[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the end, we can all agree that Dragon Age Origins is much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 15

File: witcher-v-dragon age.jpg (450KB, 1426x1270px) Image search: [Google]
witcher-v-dragon age.jpg
450KB, 1426x1270px
In the end, we can all agree that Dragon Age Origins is much better than Witcher 3: The Wild Downgrade right?
>>
>>389823387
I will honestly never understand the Witcher craze. It is incredibly mediocre on all fronts except maybe graphics.
>>
Okay
>>
>>389823889
Boobs, graphics and a big open world is how you hook normalfags who hate actual RPGs.
>>
>>389823387
Well yes, it is better, but it's an action game so
>>
Why would you compare an RPG with an action game?
>>
>>389824718
Witcher 3 is listed as an RPG game.
>>
>>389824760
And yet it really isn't one.
>>
There's nothing better than a consolized UI. Whenever I play one of those "for the master race only" kind of games. The UI is dogshit garbage, and then, I have to come on here and listen to people actually defending the shit they call "good ui". Old PC games have become unplayable because of this. You guys tend to overrate the bad shit we all left behind, rightfully so.
>>
>>389824541
What happened to the rest of your post?
>>
>>389825035
A good PC interface is objectively faster than a dumbed down and slow console interface. Just compare the Witcher 1 interface to Witcher 3 interface and you'll see.
>>
>>389825168
Witcher UI hasn't changed much.
>>
The big difference is Witcher has been a themepark RPG since the first one.
The story is set with just enough wiggle room for you to let you feel as if you made an impact in your actions.

Dragon Age Origins is a build your adventure type of RPG. Much more traditional.

Both are good in their way
>>
kill off a character in DA:O
import save to DA2
said character is alive again
lead writer's defense is literally BUT YOU DIDN'T CHECK HER PULSE
>even though her corpse was incinerated and exploded?
DING DONG BANNU TRORRU
>>
>>389825338
>DA2
Not part of the argument. We can all agree it's bad. But Witcher 3 does the same to many choices in W2 aswell. Either way, it's not relevant when discussing Origins in itself.
>>
Biodrones are out in full force tonight.
>>
>>389825338
>Witcher 2
>Kill Henselt
>Don't kill Henselt
>I'm sure this will impact the later games like they sai......
>Doesn't fucking matter he dies anyway.
>>
I was very fanboyish on Witcher, I bought collectors editions for W2 and W3, and Witcher 3 was probably the last game I will ever anticipate.

And I agree. Witcher 3 had amazing graphics , atmosphere and good visual world scale and design.

However it was very weak on the gameplay and story front, Dragon Age was far better at those things. Witcher 3 story wasn't THAT bad, but I expected something on the level of Witcher 2,or at least Witcher 1. What I got was something on the level of modern Assassins Creed.
Not only that but the choices were either completely retarded or completely obvious and one sided . And there was barely any moral ambiguity.

In fact characters from the last games were made into cartoonish villains for no reason I can see. And that's what the game was supposed to be good at.
>>
I only liked W3 for Ciri, the rest was medicore at best. Oh and the OST was great.
>>
I enjoy the gameplay of tcRPGs more than W3s shitty, exploitable, click-em-to-death gameplay. While both are long games, DAO has far less 'fluff' of running around like an errand boy, doing busywork for filler quests.

On the other hand, W3 doesn't look like vaseline-smeared shit and its high points, while few and very far apart, trump DAOs consistently 'okay-to-eh' storytelling.
>>
File: 1505022550472.jpg (407KB, 634x953px) Image search: [Google]
1505022550472.jpg
407KB, 634x953px
>in order of enjoyment

Witcher 2=Witcher 1 > Dragon Age Origins >>> Dragon Age Inquisition =Witcher 3 >Dragon Age 2
>>
>>389827467
> while few and very far apart, trump DAOs consistently 'okay-to-eh' storytelling.

I don't really agree with this, DAO had better overarching plot, more well developed characters (only developed Witcher characters were Yennefer and Baron), way better villains, better more logical world-building, didn't have plot holes and didn't have annoying retcons of previous games and books.
>>
>>389823387
Yeah, but mostly because DA:O didn't play like absolute ass.
Never played W3 tho, I only played W2 into the third town.
>>
>>389823387
Some good points in here but It makes me think the person who made this shit never even played Witcher 3.

It has like 200 hour soundtrack, probably more than any game that isn't an MMO
>>
>>389827467
DA:O dungeons often felt overy long and dull with many encounters effectively being fluff.
>>
>>389828046
LA LA LAY LA LA LAY
>>
https://youtu.be/BL1H6WifMh8?t=517

Skip to 8:40
>>
>>389823387
witcher 3 have a good chara design
>>
>>389823387
It's almost like they're nothing alike. Compare Inquisition and Witcher 3.
>>
>>389827796
>Hurr durr, the archdemon is a better villian than some space elf
DAO's overaching story was the definition of mediocre. I agree that the main quests were filled with good stories (except the deep roads and the mage tower) and the origin stories are nice, but the whole darkspawn thing was always lame.
>>
File: w1-3_inventory-comparison.jpg (680KB, 1280x2197px) Image search: [Google]
w1-3_inventory-comparison.jpg
680KB, 1280x2197px
>>389825226
sure about that?
>>
File: 1496255655635.jpg (27KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496255655635.jpg
27KB, 540x540px
>>389829485
>A good PC interface is objectively faster than a dumbed down and slow console interface.
>it's really good!
>plays Witcher 3 with a joystick anyway
>>
>>389829960
yeah, because I made that image, anon
>>
File: ll1322ojjdcn (1).jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ll1322ojjdcn (1).jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>389829478
>Hurr durr, the archdemon is a better villian than some space elf

Well yeah it is better, an ancient unknown threat even though tired cliche is better than some elves who look like Neo Nazis on steroids. The elements and history for them to be developed villains were there, but they weren't taken advantage off, instead we got some ugly guy in Maskara speaking in one-liners and having embarrassing scenes like pic related.

And I was referring to Loghain in Dragon Age Origins ,Witcher 3 didn't have anything close to him, or the decisions around him.

>DAO's overaching story was the definition of mediocre.
Tired old cliche is still better than not having structure at all. You're doing nothing the entire game, then you decide the fate of the war in a dumb convoluted way, and Ciri can now save the universe out of nowhere completely negating the books
>>
File: 1475493475950.jpg (15KB, 185x268px) Image search: [Google]
1475493475950.jpg
15KB, 185x268px
>>389823387
>turn-based combat

No thanks, I'll take the shitty batman combat any day of the fucking week
>>
>>389830918
>no thanks, i have a shit taste
>>
>>389831176
I'd post a witty comeback but I'm waiting my turn, hold on
>>
>>389830679
Loghain's character in the game also negated much that was said in the Stolen Throne, so what?

The problem with the main enemy of DAO is that even the leaders of the mindless hordes are mindless themselves, they are simply boring.

Awakening is where it gets interesting and the Legacy DLC of DAII is where there is hope for a better story, but DAI is where this hope gets annihilated.
>>
>>389823387
But Witcher 1 is better than Dragon Age Origins
Anyone who disagrees is a fuckwit
>>
>>389824457
/v/, possibly due to literal autism, doesn't care about writing in video games so can't comprehend that normies do. /v/ does care about boobs and graphics though. They ironically try to act as if this makes them more patrician than normies.
>>
I even found inquisition to be more immersive than witcher 3, which bored me after like 20 hours in.
>>
>>389831515
Why?
>>
>>389831515
Witcher 1 is unplayable.
>>
>insulting consolized interface for PCborn series

and this is a bad thing? Original witcher interface was total shit.
>>
>>389831605
Witcher 3 main story sucked balls, it was rushed by the end and because the world was so big it felt disjointed, due to how the player chooses to due quests.

Blood and Wine expansion though is GOAT tier
>>
>>389831354
>video game tie in book by David Gaider
lmao, haven't read it

But there's no comparison, games and book were written by Gaider. CDPR takes like 95% of the characters from other author books, very few manage to make the translation without being retconned, generalized or ruined, and maybe one had any meaningful development.

They also take the plot from the books and build on it, but make it as generic and boring as possible. And in the last 30 minutes, they retcon major plot point from the books, like if you consider Witcher 3 a sequel the books don't make any sense at all now
>>
>>389831648
What do you mean why? You ever played it? Proper RPG, great story, decisions matter. The only thing brings it down is combat, if you approach it as action game which most do, if you realize it's a different game based on NWN engine, you will get a hang of combat right away
>>389831656
Like I said fuckwit
>>
>>389825338
>Mages reform the Conclave or they don't
Literally no impact on W3
>The fate of Anais
>The fade of Adda
>The facte of Henselt
>The fate of Vergen, Saskia etc.
>The fate of Aldersberg's soul
Literally no impact on W3, even though you can give it to Eredin in W1

OH BUT KILLING OR SPARING LETHO MATTERS SO IT'S OK
>>
>>389831752
Ciri ending the white frost with no price to pay makes TW3 not have much sense either. You never get any clear idea what were Ciri and Avalach doing, but I guess he was training her to end the white frost, and she would do it eventually... So if Eredin just did nothing he would have accomplished his goal. Or maybe if Avalach just contacted Eredin that this is possible , they were bros in the books
>>
>>389823387
i will never understand why people like dragon age.

the setting is so incredibly bland. its generic fantasy number 65.
>>
>>389832029
This list should read in the completely opposite way...

Letho's was the only one of these that was concluded in a satisfying way and not left open...

His last words even if you leave him alive are "You will not see me again". Him being in the Witcher 3 just cheapens the much superior storytelling of Witcher 2.
>>
>>389832102
It was made when people considered Bioware good and since many people on /v/ are bitter biowarefags, anything Bioware made after the DA2-ME3-TORtanic shitstorm trilogy is a classic regardless of the quality of the game.

>inb4 witcherdrone

Witcher is generic as hell too, I don't blame CDP for using a franchise well-known in Poland to get their feet wet in the video games industry but they should've ditched the series after W2, at least there is no more fantasy autismo now
>>
>>389832468
*anything Bioware made BEFORE
>>
>>389832038
They screwed up thir personas so bad, I was waiting for Avalach to betray us, trying to use Ciri to dethrone Eredin and take his spot.

Fuck, we never got an explanation for what Feralt did when he was part of Wild Hunt, in Witcher 1 it sounded like Geralt was let go by their orders to create chaos, killing people who could be a threat when they invade, instead we got dumbed down console game
>>
>>389830918
>>389831263
>talking shit about games you've obviously NOT EVEN WATCHED ANY FOOTAGE OF
i fucking hate this place
>>
>>389832791
I played it hence my post >>389831515
>>
>>389831515
>witcher 1
>run from quest giver A to quest giver B with no choices whatsoever and no gameplay except "hold w to move" and MAYBE some some bandits and that one vampire at the well will appear

kill yourself, witcher 2 at least had some gameplay.
>>
>>389832038
What makes even less sense is that Ciri and Avalach fuck off in the middle of battle when they could have helped, and left Crach to die. Couldn't they save the world after everyone were safe?

>>389832579
I think the only half arsed explanation we got is that Ciri somehow saved Geralt from wild hunt captivity but that's about it. It doesn't tie well into the first game at all
>>
>>389832791
You should follow your own advice and play the game, it is similar to Neverwinter Nights and KotOR, it hides the mechanics under the flashy combat but turn-based mechanics are still there, you have a swing timer for fuck's sake, they didn't even try to hide it from you.
>>
>>389823387
Both are trash.
>>
>>389833256
>console fag
>>
File: 1503137989732.webm (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1503137989732.webm
2MB, 480x270px
>>389827554
>your opinion
>>
>>389833318
I wish we had original devs to remake Witcher 3 with what they envisioned originally. Alot of devs in cdpr today are Fanboys who got in through modding
>>
>>389831515
WHAT!?!
lmao
>>
>>389834234
>better storytelling
>better soundtrack
>better atmosphere
>better not dull visuals

Witcher 1 wins 4/5
>>
>>389834743
>>389834234
Plus no recycled levels, I remember hating the mage tower
>>
A new dragon age is getting announced soon. Mark my words. I've seen so many dragon age threads and specifically 2/inquisition apologist threads over the past few days, a weird spike in interest. This is the start of a marketing campaign.
>>
>>389835403
Too bad nu-bioware sucks and will fuck up every game from now on, soon ea will kill them off
>>
>>389831568
the writing wasn't very good. supposedly people say it peaks at the red baron, but i never found that quest all that interesting. also disappointing because the supposed best quest in the game that is the most open ended and most rpg like takes place maybe 3-4 hours into the game and than everything after it is rushed and poorly paced. the story is underwhelming too, all this mystery around the wild hunt and all you get is space elves.
>>
>>389829485
The witcher 1 UI worked well, but damn is it ugly.
>>
Witcher 1 > DA Origins
Witcher 2 > DA 2
Witcher 3 > DA Inquisition

Hope this helps.
>>
>>389825168

>mfw retards talk about a subject I actually know a lot about

I'm a UI/UX designer. You're a fucking moron; old PC games have terrible UI - just like old console games. Why? Because they had 2003 sensibilities of UI/UX design, and in 2003 things like the Space Jam website were considered acceptable to normal people.

Also, virtually no games have good UI. Persona 5, maybe - but that's only because it's incredibly stylish in its execution of its UI/UX design, which makes the flow more fun for the user. Also, if anything, more and more consoles games are being designed with a PC in mind - look at fucking Destiny's UI, and its cursor, and look how Breath of the Wild designs it's UI in such a way where it's clearly so that way developers could quickly test items by clicking on the menu icons. As UI design in video games advances, it becomes more and more focused on cursors due to the superior mobility it offers, not because it's easier to use.

Also, W2 had the best UX in the series. It looks far superior in terms of style and movement then W1/3 - W1 is incredibly outdated, and W3 is using a garbage ass rip off of Diablo-esque inventory UI, which has always been kind of shitty, but good for that specific genre.

>tl;dr

UI design in old games is terrible, simplification of UI isn't 'dumbing down the franchise' so much as it is 'making it not fucking aggravating to menu'
>>
>>389835975
Witcher 1 is kusoge. Get off /v/.
>>
>>389831752
I agree, I really do, I don't think the books are without fault but making Witcher 3 a sequel to the books instead of Witcher 2 was a huge mistake ihmo.

Anyway, even with all that taken into mind I still think the story is more engaging than DAO or its sequels for that matter.
>>
File: youre next.png (1MB, 858x1092px) Image search: [Google]
youre next.png
1MB, 858x1092px
>>389836018

DA fans everybody.
>>
>>389836095
>actually shilling for Witcher 1
CDPR drones everyone
>>
>>389835992

just because its your job doesnt mean youre good at it
>>
>>389836121
>actually shilling for dragon age
>>
>>389835403
it was already unofficially announced a week ago.
>>
>>389834743
>>better storytelling
>>better soundtrack
>>better atmosphere
>>better not dull visuals
Literally save for, MAYBE, visuals, every other aspect was better in DAO then in Witcher
>>
>>389830918
DAO does not turn based combat...
>>
>>389836183
>he wants to be right THIS bad
>>
>>389836681

>he thinks that anonymous is a username
>>
>>389835403
I'd say it's probably as fucked as Andromeda considering their good team is working on Anthem.
>>
>>389823387
>DAO
>Multi-layred story
>they only thing is changes are ending screens

>Rich original world
>literally Witcher and ASOIAF clone

>ideologies
>evil white people vs minorities
>>
>>389836239
I'd rather that than shilling for the overhyped style over substance turd that is the witcher series thank you.
>>
>>389835992
I bet you're a faggot who likes modern designs like YouTube, it sucks on desktop, but in your eyes one design should fit all so we'll take lowest denominator ie smarphone and stretch for desktop.
>>
>>389836403
It was confirmed to be in development back in like May actually
>>
>>389835992
Considering you're speaking English you're a Western UI designer, which means you're shit at your job.
>>
File: W2_trusty advisor.png (10KB, 244x293px) Image search: [Google]
W2_trusty advisor.png
10KB, 244x293px
>>389832029
Once again, you want references for their own sake. Why should any of this matter six months later following Nilfgaard's wrecking ball invasion of the Northern Kingdoms and in a game set elsewhere? I do agree they should not have included Letho and it was clearly just a nod to the fans they could've done without.
>>
>>389823387
I guess the witcher is popular because of sex and cutscenes.

Anything else is mediocre.
The gameplay is even clunky as fuck.
>>
>>389823889
Good characters, interesting setting with the folklore elements, a neat concept in general. Shit combat, and the open-world forced some degradation in quality here and there.
The writing is alright too, I wouldn't say it's outstanding, but the dialogue is often decent and that's helped by the characters being pretty good.
>>
File: tenor.gif (1MB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
1MB, 498x280px
>dat leaf's tears
>>
>>389837048
people can shit on witcher 3's writing, but goddamn just compare it to bethesda's writing or bioware's more recent writing in their open world games. that's some pure A garbage right there that people just give a pass to for some reason.
>>
>>389823387
>rich original world filled with different races and political ideologies

What game did you play because the DAO that I played had very generic elves, dwarfs, humans and le ancient evil awakens?

Anyway, DAO wasn't even better than TW1 so it sure as shit is not better than TW3. It's better than TW2 though, so there's that.
>>
>>389836987
Hanselt us a fucking king with army, who faught Nilfgaards before, it should matter at least for him
>>
>>389836987
Maybe because at least some of these should have a pretty huge influence on the events of W3 you huge retard.

Especially the existance of Conclave and its impact on Radovid's witch hunt and the political implications of Anais being in the hands of Roche or Radovid. Since the war is not unwinnable, Roche shouldn't be helping Nilfgaard if he had the heir to Temeria's throne.

Same with Henselt, the fact that his fucking army joins Radovid after he is killed in a battle is just ridiculous. Kaedwen should be an independent faction at best allied to Radovid if Henselt survived.
>>
>>389837095
Oh yeah, by the standard most AAA games set TW has great writing. I don't think the writing is bad though, especially 3's which has a fair bit of content and never once did I think it was shit. And I was ready to hate TW3 when I found out they were making it open-world.
>>
>>389823889
W3 came out at the right time.
>>
>>389837407
Wrong. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim came out at the right time. 2015 had a fuckton of competition.
>>
DAO is a better rpg but TW3 is a better game.. and that's only because TW3 isn't even an rpg.. it's an action game with rpg elements
>>
>>389823387
DAO had better RPG elements, but the choices were really blatant Option A or Option B, and they followed those paths strictly without any subtlety. There was never a break from that, it was very 2-dimensional. Wouldn't say it was good writing, and it's one of my favourite games.
>>
>>389837576
>TW3 is a better game
nah
>>
>>389837576
>the RPG uses a set protagonist therefore it's not an RPG

Getting real tired of this meme.
>>
>>389837717
Yah

>>389837723
Face it bub, It's an action game first and foremost.
>>
>>389837723
>truth is meme
not how it works anon
>>
File: 1398348702024.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1398348702024.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>389823387
>mfw we actually still have a pooper-penetrated Biodrone left on /v/ that is still mad about W3
>>
Skyrim at least didn't structure the quests like an endless favor for favor bullshit to get meaningless tibids of information that should be public knowledge. It was aimless and directionless, and whey they decided they needed to stick to a direction to conclude the story it sucked beyond belief, last 5-6 hours were awful
>>
>>389837834
>>389837874
So I guess games like Deus Ex, Planescape Torment, Mass Effect 1 and Gothics aren't RPGs either :^)
>>
>>389838078
>Mass Effect 1
doesn't really fit with the rest m8. there you can actually choose backstory and stuff, create character ect.

>Deus Ex
has rpg elements but nothing more

haven't played the rest so can't really say.
>>
>>389838249
>doesn't really fit with the rest m8. there you can actually choose backstory and stuff, create character ect.
But you will still always be Commander Shepard, no matter what, making it not an RPG by your definition.
>>
>>389829485
withcer 2 UI was the worst
>>
File: 1502783572464.png (426KB, 639x530px) Image search: [Google]
1502783572464.png
426KB, 639x530px
>>389823889
yeah its quite poor roleplaying game
>>
>>389838502
>ui
>mattering

Do you realize how annoying it is to switch trough menus with a controller? So any JRPG or console RPG is unplayable now? What the fuck kind of autism is this, UI autism? What a dumb reason to hate a game
>>
>>389838373
In DA you will always be the warden, the champion, the inquisitor etc.
In the contex of the game (ME) Shepard is more of a title. Compare several "Shepards" and they probably all be different save for thr "title"

The Witcher doesn't have that, no matter what "decision" you make, and no matter how many "Geralts" you compare they will always feel 99%
like the same character.
>>
Why exactly people like witcher 1 so much?
I liked the atmosphere, but only that.
>>
File: 1502970592556.png (52KB, 254x226px) Image search: [Google]
1502970592556.png
52KB, 254x226px
>>389835992
>UI/UX designer
>>
File: 1383670922584.png (2MB, 2048x1161px) Image search: [Google]
1383670922584.png
2MB, 2048x1161px
>>389838714
Is that an honest question or just shitposting?

It has god tier atmosphere and soundtrack,one of the best I've seen. It's generally well written for a video game, many great quests with many possible resolutions.

It's just a good game, the people who can't get into it, well it's never meant for them. Witcher 1 was released the same time as NWN2 and that was the target audience. Witcher 3 the target audience was people who played Skyrim and Mass Effect
>>
>>389839108
Mass Effect 1 is ten times the game any CDPR Polack shit garbage will ever be. And that includes the kusoge that is Witcher 1 which is a pretty much unplayable rhythm game.
>>
>>389839175
lol ok calm down retard, go post this on the bioware subreddit people will pat you on the back
>>
>>389839240
sorry Marcin just because you enjoyed a mediocre rhythm game doesn't mean everyone else did.
>>
>>389839291
Not him, I enjoyed TW1 very much so get fucked faggot.
>>
>Witcher 3:
>open world
it really doesn't need to be a good game to be better than this
>>
I enjoyed the Witcher's linear story more than I enjoyed the above average role playing of DA:O.
>>
Favorite origins party?
>>
>>389839916
solo
>>
>>389839916
Alistair/Top Lel/Witchfu
The original and the best.
>>
>>389840043
this desu
>>
>>389839108
It was an honest question.
I agree with the atmosphere as I said, and I suppouse the soundtrack contributed a lot to it.

I don't think it's particulary bad written either.
But while the dialogs are very nice, I don't think the plot is particulary good.

I understand people liking witcher 1, but other than atmosphere, it seems to me that DA:O did the same good things but better.

And the weakness in DA:O are even weaker in Witcher 1.

For instance, it's hard to say what is a "great" quest, but DA:O had many more side quests (even if some were micro side quests) than witcher, and almost all that I remember also supported multiple possible resolutions.

People complain about the main enemy in DA: O, but in witcher you barely know what he is if you didn't read the books.

It's hard to say what makes a combat better, but combat in DA: O was much more complex (even if not harder) than in witcher.

I don't quite understand why people would prefer witcher 1 over DA: O.
>>
>>389840168
This. took the words from my mouth
>>
>>389840168
>I don't quite understand why people would prefer witcher 1 over DA: O.
Sex and nude cards
>>
>>389840168
DAO just feels a bit generic and hollow. Witcher 1 has that thick slavic atmosphere which I prefer over the LOTR-esque generic fantasy in DAO. DAO is a good game too, don't get me wrong, but it feels like your average Bioware romp, even the plot is fairly similar to past Bioware games. It lacks that certain charm I guess. Yeah DAO had more content but at times I felt like the game was too padded out (some infamous areas could have been left out for example).
>>
>>389841232
I guess I understand sex being more graphical in the witcher, but even if it's subjective, I guess it could be said that there are more interesting things about sex in DA: O than in witcher.

I mean, among other things, there's the opportunity to have a foursome orgy, or when you promise to help a young elf with the girl he likes, and then you can convice her to have sex with you, tell to the young elf and make him so depressed that he commit suicide and the whole tribe of elfs gets hugely pissed off with you.

Or when you can let a literal sex demon posses the son of a noble in exchange for having sex with you, etc.
>>
>>389823387
You're an idiot.

DAO and The Witcher 1 were made on the same engine.

And the Witcher Trilogy is significantly better in every way.

The only thing DAO has going is the number of units in the battles, that was all people cared about back then. Sure the gameplay mechanics are pretty good but the story is garbage.
>>
>>389841682
I don't know anon, I never felt that DA:O was much generic or hollow. (And I really liked The Fade and the Deep Roads).

Perhaps this is the kind of thing that it's too subjective to be discussed.
>>
>desu DAO was pretty amazing
>>
>>389841886
Witcher 1 used the same engine than Neverwinter Nights, not DA:O, no?
>>
>>389841682
It's true, I would have to search far and wide to find a fantasy game as generic as Dragon Age Origins. Not even the fucking capital of Ferelden got any interesting treatment, it's just a bunch of dirty huts.
>>
>>389823387
DAO was a great RPG, Witcher 3 is not an RPG at all.
>>
File: witcher 3 cuck-min.jpg (790KB, 3630x4069px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 cuck-min.jpg
790KB, 3630x4069px
>hehe our Shitcher 3 game doesn't have SJW stuff like Dragon Age Origins!
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.