[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

What went wrong?
>>
Nothing, it's just that nothing really went right either.
>>
SINGLE
>>
Spending like you were a millionaire when you barely even cracked 10 grand. It was doomed as soon as they marketed it as this next huge AAA.
>>
Trying to make a fantasy video game without knowing how to create an enjoyable fantasy world or an enjoyable video game world.
>>
Boring
>>
Too safe for a new IP. It didn't do anything wrong, but it didn't do anything right either. If they were going to go that way, they might as well have gone for graphic simplicity and a low budget.
>>
>>389799081
PLAYER
>>
Vanilla, which as Bill Nye explains to us, is just not that cool.
>>
All the fantasy aspects felt like they were just crossing things off a checklist. The only interesting thing was the player.
>>
>>389797838
The geniuses at EA decided to release it 3 months after Skyrim.
>>
>>389800168
MMO
>>
>>389797838
The economy of Rhode Island.
>>
>>389797838
it was a big huge game
>>
>>389797838
Level scaling making different areas feel like a mediocre content conveyor belt rather than unique places.
Claustrophobic maps.
An absolutely hideous UI.
Repetitive combat with repetitive combat music.
>>
Redownloaded this today after dropping it before with a 17 hour save.

Should I pick up where I left off, make a new character, or just uninstall again
>>
>>389797838

No one has given the actual answer yet.

They where making an MMO and changed it to a single player game mid development.
>>
>>389801920
uninstall
>>
>>389797838
Didn't it bankrupt the state of Rhode Island?
>>
It lacked soul.
>>
>tfw you really enjoyed this game for the fun combat and OP wizard abilities and think a sequel would have had great potential with the whole fate being undone thing
>>
>>389802851
Thanks, I'll pick something else to play.
>>
>>389797838
it was designed as an MMO at first and repurposed into a single player RPG.

it was doomed to be bland from the start.
>>
>>389797838
Play Elder Scrolls Online if you want a decent single player MMO

But even ESO has bullshit like the crafting bag and other shit.

The only reason why I recommend you ESO is because ESO looks just great, no monthly fee, the quests (especially main quest) are really good, and most importantly Kingdoms of Amalur has NO 4k SUPPORT!

I'm still triggered that you either play the game in 1080p or don't...

The other "good" MMOs out there are WoW/FF14 and GW2. WoW and FF are only playable if you pay monthly so I would never play this shit. GW2 on the other hand is much worse than ESO. The graphics and god tier updates made ESO from a shit game to the best B2P game out there. The only problem with ESO is that you can easily invest 150 $ into the game if you want all DLC and the Morrow wind expansion... But with the 25 $ gold edition you have the most content and can play completely alone until you want to dump the game.

But MMOs are shit anyway. You can't mod the game at all. In ESO I hat that the bag space and other things are only made so you have to invest more money or time into the game than necessary. It's sad that DA:I is the closest game you can get to have the MMO experience.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.