[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rank these series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

How would you rank these series?
>>
>>389821762
R&C > Sly > Jak
>>
Sly>Ratchet>Jak
>>
>>389821762
J&D, great first game shitty second and meh third.
I'd go with 6/10

SLY, some good ideas, visuals and humour but basic gameplay is kinda meh and samey, 7/10 as a series.

R&C, first games were typical PS2 platformers, a bit bland and linear at the times but PS3 games are really great, 9/10.
>>
>>389821762
Jak>R&C>Sky
fight me
>>
>>389822114
this
>>
>>389822006
FPBP
>>
Ratchet>Sly>Jak
>>
>>389822229
I dont bully retards out of principle.
>>
Ape Escape>Sly>Ratchet>Jak
>>
>Jak on the bottom for most people

And people wonder why ND stopped making them
>>
File: 1395786118385.gif (580KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1395786118385.gif
580KB, 480x360px
>>389822198
>Saying the PS3 Ratchet and Clank games are better than the PS2 ones

Is this what it's like to be triggered?
>>
>>389821762
Ratchet>everything.
>>
Can I ask why people are so hard on Sly 4? I'm going through it right now and up to the 3rd World, and it seems pretty solid so far.
>>
>>389823019
They pretty much R&C essence.
All the improvements plus better graphics, remembering as bland PS2 games were visuals really added a lot.
>>
>>389822006
same
>>
>>389822006
/thread
>>
>>389823543
>bland PS2 games

It's funny you say that because Tools of Destruction might be the blandest Ratchet and Clank game I've ever played
>>
>>389821762

R&C2 > Jak 2 > Jak 3 > R&C1 > Jak 1 > R&C3 > ACiT > QfB > ToD > Jak X > Sly 1.

Didn't play the rest.

>>389822198

But the bland R&C games are the PS3 ones you tastelet. Also shit opinion on Jak as well.
>>
>>389824082
>jak 2 and 3 anywhere but at the bottom of the list
>>
r&c game's gameplay and exploration is more fun thank Jak's, specially after 1, jak games are more entertaining narratively but doesn't beat ratchet on everything else, the gta shift didn't really help the games either, the majority of the world is empty and the real sections of gameplay are outside the city or in a dungeon, which are mostly linear and where jak games truly shine.
maneuvering in these world's are fun, jak 3 kinda fixed this but the world's are still empty, though they are at least not as boring to navigate with the addition of road warrior themed cars
>>
>>389821762
Ratchet > Jak > Sly

This should be considered indisputable. Anyone who puts Sly above either of them is either a hipster or a "MUH PURE PLATFORMER JAK" faggot. Seriously, the first Jak is good but seriously overrated by the fanbase.
>>
>>389824379
better than the boring sequel, it's overrated for a reason.
>>
>>389821762
Jak is a fucking meme, Sly>RC>Jak

Sly Cooper was the shit and I admit I am 100% biased
>>
>>389824379
Jak 3 made up for the short comings of 2 but I don't understand why it's doesn't get the same love as 1.plus Crack in time was the best R@C Musically, gameplay, weapon, and graphic wise close second being going commando.
>>
R&C > sly 2&3 > Jak > sly 1
All were good
>>
>>389824171

I wouldn't expect a tastelet like you to be able to appreciate the true vidya kino that is Jak 2 and 3.
>>
R&C Going Commando >
>>
>>389824379
>Seriously, the first Jak is good but seriously overrated by the fanbase.

This.

Jak 1 can be beaten in a single sitting without dying very easily. It's just too short and easy. Fun game though, but it's sequels are better. But because of ONE (1) line of dialog at the begining of 2, and the fact the hub (that's right faggots, it's a hub) is a bit bigger than a normal hub world, and has some transports located in it as well as NPC's, faggots wont play them.

Jak 2's actual platformer levels are fantastic and way better, longer, harder and more satisfying than Jak 1's.
>>
>>389824379
But Sly isn't a pure platformer either. There are some missions in every game that don't involve platforming.
>>
>>389824438
Because it barely has an identity? Anything about it that I can use to separate it from every other colorful platformer of the time? Because the world was kinda boring?

Or is it because people like to pretend that the sequels completely disregarded platforming when they didn't? Because they actually bothered to flesh out the characters and world? Or because it took inspiration from GTA because that was popular at the time, and apparently being a hybrid wide-open sandbox shooter GTA platformer makes it more generic than being a generic platformer? Oh, no wait, it's because Jak said the line and MUH EDGE, even though he starts getting better after the first hour or so.
>>
>>389821762
I cant manage to finish the first jak since I played it with my mom all the time when it came out. The other two, despite being different from the original, are good games, but I still go with ratchet>jak>sly. And sly games are all very good (well, the ps2 ones)
>>
>>389824643
because 3 is only half of a good game
>>
>>389824915

This post is 100% correct.

If it wasn't for Jak 3, Jak 2 would be a one of a kind game. Those 2 games together are unique as well.

Literally hybrid open world platformers. When the fuck are we ever gonna get open world 3D platformers ever again, with a unique and actually interesting setting to boot. God I loved Jak 2 and 3 so much. 1 is not a bad game but it's just so generic by comparison I don't know how anyone can like it over it's much better sequels.

Also the pure platforming segments in Jak 2 and 3 alone are better, and actually longer than in Jak 1. Jak 1 is like a 5 hour game, 2 and 3 are 20 hour games and have more platforming overall than 1 has.
>>
YOU'LL BE A MASTER DARTBOARD!
>>
>>389824835
jaded
>>
Which series had the best music though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4UpK9IbZSE
>>
>>389825296

Ratchet and Clank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BzdpC-uhRY
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.