[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png (3MB, 1405x2194px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png
3MB, 1405x2194px
There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who think Human Revolution is good, and those who played the original Deus Ex.
>>
I tried playing the original several times but I always get bored of it halfway through the first or second level.
Is it supposed to get better?
>>
>>389802121
yes
>>
>>389801798
I liked both desu
>>
original Deus Ex had a much better story that was a lot more relevant to real life. It combined several plausible conspiracy theories and let you play as a dude caught up in the middle of them. The whole point about nano augs existing isn't really the focus, but does play a role in the plot.

In HR, the game is all about the augs and their impact on humanity, and the moral questions surrounding cyber implants in humans. Which is cool, but the game has no relation to real life.
>>
>>389801798
Not enough variables, anon. I thought Human Revolution was shit and I haven't even played the original.
>>
>>389802223
This.

>>389802121
Liberty Island really is a drag, I can't explain it.
>>
deus ex is such a meme
the first one was funny but had shit gameplay, then HR is just boring and slow
>>
>>389802735

The original was more reflective where as HR is more speculative, is a good way to put it I think.
>>
I have been wanting to get the original deus ex
Is there any mods or fixes I should play it with
I'll probably get it, Blood and UT2004 when there's a big steam sale
>>
>>389801798
I played it some. Kinda felt like if later MGS was actually good and better made.

But it had that same issue of me wanting to go around and have fun with gadget and the game really wanting me to follow its path, which made me very bored. Had the same issue with HL.

I don't mind linear games or plot heavy talky ones, but I don't like getting surprised into one. Felt like I pulled off the Scooby Doo mask to find Xenosaga.
>>
>>389803650

Only "mod" I can think of is Deus Exe, which allows for modern OpenGL rendering. Otherwise, don't bother with any mods on your first playthrough, even the HDTP/visual enhancers. After that, there's Shifter/Biomod for "Deus Ex but with more gameplay options", then Nihilum/Nameless Mod for "Deus Ex mechanics in a new story".
>>
I was a fan of Deus Ex since 2000 and I loved Human Revolution, especially after the utter shit show that was Invisible War.
>>
>>389801798
You have a really overly simplistic worldview. In reality there is a huge variety of kinds of people in the world, not just two.
>>
I think it takes a cultured person to really enjoy and appreciate older games, if they weren't near old enough to play them when they first came out. especially ones that were critically acclaimed.
>>
>>389805486
This can be said about a lot of media.
>>
File: deusextake.png (1MB, 2160x2025px) Image search: [Google]
deusextake.png
1MB, 2160x2025px
>>389801798

Human Revolution is excellent and better than most games, but we're comparing it to a practically perfect video game here.
>>
>>389802735

>In HR, the game is all about the augs and their impact on humanity, and the moral questions surrounding cyber implants in humans. Which is cool, but the game has no relation to real life.

Give it 20 years and it'll be a lot more relevant.

HR's real problem is that it had nothing to say about anything other than augmentation.
>>
and I played both, including MD, had fun with all of them
>>
>>389805786

Deus Ex was lightening in a jar, a greatness that will never be captured again. That being said I agree, Human Revolution was still excellent, so was Mankind Divided while it lasted.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.