[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he couldn't figure this out on his own Seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: Keo_Ruug_shrine_0009_1.0.jpg (444KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Keo_Ruug_shrine_0009_1.0.jpg
444KB, 1200x800px
>he couldn't figure this out on his own

Seriously?
>>
>>389819269
It took me a few minutes but I figured it out fairly quickly. Dunno why half of /v/ acted like the solution was so obscure that it required a guide.
>>
>>389819431
Honestly, it has problems from a design standpoint. You're expected to suddenly pay attention to elements of the room that literally have no meaning or significance anywhere else in the whole game. Without some substantial prompting, that's sort of unreasonable to expect of the player.
>>
>>389819650
That's what so many of the shrine puzzles are, though.
>pay attention to vines
>pay attention to metal
>pay attention to wood
>pay attention to wind
>pay attention to the respawning boulders
Not only that, but there are even locations in game where the solution can only be found through investigating the area. It's the same paradigm. The only difference is one's perception of the clues as background scenery.
>>
Yeah, I looked up a guide. I can admit when I'm dumb.
>>
>>389819269

I got it eventually. It took me an embarrassingly long amount of time though.
>>
I looked up the solution and I still don't understand it, should i kms?
>>
It's only difficult when you think too hard. When I started counting the number of stars in each constellation, I knew I'd gone too far and went back to square one.
>>
>>389819269
got it on my own (because i had to, i played it when it leaked and there were 0 guides) after about 20 minutes of trying different solutions
>>
>>389819269
I figured it out within a minute, and then got really confused because I counted shit wrong, but whatever it was 3am.
>>
It took me awhile but I figured it out on my own. At first I was counting the number of dots or something. It didn't help that the slots were numbered backwards (right-to-left instead of left-to-right).

Still, a good puzzle and satisfying to figure out.
>>
>>389819847
Eh, I feel the other puzzle rooms established the relevant elements better. Either by the puzzle's name or the way the rooms are arranged.
>>
>>389820053
Look at the big square at the back, count how many of the individual constellations there are, use magnesis to move the balls to the slot which matches both the constellation and the number shown on the wall, dictated by the posts on the sides of the room.
Simple enough, a lot of people overthought it.
>>
>>389819269
I was actually streaming when I was doing this. When I figured out how to do it everybody made fun of me because they figured it out before I did
>>
*struggling incredibly hard to rub my last two brain cells together* wait... stars... there's stars on the walls, is there's a connection there?? hokly shit
>>
I figured out how to sell this trash and buy something better.
>>
>>389820053
same don't worry.
>>
>>389820281
K, is that you?
>>
It took me a while because it was vastly different to other other puzzles.
>>
The only shrines I had trouble with and needed outside help was the ones where you need to go to two shrines to find out each other's solutions. I was stuck at one of them for so long, trying to figure it out.
>>
>>389819269
Luckily the name of the room was hint enough when my first attempt failed then I figured it out from there
The ones where you had to freeze shit gave me more trouble
>>
>>389820472

That and those orange wall night lights are never useful, and the game trains you to mentally filter them out after 80 shrines
>>
>>389820501
>shrines are structured exactly the same, named similar to each other and closer together than normal shrines
>>
>>389819431

It's a mixture of overthinking and thought process being obscured from previous activities.

There's probably a particular shrine everyone has had a lapse in thinking on and often times it's really just a specific detail that gets overlooked.

For instance there were a number of videos online we're people were hold up for a couple of minutes because they couldn't figure out to raise a gate from the bottom using the ice block spell. And that was at the very beginning of the game.
>>
>>389820628

That's the thing, I went to one of the two shrines, expecting to solve it once I got inside. I didn't even know there was a second shrine around the place.
>>
>>389820501
I assume that twin puzzle would've been more difficult had you not went to the highest peak first.
>>
With the patterns rotated, I did not recognize any of them as the ones I was supposed to be counting.
>>
>Oh, that's what he meant! Stars above!
>>
>>389819269
Ah so I'm not the only one who had trouble with this
>>
It took me awhile but I got it on my own. I did use a guide on the one where you had to pick up a laser and put it on a moving platform to trigger a switch. That one and the 5 flames because I was afraid I would break all my weapons before being able to figure it out.
>>
>>389819650
>Without some substantial prompting
There's a tablet that reads "look to the stars for guidance" and a huge porthole into the next room where a giant otherwise-plain wall displays glowing constellation things
>>
Only puzzle in the game which required more than 1% brainpower. The fact that so many people were utterly stumped by it just speaks to the state of gamers today.
>>
What I tried to do was look at the positions of the constellations of the back wall and tried to match it up with the orbs' placement. Then I saw that there were multiple of the same constellation on the back wall and it made me confused and I got stuck.
>I know I'm dumb
>>
I couldn't figure out the Shrine that you have to shoot the sun. Fuck that.

>>389820759
The only tip was in the name of the shrines, if you missed that, it would be hard to figure it out.
>>
>>389821153
Basically what I tried. Got fed up with it and just looked up the solution.
>>
Looked up a guide and still didn't get it. To this day I still don't get it but I don't give a damn anymore.
>>
>>389821101
I actually went outside at night and looked at the night skybox for clues at first.
>>
>>389821320
Yeah, that one took me awhile too before I read the lyrics a bit more closely

You have to shoot at it from the shrines pedestal
>>
>>389819269
some people are just retarded dude
>>
File: wimplo.jpg (8KB, 255x229px) Image search: [Google]
wimplo.jpg
8KB, 255x229px
>>389820790
Stream that film, if you're so great.
>>
File: BotW_Decayed_Guardian_Model.png (265KB, 425x394px) Image search: [Google]
BotW_Decayed_Guardian_Model.png
265KB, 425x394px
>>389820790
Holy shit. I'm fucking dying
>>
>>389822168
>forgotten temple
>yeah okay let's see what's inside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LjbnyNogvI
>>
>>389822306
>Not wanting a horde of decayed guardians to gang rape and tickle your prostate with ceaseless laser fire
>>
>>389821320
There's literally a sign right in front of you when you enter either shrine saying that it's paired with the other, and that the answer to the opposite shrine is the starting position in the current one.
>>
>>389822568
Yeah, you are right. Now I remember, it even says you can't solve one without the other.
>>
File: guardianstalker_botw.jpg (143KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
guardianstalker_botw.jpg
143KB, 1280x738px
>>389822306
I love how "rigid" the Guardian music is. It perfectly encapsulates their robotic movement.
>>
File: 156454545.jpg (91KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
156454545.jpg
91KB, 500x392px
>>389819269
Because reasons
>>
>>389819269
fuck you
>>
File: botw.png (492KB, 715x433px) Image search: [Google]
botw.png
492KB, 715x433px
How do I solve this one? pls help
>>
>>389825170
>Tfw I can't understand the guides for these

Artificial difficulty if I ever saw it.
>>
>>389821101
I looked at the ceiling and tried to line up the balls with the ceiling tiles above
>>
File: 1504861014894.jpg (113KB, 757x1161px) Image search: [Google]
1504861014894.jpg
113KB, 757x1161px
The problem is there's always been constellations on the walls, and after finishing like 50 other shrines by that point I paid them no mind- having to look up what the fuck the hint was referring to.
The game in general is really bad sometimes for failing to give the player enough feedback to know they're solving the correct problem. Take for example the final boss- during his invincibility phase absolutely nothing affects him besides perfect parries and flurry rushes, and for someone that's gone through the entire game without using those functions the encounter doesn't provide enough information to suggest that's what you need to do. There's a similar problem with Fireblight ganon and his barrier; thunderblight didn't have this issue because the lightning rods have a metallic texture and hurrdurr it's obvious, but fireblight's vacuum looks more like a big charge-up so it's easy to get confused. Hell, a Zelda veteran would figure you're probably meant to play ping-pong with the fireball he summons, or to detonate it near him (with an arrow or whatever) to break the barrier.
>>
wat, this was one of the better shrines
>>
>when the game came out there were people who admitted that they skipped some shrines because of the puzzles

Lmao
>>
I did, but I initially thought I was supposed to be literally looking up at the ceiling
>>
>>389825310
You can parry Fireblight's fireball and it will stun him, you can also use Urbosa fury, hell the bomb is a simple enough solution, and the vacuum it's clue enough because that's also how you kill octoroks in death mountain, even if you have not played any past Zelda games where bombs are the way to kill fire bosses.
With Calamity ganon just parry any projectile he launches and it will work, Urbosa fury as well, and there is a small (really small) window after him attacking were he is vulnerable too.
>>
>>389820790
THIS IS C.N.N.
>>
>>389819269

I saw the shit on the back wall, but I ignored it because that wall was in a completely separate room. That second room had so much space for absolutely no reason, but I couldn't see that from the first room. So I thought the giant wall of constellations was for a second puzzle in the giant room, and that everything I needed for the first part was on the smaller panels in the first, smaller room. There was absolutely no point for that big room.
>>
>>389827947
>parry
Again, this has never been necessary before, so don't make it necessary for the final boss. Surely there's a way to make the fight feel grandiose and fun without resorting to bullshit invincibility mechanics. Let me drop a chandelier on his head to stun him, or leave a big metal ball lying around, something.
As for the Octorocks I beat those with arrows. And I forgot I even had Urbosa's fury, because it was the last guardian power I got and charged AoEs have never been useful in Zelda.
>>
>>389821101
Yeah, but the orange lines on the wall don't really strike one as "stars" at first glance. Most people will eventually make the connection between "stars" and "constellation shaped whatsits", but it takes a while because it's so obtuse.
>>
>>389819269
this entire fucking thing could've been fixed by just putting some frame or something around the stars on the wall.
>>
>>389819269
On my first try I left the shrine and waited for nightfall, thinking that I would see some kind of constellation in the sky.

I only realized that there were patterns on the wall once I re-entered lol
>>
>>389828854
>bullshit invincibility mechanics
If there is so many ways to circumvent that shield how is that bullshit? it's literally the same shield that Fireblight has, so it will have the same weakness, and even if you don't know them there is still that small window after every attack he does, were you can shoot him an ancient arrow if he is in the wall or just flurryflush if he does a grounded attack, I believe you can even use the metal sticks that thunderblight uses, if Calamity uses it by chance too while you fight him. It's not the game fault if you can't grasp any of those ways to destroy his shield or if you forget you have a power that helps you.
>>
>>389819269
Wait, what? Really? People hard problems with this shrine? I kinda solved it without even thinking it was somehow strange or hard and just moved on. Had no idea anyone would have any problems with it.
>>
>>389829431
>it's literally the same shield that Fireblight has
Not really, since there's no vacuum mechanic to exploit. So by definition it's not the same shield, unless you're referring to them both being impenetrable which is redundant.
My problem is that parries/flurries are janky as fuck: I'm not God's gift to gaming but I can parry any enemy in Soulsborne games; however it's as if the timing in BotW shifts randomly. The window is apparently very lenient but also extremely inconsistent, so on a whim the game thinks you've jumped to early or too late. It's why I stopped bothering with it, because I was sick of getting hit in the middle of backflips/sidehops (which seem to not have any iframes). Instead I played defensively and moved out of the way to avoid attacks.

Requiring parries is fine if they tightened up the combat but
A. They need to better telegraph that, and
B. The engine was clearly built for climbing and it shows.

And for me Calamity basically just jumped at the wall and shot lasers or swatted at me from the ground; he never did any other mechanics. And I was fighting him for like 10 minutes before I googled it, so either my copy of the game is buggy or he just deigned not to use any exploitable attack patterns.
And yeah I tried shield parrying but haha, lasers break shields, so after about 3 attempts that was no-longer an option.

Yeah forgetting Urbosa's fury was my fault, but if the boss' shield is unbreakable why would that one attack ignore it? It's not like the tooltip, which I did check, said it ignores enemy defenses or anything.
>>
>>389819269
It was pretty vague, honestly.
>>
>>389822936
I hate the Guardian music, it just sounds like someone's ringtone at the beginning
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.