[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

Just downloaded this on console.

Truth be told I just want an alternative to destiny 2. A looter shooter if you will. No way I'm supporting Bungie and Activison's shit this time.
>>
>>389816582
Grinding
Barro Ki Teer faggot ass piece of shit
HOLYSHITWTFISASTALKER
clem
lots more grinding
aesthetic frame end game
codex scanning end game
valkyr best girl
>>
>>389816582
you wont be able to get Vauban (the most fun warframe in the whole game) unless you play 24-7 watching for alerts that have his parts
>>
get ready for the super grind fest

also those cool dual revolvers you worked so hard to craft, that gun and every gun becomes useless at higher levels. enjoy exploiting stacked DPS guns
>>
>>389816582
It's not a "looter shooter" though, so you will probably be disappointed.
>>
>>389816582
It was fun when it was new as co-op was full. Now you are mostly going to be alone. The only ones playing it are veterans.
>>
>>389817253
Well I'll still give it a shot regardless.
The ninja shit seems fun.

>>389817641
That'll probably be what stops me from playing it that much. Though I heard they're adding a bit of an open world segment so maybe I wont even care about the co op.
>>
>>389816582
Bungie did good with Destiny 2 though. Way more polished than the turd that's Warframe.
>>
>>389817072
He can just use one of the many alert programs to alert him to a Boobman alert.
>>
File: loli hey.png (169KB, 518x723px) Image search: [Google]
loli hey.png
169KB, 518x723px
Warframe is not good. You might get more out of it than destiny, but it is a shit game and it's getting worse as time goes on (thanks DE).

If you've never played the first borderlands, try that.
>>
>>389816582
Yes now you support (by playing the game) Digital Extreme and Nexon. Nice one there, anon.
>>
I think the fast paced gameplay is very enjoyable. The grind isn't all that bad considering how good the gameplay is. The biggest problem for me personally is the lack of difficulty. You pretty much just fuck up everything in the game without giving it much thought.
>>
>>389816582
You fool.
>>
>>389818542
>The grind isn't all that bad

Grind is all this game is about. But it's not even a challenging grind, as you said. It's like peeling potatoes and cooking rice.
>>
>>389816582
Warframe is better and free than destiny 2, welcome to the team bro
>>
Basically nothing.
All the good times are gone because DE removed fun mechanics and replaced them with lolis which I'm pretty sure aren't even on consoles so you get shit for Christmas and your birthday.
>>
>>389818751
True but I haven't played a game as fast paced as warframe. I guess that's why I've been bored with it as of late. If they cranked up the difficulty about 75% it'd be really good imo
>>
>>389816939
This plus avoid the forums.
>>
File: disdain.png (168KB, 671x603px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.png
168KB, 671x603px
>>389818905
>fastpaced
>mfw post-coptering babbies think what we have today is fast

Zorens would peel the skin off your face kiddo
>>
>>389818751
>potatoes
i see what you did
>>389818897
>lolis
you mean potatoes
>>
>>389816582
DE are just as scummy as blizzard, don't give them money
>>
>>389818905
>>389818542
>>389818751
Warframe isn't really a challenging game, and when it gets challenging, it's mostly over who oneshots who first. There's rarely any middle ground.

Also there's a ton of enemies that stun you without much of a warning. Fuck that.
>>
Grindy but fun. Definitely better than Destiny 1 ever was, don't know about Destiny 2, though.
>>
File: 300px-Muscle_wizard.jpg (32KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Muscle_wizard.jpg
32KB, 300x445px
get atlas
cast punch

use this loophole
card which give you mana every time you get hit
use a gun which heal you
you never run of mana and health
so you keep casting punch
>>
>>389818542
>The biggest problem for me personally is the lack of difficulty
agreed stuff is either too easy or one shots you
>>
File: 1504337624184.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504337624184.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>389817225
The hardest gear to grind is usually the best though. If you go by looks sure your crappy dual vastos won't do anything on endgame but those aren't hard to get at all.

Grinding isn't even an issue anymore, there's so much gear you WILL be getting lots of weapons and frames to know what to do with them. Slots will be an issue, though.
>>
>>389817072
It's much easier to grind for plat and buy Vauban Prime instead anyway.
>>
File: KS.jpg (132KB, 884x453px) Image search: [Google]
KS.jpg
132KB, 884x453px
so how about their new game?
>>
>>389820127
looks pretty interesting from the trailer i saw tbqh
>>
>>389816582
It's basically ShootCraft. You shoot then you craft. Again and again to get your Mastery Rank up which requires a special hidden exp gained by leveling new gear which feeds back into shooting and crafting.

Which is fine if you're into that, I know I am, unfortunately the game doesn't really do a good job of getting you into that loop by itself so expect to stumble through your first few planets totally clueless.
>>
File: qnms9h.png (439KB, 1280x868px) Image search: [Google]
qnms9h.png
439KB, 1280x868px
>>389819595
OPM is still not nerfed so there's that
>>
>>389821538
>ShootCraft
>shoot
>when frost and limbo exist
>>
>>389816582
The main difference between Destiny and Warframe is that Destiny offers tons of individual items that are all pretty samey (outside of exotics) while Warframe offers a smaller selection of more unique items (essentially every weapon hews closer to an exotic in Destiny). Instead of grinding for a good perk roll on a specific gun, you grind for resources and blueprints to craft an identical copy of a gun (or warframe, or sentinel or melee weapon).

Then you grind for specific mods to put in that gun, which are basically the equivalent of the perks in Destiny. You pick the "perks" but you gotta grind for them separately.
>>
>>389823812
rivens exist, though
>>
>>389824206
>Ummm, no sweetie, rivens are, like, a thing...?
Yes rivens exist but as a new player OP doesn't need to worry about them for quite some time.
>>
>>389816582
Xbone or PS4? I'm willing to help you out on either.
>>
>>389818097
lol
>>
>>389818471
>Nexon
wat?
>>
>>389816582
Don't listen to this guy here>>389825014
If you are on pc post your ign here then we can get comfy together and I'll help you out.
>>
>>389817072
False.
Ivara is much more fun than Vauban.

>>389816582
Play on PC if possible rather than console. Console gets things much slower and has a lower playerbase.
Use warframe.market to check sell prices of any prime items you get to get plat for slots
Endgame is fashion
>>
>>389825667
Hold on, why shouldn't he listen to me? He said in the OP that he's on CONSOLE and I'm just asking which one.
>>
>>389825685
PC gets stuff slower, sure, but we get to buy TennoGen with plat. And we get to effectively see into the future by following what's happening on PC. For example, we know whether Baro's inventory is worth saving up for or not.
>>
>>389825790
Fuck you he's going to ERP with me that's why.
>>
>>389825995
NO HE'S MINE

I don't even think he's in the thread
>>
>>389825943
>TennoGoy for plat
only upside
>we get to see into the future
BECAUSE YOU LIVE IN THE PAST
>>
>>389816582
You're in for enjoyable gunplay and bouncing around walls, but for a helluva grind too. Don't play it obsessively though, play it in bursts with another game. Use every weapon until it hits level 30, then decide whether you want to keep it or trash it to make space for newer weapons. You'll need to grind out stats on as many guns, frames, melee weapons, and other things as you can to rank up mastery, which is used to gate off some of the better gear.
>>
>>389826218
Being able to see into the future is fucking dope for things like Baro's upcoming inventories, so we can know if we should bother accumulating Ducats or not.

And another good example is if a new weapon comes out and it's OP, but then gets nerfed a week later. On console we'll know it's going to get nerfed before we even get it so we don't have to waste time putting and Forma in it or anything.

Or the opposite, if a new gun comes out and it's just flat-out fun we can gather the resources ahead of time if it happens to have particularly strange building requirements.
>>
I will never be happy until Akvastos ajd Akmagnus are good. Same with my Grinlok. I know that when i last played the Tonkor was THE meme murderer but that's gay as fuck. I wanna be a space cowboy. How was I supposed to know Mesa was a literal push button receive win character?
>>
>>389826404
Just build for her other abilities
>>
As a veteran I'll give my honest opinion

Warframe is a good game, an extremely good game with fantastic gameplay however this is held back by the insane grind and retarded devs who keep increasing the grind every other update on top of getting rid of anything that might be beneficial to the player. so as a new player it will be really fun but as soon as you start hitting end game it becomes a chore to even play the game
>>
File: 1497665656211.jpg (9KB, 255x233px) Image search: [Google]
1497665656211.jpg
9KB, 255x233px
>>389816582

Real talk - this game is NOT friendly to new players and has a horribly counterintuitive UI, and a shitload of different systems for stuff. Find friends fast, and get into a nice big comfy clan that's cool with you asking questions, because you WILL have them.

also, don't spend any of your starting plat on anything but frame and weapon slots.
>>
>>389816939
this plus if you figure out or find a nice build dont tell anyone about it or the devs might fix it because one of their streamers bitch about the game being too easy. Yes they hate fun too.
>>
>>389816582
>A looter shooter if you will
Warframe makes you work your ass off for new pieces of gear, it's about as far from a looter as you get without just not having gear at all.
>>
>>389816582
It's addicting as hell and even fun at times. I started a little over a week ago and I've already clocked almost 70 hours.

Biggest Pros:
>fast
>latex ass
>lots of customization options
>lots of different weapons and frames so tons of variety in play styles

Biggest Cons:
>repetitive missions/maps
>nothing's explained in game
>stupid mobile game tier time gates and general jewing
>fun is not allowed
>>
>>389816582
>looter shooter
Who came up with this term and why do I hate it so much?
>>
join one of the warframe discord channels and ask questions because there will be many
warframe is hard on noobs but you will get into it
>>
>>389828075
The correct term is actually Fruity Tutti Point n' Shooty Booty Looty
>>
>>389828242
No one says the Fruity Tutti Point part and you damn well know it. No need to be pedantic when talking about good ol' Shooty Booty Looties
>>
>>389818303
>it's getting worse as time goes on (thanks DE).
No, it's getting better. Many sleeks are removed, many op combinations are removed, game now resembles game, not cookie clicker.
>>
>>389819420
>>389829524
I just wish they implement something for the slower-paced, more tactical players, instead of one-hit-kills on both sides.
>>
File: DayOfTheTaterMasher.jpg (162KB, 378x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DayOfTheTaterMasher.jpg
162KB, 378x1920px
Umbra soon
>>
>>389830398
You know, they said, that Umbra would be after Eidolon. And i still don't see Eidolon.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.