[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got any details on the mythical arcade game Polybius?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
6KB, 480x360px
Anyone got any details on the mythical arcade game Polybius?
>>
I have a cabinet in my garage, but I don't own a camera so you can't see it.
>>
>>389799910
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7X6Yeydgyg

TL;DW some guy in 2000 made it up to get traffic for his website for arcade games
>>
>>389800268
Love that video. Ahoy is god tier.
>>
>>389800292

agreed. he can make anything interesting to watch.
>>
>>389800268
Just watched this last night.
That guy is a real hero.
>>
>>389800268

Driving home from work after watching that video was weird. Kudos to Ahoy to conveying something kinda spooky with his presentation.
>>
>>389800292
Ahoy is the only good channel on youtube
>>
>>389800292
Can't wait for him to do one on boomerangs
>>
I'll be honest, this video introduced me to Ahoy. His videos are fascinating to watch, almost documentary quality. He has a great voice, too.
>>
>>389806308
read this in his voice
>>
File: file.png (132KB, 255x512px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
132KB, 255x512px
The irony is that Polybius was the name of a Greek schoolar who was quoted as saying something like "don't ever believe people if they don't have proof" or something to that extent.

>In the seventh volume of his Histories, Polybius defines the historian's job as the analysis of documentation, the review of relevant geographical information, and political experience. Polybius held that historians should only chronicle events whose participants the historian was able to interview, and was among the first to champion the notion of factual integrity in historical writing. In Polybius' time, the profession of a historian required political experience (which aided in differentiating between fact and fiction) and familiarity with the geography surrounding one's subject matter to supply an accurate version of events. Polybius himself exemplified these principles as he was traveled and possessed political and military experience. He did not neglect written sources that proved essential material for his histories of the period from 264 BC to 220 BC. When addressing events after 220 BC, he examined the writings of Greek and Roman historians to acquire credible sources of information, but rarely did he name those sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius
>>
>>389800268
Fucking spoilers anon
I was 15 minutes in on another tab thinking this was some government conspiracy and you just ruined it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.