[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is it a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: letöltés (2).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
letöltés (2).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
I heard people already completed it in a few days, isn't it an MMO or they gave up on that meme?
>>
>>389796284
Short answer. Yes it's a very good improvement on the original.

They should be pumping updates out soon enough.

These guys turbo through it just to bitch about how short it is I mean come on you make me believe you scouring every inch and doing all tasks and what have you.
>>
>>389797263
>one use micro transaction shaders that give weapons stats

yeah im gonna pass on that shit
>>
>>389797664
>one use micro transaction shaders that give weapons stats
that's not even true.
>>
>>389796284
You can power through the main campaign in no time, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. It was actually pretty fun and it cuts out a lot of the unnecessary bullshit. You can get all of your subclasses maxed out very quickly. It's pretty much an improvement over the original in every conceivable way so far, although I haven't hit the grindathon yet.
>>
No it isn't
>>
>>389796284
Yeah it's not half bad. Raid soon and Trials starts up next week I guess so it should be fun for a good while.

I kinda want them to rebalance the PvP though and give back 6v6 for christ's sake.
>>
>>389796284
its basically the same as the first one. Expect to have to pay another 150 dollars for it to have a decent amount of content
>>
Is PC going to have to as long as consoles for that raid to drop?
>>
>>389798248
>its basically the same as the first one
More incorrect shitposters are on their way. Incorrect
>>
>>389798248
It has decent content right now.
>>389798368
I hope not. I'm sure it will be the same wait though. It's not that the raid isn't ready, it's that Bungie likes to hold it back until players have leveled up and experienced a good chunk of content before they drop the raid and everyone starts the cycle.
>>
How is this if u dont have any friends to play with?
>>
>>389798670
I put 200h into Destiny only playing with friends and randoms occasionally. It's fine but I think most peopl won't like it that way so be wary.
>>
>>389798523
please elaborate on how im wrong
as far as i can tell the changes they made to the game are very small
>>
how many hours have you played of it so far
>>
>>389797664
You didn't even try to play the game.
>>
>>389797263
the new weapon layout is fucking my mind
>>
>>389799082
>as far as I can tell
casual confirmed
>>
>>389799236
i played the beta
as far as i can tell they gave everyone an extra ability and changed weapons around
the hunters didnt even get changed at all
>>
GOOD GOYIM, DON'T FORGET TO BUY THE SEASON PASS FOR ONLY $34.99 WHICH INCLUDES DLC 1 AND 2 OUT OF 8
>>
File: 1504668138110.png (190KB, 589x417px) Image search: [Google]
1504668138110.png
190KB, 589x417px
I'm enjoying it. I finished the main story,and it's cool having a new hub. I just felt that the story, and characters for that matter are still incredibly lackluster, and thus makes it hard to get into both the universe, and the story. It's better than the first game, sure, but it could have been improved upon a lot more.

The new shader system is fucking trash though, and the reasoning for it is fucking stupid. The main issue with it is that you're replacing your gear CONSTANTLY, so any weapon or piece of armor you might have used a shader on will eventually just become obsolete.
>>
>>389798523
Literally everyone that has "reviewed" Destiny 2 has said it is Destiny 1 with more polish, but still has many of the same problems, so what head cannon are you trying to force here?
>>
>>389799082
Have you played Destiny? Have you played Destiny 2? The game is similar in essence as it should be, it's a sequel. The content variety and level design has improved along with the enemy AI. It's an obvious change to someone who has played and understands the games but to those looking on the outside in I could understand why you think it looks the same. It's like people who can't tell the difference between Smash 4 and Brawl.
>>
>>389796284
Good? No.
Entertaining? Yes.
Worth the money? I would say no.

There are several notable regressions in character customization and gear in general. Exotics feel less worthwhile than ever and damn near all of the gear is bland as hell, which is a shame since I was counting on it to come through and make up for the shitty new subclass perk clusters. It feels more like a "hero shooter" than an RPG to me.
The writing is DREADFUL. Filled with terrible cliches you'd see in
>if you kill him you'll be just like him
threads and quips.

If you care more about PvP you might get more mileage out of it. I don't know, I hate it.
>>
>>389799445
Just accept your rainbow armor friend. You're in first person 99% of the time anyway.
>>
File: 1450240773760.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1450240773760.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>389799330
>Calling someone else Casual while you are defending the most casual of games
>>
>>389798523
I like the game, but don't lie anon. It really does feel like a glorified expansion. You're still fighting the same fucking enemies too, and the "planets" are still just big open spaces with some things littered about.

Also still being unable to customize your character after you make it is stupid, and the fact that they literally didn't add fucking anything in the way of new faces, accessories, hairstyles, etc. is so goddamn stupid.

>>389799631
It makes me wish that it was in third person sometimes, honestly.
>>
>>389799575
I played the beta and as far as im concerned its mostly the same game
you can keep saying the fact that they added next to nothing is a vast improvement but at the end of the day its not a sequal as much as it could easily have just been an expansion
and some of the changes are garbage like one use shaders
please explain the changes that were big enough for this to be considered a sequel and couldnt have been added through dlc and patches
>>
>>389799882
>It makes me wish that it was in third person sometimes, honestly.

Would be nice if they gave the option to switch between FP and TP. I agree though, would help with some of the platforming elements.
>>
>>389799893
What does a sequel need to add? What makes Bayonetta 2 a sequel but not this? Or God of War 2?

I'll say it's an expansion then because I think that's fair to say of Destiny though it's a bad expansion because we lost everything from before. I'm not typing out the changes because I don't really care enough.
>>
>>389799893
>>please explain the changes that were big enough for this to be considered a sequel
They wanted to "reset" players and decided that they'd just make it a sequel to try and lure people back into the game.

Honestly Destiny 2 suffers the same problem that Splatoon 2 has where if I were to look at a screenshot from either game, I'd have trouble figuring out which is 1 and which is 2.
>>
>>389800225
i didnt say it was a good expansion at all
i said its more or less just the same game again
there is a difference between changing a few things
and making a whole new game
im not saying it shouldnt be like the first but it shouldnt be exactly the same exact thing save a new ability and some ai tweaks
>>
they barely changed the Fallen and Cabal models and they didn't even bother to change the Vex
>>
>>389796284
No
>>
>>389800407
>shouldn't be exactly same
It isn't. Why shouldn't it be anyway? There are plenty of well recieved sequels that do exactly what you just described.
>>
Halo 2 feels much more like an actual sequel to Halo 1 than Destiny 2 is to Destiny 1. The entire way through I just felt as if I was playing the same game again.
>>
>>389800634
With a track record that Bungie has, I think people honestly just expected more from them.
>>
>>389800634
because while it still suceeded destiny 1 was a dissapointment and only got kinda good after 3 expansions on top of that the pvp never stopped being garbage and the devs went out of their way to make sure it got worse over time
if that sounds good then by all means keep playing your terrible cashgrabs
>>
>>389800880
Fair enough.
>>389800882
It's better than Destiny. I like the content more. I guess Bungie didn't really care to realize the true potential of what Destiny 2 could have been because plenty of people still enjoyed the original and will enjoy this game despite the fact. The PvP is somehow worse though.
>>
>>389801093
you have my attention
please
how the fuck is it possible to make the pvp worse
geniune question
>>
>>389801441
They've limited all modes to 4v4 and put shotguns, snipers, and fusion rifles under the "heavy weapons" category. You build supercharge much slower and ability cool downs are slow as fuck. I'm not sure if there's even armor for cool down reduction anymore. The games rarely ever hit the goal and instead always end in time out. Now if you didn't like destiny pvp because of all the strong weapon and ability variation then maybe you'll like this more but I miss the 6v6 craziness.
>>
>>389801771
Not to mention the fact that the game has less skills in general now so there are less build options to play around with.
>>
File: modernbungie.jpg (17KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
modernbungie.jpg
17KB, 334x393px
>>389796284
>Destiny comes out
>The Light and the Darkness are two ancient magical cosmic forces that never stop fighting. Neither of them is totally good or totally bad, both manipulate species into fighting for them.
>Destiny 2 comes out
>Round white ships good, triangle black ships bad. Shoot bad guys in the face bro!
Fucking hell
>>
>>389797664
The game literally hand you a Bright Engram everytime you level up past 20. There is absolutely no need to purchase them.
>>
>>389802076
>Destiny 1
>Story
>>
File: Destiny-2-Shaders.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-Shaders.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>389797664
The shaders are now consumable items that can be used on more things than before, you get shaders from engrams and also from bright engrams

+5 weapon mods drop from bright engrams

Every time you level up past lvl 20 you get a bright engram. (Around 90 mins of playing)

None of the +10 mods drop from bright engrams

>Shaders are the only complaint about the game

I'd say the game is pretty good then
>>
>>389802742
Doesn't make the shader system any less awful.
I like the idea of mixing and matching various colors, but you're replacing your gear constantly, so you'll end up just not using them because it'll be a fucking waste.
>>
>>389802742
zero outta ten go fuck yaself, jabrooni betcha think you're the hottest shit wittat meat missle stuffed in yer corn hole
>>
File: (You).jpg (301KB, 1200x1520px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
301KB, 1200x1520px
>>389802457
>he doesn't know about the dank lore that bungie never put into the actual game because their target audience doesn't know how to read
>>
>>389802742

>Shaders are the only complaint about the game
Other than the micro transactions, eververse shit, downgraded build options, down graded weapon rolls, the stuffing all the special weapons in to the heavy slot, 4v4 only pvp, terrible writing, idiotic characters, being an expansion marketed as a sequel, no changing character appearance, no new character customization, and the retarded dlc scheme
>>
>>389799882
>It really does feel like a glorified expansion.
I feel the same about the Dark Souls sequels, but they're still sequels and not expansions.
>>
>>389799893
>I played the beta and as far as im concerned its mostly the same game

You haven't even played 1/30 of the game, dude. That's like judging Crash 2 is the same as Crash 1 based on the first two levels.
>>
>>389796284
its good. ignore micro transaction crybabies, you get that shit every time you rank up past level 20.

campaign was a blast.
>>
>>389796284
First
You can beat most games in a few days too

Second
Bungie never claimed the game was an MMO, they said it had aspects similar to one
>>
>>389802076
>light is white
>darkness is black
>WoooaAhhaoOahw how could bungie do this to us
Those ships have been in the concept art for years anon, and there is nothing wrong with them
>>
>>389801771
Armor with cooldown reduction confirmed I have one. But arc subclass must be on. I'm a titan also armor mods have cooldown perks.
>>
It's ok. Exactly the same as the first one, which was also just ok. Perfect for mindless grinding and listening to music. Not much good for anything else. Multiplayer is still hot garbage.
>>
>>389798670
Fine for maybe 20 hours or so, but you're pretty well fucked when it comes to endgame.
>>
>>389797926
>You can get all of your subclasses maxed out very quickly

then why not just give us all the abilities from the start. I hate when they make the barrier to entry paper thin like that.
>>
>>389801441
They replaced "frustrating" with "boring." Honestly most of the matches I've been in so far feel like a very casual Trials of Osiris, just small groups clustering around hallways with hand cannons and waiting for the other side to fuck up. Even the devastating ass poundings only end when the clock expires.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.