 2

my most hated is still the steel samurai from 1, all that back and forth in the studio was such a fucking drag
>>
>>389828773
The magic in London was the worst part, there's no way that should've happened
>>
>>389831591
1-3 setting was a bit boring, but at least the premise for the case was somewhat solid. 4-3 was just horrible in terms of why the defendant was charged
>>
>>389828982
well, you can play the case 1 if your 3DS is hacked
>>
>>389831823
They make it a pain in the ass to pirate right?
>>
>>389831928
not really, there's a Luma patch up at 3dsiso
you just need to move a few files, enable game patching and you're set
>>
>>389828982
never
ever

has the best music in the series too, what a waste
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-03-17-23-01.png (1MB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-03-17-23-01.png
1MB, 1080x810px
Edgeworth Investigations 2 was the best in the series, and I'm not saying that just because it was never released in the West, and is thus the most obscure title.

The unofficial translation is God-tier, tho.
>>
>>389833361
I agree, the translation was excellent.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.