[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever take notes when playing games? If so, post them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Ys 6 Character Notes.png (3MB, 1666x2891px) Image search: [Google]
Ys 6 Character Notes.png
3MB, 1666x2891px
Do you ever take notes when playing games? If so, post them.
>>
>0 replies
I guess this is the state of modern gaming, where there are no notes to take because they just spoonfeed you everything.
>>
File: Maze.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Maze.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>389822826
I mapped out the Minotaur maze in King's Quest 6. Definitely makes the whole place a lot easier, seems like it was the intended method to get around. There was a lot of stuff like that in Sierra games, lots of note-taking and save-reloading to figure out what you had to do.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (26KB, 97x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
26KB, 97x1085px
>>389822826
>>
>>389823690
Thank fuck for that. I'm playing a game, not filing paperwork.
>>
>>389822826
Very rarely, only for complex math
>>
>>389822826
If ever it's usually a 'to do' list if the game doesn't have proper quest logging or list of points of interest that can't be solved early so I don't forget about them.
Vita Shiren had one of the stone statue puzzles where you first got the puzzle you could solve normally and few chambers later same puzzle but with enemies that blinded you almost constantly so you had to move from memory.
Mapped that one but didn't keep the file.
>>
>>389822826
I used to make a lot of them back in the day when I played crpgs like baldur's gate, ps:t or fallout. Ingame journal was a bit too messy and vague for me, so I noted everything that seemed to be important at that time. Goal of a quest, who gave it, where he was, extra info etc. etc.
Nowdays videogames just straight out show you the target location, so you don't really have to note anything ever.

Wait, no, I've written some codes for Prey, the ones that don't go to your journal.
>>
>>389823690
>modern gaming
Well, no shit.
Shitload of people can't be even bothered playing the fucking games and rather spends time watching people play on youtube.
>>
>>389822826
Just in Dragon Quest 1 and 2
Having to remember town names, locations of towns and shrines, quests, hidden item locations, etc. is impossible without writing stuff down.
>>
>>389823690
The problem isn’t just modern games, but modern technology in general. I don’t take notes or even bother remembering anything anymore now that I have google in my pocket at all times. We’re all turning into retarded lazy fucks and it’s sad because there’s absolutely nothing we can do to prevent it.
>>
>>389825668
What's it mean?
>>
>those portraits

this is why I don't like modern jrpgs, or even older bland stuff like xenogears

they throw a hundred 'normal humanoids' at you, and expect you to remember or care what 'village idiot #15' says, thinks, or does

I remember when jrpgs had about 20 important characters, and they were fully fleshed out, or only appeared at one point in the story, and usually were visually distinct
>>
I've got
>required colours/links for skills in PoE, with planned uniques and best-in-slot rares
>ideas for Dwarf Fortress projects
>To-do list for ways I cant go yet in Metroidvanias
Nothing really interesting enough to post desu
>>
>>389822826
>those notes
..Why? All of the Falcom characters are one-dimensional garbage with the exception of the big bad. Who would even take the time to write down their worthless backstories? Who cares? lol
>>
>>389826682
this.

I write down notes when I need to remember an item name or location want to optimize designs in factorio or something, but not for trivial backstory
>>
>>389826682
50 one-dimensional characters is still 50 dimensions. They're all fleshed out characters with their own motivations, goals, and feelings, and keeping track of them helped me immerse myself in the world. I only manually took notes on them because Ys 6 was the first Ys game I played that didn't have a menu that tracks all of the characters for me. Those menus were always my favorite part of the games.
>>
File: 2017-09-10 00.16.45.jpg (943KB, 1677x2981px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-10 00.16.45.jpg
943KB, 1677x2981px
These are just from Wild Arms 3 before getting to Nighogg and one for a lock combination in Fur Fighters.
>>
I take notes when going to fe games. Just shit to make sure I do pretty good.
>>
>>389826835
You are certifiably autistic my man, and likely the only person on the planet who does this.
>He can't stand getting nagged by his sister to help out.
Damn I am so immersed right now tell me more of your story my little Ryug, you scoundrel who I will remember for years to come because I wrote down your premise.
>>
>>389826474
Drakengard final ending rhythm game pattern.
It's black / white but not in English.
>>
>>389826939
It's called having fun. But you can call it autism if you want.
>>
>>389827035
That anon just doesn't appreciate character development of literal whos in a game. All the development that goes on in side characters in Falcom games is a great reason to play the games and seeing how they change after certain events keeps them interesting. Keep having fun anon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (75KB, 963x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
75KB, 963x1080px
>>389822826
I got a bunch of documents and spreadsheets. I also use a notebook and paper to scribble shit down.

I just backwards and fucking hate looking shit up on my phone
>>
File: AuroraMissileSpread.jpg (453KB, 1675x803px) Image search: [Google]
AuroraMissileSpread.jpg
453KB, 1675x803px
>>389822826
with a pencil and paper in Silent Hunter sometimes. I don't have any saved.
Sometimes it's nice to use a spreadsheet though.
>>
File: upass solution.png (30KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
upass solution.png
30KB, 322x322px
>>389822826
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.