[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok /v/, Nintendo has tasked you with designing the newest Mario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: mario_party_10.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mario_party_10.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
ok /v/, Nintendo has tasked you with designing the newest Mario Party. What are your
board ideas
minigame ideas
any extra stuff (like the sports stuff in 5)
>>
>dueling when both players reach a space
>bring back capsules
>no motion controls
>no kart, all can explore at their own pace
>minigames after all players have taken their turn
>8 players why not
>>
>>389796116
Dump the fucking car or whatever the thing is every player moves with
>>
>>389796116
Online play, preferably using a dedicated server. Not having online play in fucking Mario Party was a huge missed opportunity.

All CPU parties without having to toggle a human player, to make setting up Retardies easier.

And yeah, agreed with everyone else who say ditch the party car.
>>
>tfw no Super Mario Party that's a "best of" with a shitload of boards and minigames from the series.
>>
AI only mode

Return of the Mic

Character Specific Items
>>
>>389796116
GIVE US ONLINE IT'S FUCKING 2017 also make sure the game isn't absolute fucking garbage like the past 5 games.
>>
speaking of AI only, does anybody have the AR codes for all cpu MP 7 and 8 asking for a friend
>>
>>389797663
>mp8
>>
surely a new Mario Party would include online play right? Right?
>>
>>389799276
This is Nintendo we're talking about here, so everything to do with online is more of a dice roll than anything else.
>>
>>389799492
>dice roll

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
Well. The newest Mario Party was actually good again, except that it was stuck on a system terribly suited for a game like Mario Party.

Now if the Switch would just get Mario Party, it might be great again.
>>
Remaster all Mario Party maps, add online play, call it Super Mario Party, Remove the fucking wagon, have just 1 release of Super Mario Party and aim to support it with new maps and mini games over the life cycle of the console, release a fully featured Mario Party and give free content updates for the first 6 months, charge reasonably for additional content, allow players to choose what content they want or buy an annual content pass and get that same content at a discount.
>>
>>389800105
pure kino
>>
File: Bowser Chance Time.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bowser Chance Time.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>389797453
>>389797128

Considering that even a 20 turn game takes up to an hour, I can easily see why Mario Party has never had an online mode. After all, what would happen if someone were to disconnect for some reason?
>>
File: 1419484549.jpg (15KB, 314x300px) Image search: [Google]
1419484549.jpg
15KB, 314x300px
>>389802557
>After all, what would happen if someone were to disconnect for some reason?
>Chance Time
>>
>>389802557
could just replace them with a CPU, or do something to punish them for d/cing on purpose
>>
I'd cherry pick the more interesting boards/minigames/gimmicks from all the titles in the series and update them into one game. I'd please my overlord money hungry masters by making lots of DLC packs for new boards and minigames and continue supporting it until the Switch is done then port it onto the next system and repeat the cycle.
>>
>>389796116
We devs ditch a good idea, why is it so hard for them to go back?

I'm aware NDCube are a different company but they keep trying to reinvent the wheel for some reason.
>>
>>389804620
Nintendo brought Hudson's devs back in for Bomberman R, and that succeeded enough that they recouped their investment. Maybe they can get to work on a new Mario Party?
>>
Go back to old school with boards
>>
>>389802557
>>389802980
>replace character with CPU
>if CPU loses, still counts as loss for player

Sounds good to me.
>>
>>389804762
ND Cube is ex Hudson devs.
>>
>>389804620
They don't want to go back because there's already 9 titles in the series that play similarly and they want to find a game that doesn't leave people sitting around doing nothing for as long as traditional Mario Party does.

They struggled to find something as good so far but Star Rush was a good step in a new direction. I assume they'll eventually go back to the old style though just because they know that's what most people keep asking for and it'll generate some good sales.
>>
>>389796116
A perfect Mario Party must have mushroom mixup and/or hexagon heat minigame
no exceptions
>>
>>389796116
mine would just be like the old ones, but powerups will actually be themed to the main games. One of the boards will be a race track theme. 2 or 3 players are allowed to turn off computers and just play against each other like in Mario party 9. Finally, it will have internet capabilities
>>
>>389807860
they should speed up transitions then, and not make it mandadtory to listen to some retarded dialogue for 5 minutes before beginning
>>
>>389796468
This and boards from the previous games
>>
>>389796468
I like the dueling idea.
>>
I'd make it a cooperative/competitive board game where Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, and Wario team up to fend off an invasion from the Beanbean Kingdom or something. Similar to e.g. the Xcom board game where players work together, but unlike it players are scored separately at the end to determine the winner.

There would be both pvp and pve minigames. Pvp would have 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, 2v2, and free-for-all game types and award points (coins, stars, whatever) to the winner as well as bonuses and powerups that make pve minigames easier. Pve would take the form of a battle minigame from the Mario series, for example the SMB3 Hammer Bros. encounter where instead of Hammer Bros. you encounter some Beanbean enemy or something. The pve minigames would be possible solo or teamed up with 1, 2, or 3 other players and balanced so that solo is hard but awards the most points on victory and subtracts the most points on loss, whereas teaming up splits the points evenly.

The end result I'm going for is that you largely cooperate but you also fuck each other over to become the winner. You might even cooperate to fuck over another player. And if you take too long then the invaders win and all players lose. Not sure if it would work.
>>
File: nyaruko.gif (623KB, 360x263px) Image search: [Google]
nyaruko.gif
623KB, 360x263px
>>389796116
Get rid of the car
Bring back costumes
Bring back Donkey Kong
Create private online rooms
There I did it, what do I win
>>
>>389802557
Just create incentives for completing games even when you're in last place
Maybe you save up coins that let's you get more costumes for characters or something
>>
>>389802557
I was expecting online since MPDS. At least allow the option to play with friends online.
>>
>>389796116
Full tabletop dnd.
>>
>>389807860
>doesn't leave people sitting around doing nothing for as long as traditional Mario Party does.

Literally all they have to do is speed up animations and stuff. So much shit on the board just drags on for no goddamn reason.

>hey, here's an item that will steal coins from everyone
>now let's spend the next half minute slooooowly showing those coins being taken
>>
>>389811436
it's why mp1-3 are the best. Everything is fast and the pre-rendered boards are easier to read.
>>
The art style was better before 7th gen

It's so colorful now that it almost hurts to look at
>>
File: 1503445354068.jpg (40KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
1503445354068.jpg
40KB, 400x426px
>>389796116
Hear me out. Mario Party: Risk
>>
File: 1447274548591.gif (120KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
1447274548591.gif
120KB, 777x777px
>>389813273
the ultimate rage inducing game
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.