[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: 1.jpg (19KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
19KB, 852x480px
Tell me your groundbreaking idea for a videogame, anon.
>>
stinky feet: feet on the street
>>
File: 1494364016654.png (168KB, 503x474px) Image search: [Google]
1494364016654.png
168KB, 503x474px
a game that appeals to a wider audience
>>
Horror game with tank controls, you play as a character in a wheelchair, possibly first person.
>>
>>389792468
Go on...
>>
File: IMG_0273.jpg (166KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0273.jpg
166KB, 800x555px
>>389792281
A Deus Ex style RPG set in a world ruled by psychic pedophile vampires that are trying to create and control a transcendent consciousness in the human noosphere to serve and cohabitate with demonic super organisms in the twelfth dimension.

Sir.
>>
>>389792515
That would be funny for the first five minutes, then it would just be clunky.
>>
File: 1496567461070.jpg (153KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496567461070.jpg
153KB, 960x720px
>>389792516
It's also a cinematic experience
>>
>>389792516
an already established, recognizeable IP
>>
A spiritual successor to Disney's Toontown. Turn-based MMO with dynamic battling (can join other people's battles) and a dynamic environment (enemies can take over buildings or other parts of the overworld).
>>
>>389792281
>be valve employee
>want to make more money
>too lazy to bring new ideas to the table
>see hearthstone
>idea.jpg
>make a new card game based on dota 2 lore because dota 2 is the only game we care about
>relese teaser during internationals
>the crowd is fucking disappointed
>fuck
>meet up with gaben after in a meeting
>hes pissed
>"make people like this or else we don't get big bucks"
>there's literally no way people will love this
>I don't have any ideas
>go to /v/ and make a thread asking for a bunch of faggots to give me a new idea
>profit
>>
>>389792865
>>389792908
I'm sold anon, unfortunately, we don't the rights to any recognizable franchises. Do you have one in mind?
>>
An open world game, you shoot the bad man and the bad man dies, except when he don't then you shoot some more. Your mission is varied and very interesting: Ride a vehicle, select your moral argument, take the cover while the shooting is being made, ride on the motorcycle. You are the main character american hero CHENGHONG JIANPENG who fights for the people of the countries.
>>
>>389793008
people are only disappointed it's hl3 not that it's a dota 2 card game, I actually think it'll be fairly successful depending on how good it is as Dota 2 has a playerbase to tap into already and they're likely going to copy their incredibly successful true f2p model while allowing the steam marketplace to truely abuse an online TCG

>GOLD foil ANTIMAGE

pls god
>>
>>389792281
It's Dark Souls.
But it's an MMO.
>>
>>389793087
Ask Square Enix, they'll probably give the rights to Legacy of Kaine for pennies.
>>
Come on people, get creative! I need some damn results!
>>
>>389793237
Hmmm, good job! It says here that there are vampires in the game? Could you replace those with zombies?
>>
>>389792281
A class based stealth based squad based tactical rpg about spies and international politics in a futuristic dystopian world.
>>
>>389793435
Will there be a multiplayer component and publicly available merchandise?
>>
>>389793427
Certainly can sir, would you like us to add crafting elements?
>>
An open world, survival horror, zombie game with crafting elements. Released as early access in an incredibly buggy state never to be improved upon or changed... Until the main villain shows up, aware that they're in a shit game, and starts trying to fix and change everything. Including trying to erase the shitty SJW diversity quota that is the protagonist.
>>
>>389793759
Yes, but I'm only willing to give you a couple of programmers and a lead designer for crafting. Or would you rather have your lead designer elsewhere? I'm on the phone with Squaresoft HQ.
>>
Reposting from last thread

Caesarion, a spiritual successor to the classic Caesar and Pharaoh City Building Games featuring new, deeper mechanics as well as a wider scope of content.

Major new functions include:
>Overhauled Walkers and Road system. Walkers behave more like laborers in modern city builders, requiring road management only in large established cities to streamline labor
>Larger focus on industry system with adjacency bonuses and production chains inspired by Anno
>New Religion system with allied and opposed Gods. It is not possible to keep all Gods happy, and creating a strong city requires balancing Gods favors. More Gods are also present
>Advisors now have their own agendas and demands that give benefits if catered to, further allowing specialization or useful immediate affects.
>Different regions have entirely different tilesets and resources, as the game combines the main settings of Caesar III and Pharaoh/Caesar
>cities have more organic growth, as more buildings have more levels and unique demands to improve on top of basic needs checklists
>>
>>389794007
Anon, please, don't bore me to tears.
>>
>>389793939
Our lead designer needs to focus on the open-world aspect of this game.
>>
>>389794152
>he doesn't know that Banished and Cities Skylines printed money
Lmao
>>
Cyberpunk/Fantasy Action RPG with lesbian anime girls.
>>
>>389794224
Square Enix's asking price is a little high, if we were to go forward with this, I'd have you know that you would have only one cinematic director and a composer with no choir. Would a synth soundtrack be good enough?
>>
>>389792281
I'm still clueless as to why the Valkyria Chronicles combat system has not been used in any other game.

My dream game would be a Third-Person Grand Startegy game with BotW amount of liberty. Also, it would be set during the Chinese Warring States period.

Basically, you would administer your cities and then you would battle the enemy states. You'd have the ability to change the game's perspective from 3rd person to overhead-map-looking mode, just like in Valkyria Chronicles. Finally, the entire game would be one huge open-world map and you'd be free to move anywhere you wanted, anytime you wanted.
>>
>>389794475
Ask for a random designer at Crytal Dynamics. clueless fans will think we got the original developers working on the game.

As for the soundtrack, just call the guys who did the soundtrack for Doom(2016).
>>
>>389794224
I propose a skill tree, that let's the consumers unlock additions to the gameplay mechanics with points they earn by using the base mechanics normally. If we have a carrot for the consumers to chase, I am sure they will keep playing long enough to still be an active consumer base when we release the first DLC pack! Be sure to include a reminder in the game for when they have unspent skill points though, we don't want them to forget the feature.
>>
>>389793754
Multiplayer for sure, merchandise would be the publishers responsibility.
>>
>>389794672
Okay, anon, I expect a working prototype in, say, 10 weeks? Get to it!

Oh, and your wife called, did you pull out a mortgage?
>>
Anyone still have any ideas?
>>
Apart from all the unfunny middle-schooler profane humor passed around here as a legit idea, I think all game types have already been explored . What we are seeing are now just obvious hybrids of games which mechanics are borrowed from somewhere else.
>>
>>389796414
That's not true. There's plenty of untapped potential in the game industry. People just aren't creative.
>>
Rhythm game with music by Carpenter Brut and FM-84 where a aesthetic scene plays in the background that gets more ludicrous and entertaining the better you play.
>>
Two words:
Cyberpunk
Ninjas
>>
>>389792281
A first person shooter where you shoot up a school, then escape the police, then you go into a sewer, but then they surround the sewer, So you find an Megasuit and a secret lift, that lowers you down to a top secret military research campus where they are performing ungodly experiments with nanomachines, producing a deadly spawn known only as biomass. Your escape is almost untimely, and you find the sewer that you had lowered from is now being wretched by the biomass. You escape into the dense forest, masking your trail into a small town with a massive cathedral, where you kill everyone inside during mass and jesus comes off of the fucking cross and you kill him and then you go into the giant second floor with several flights of wooden stairs, where you kill all of the choir girls. You hear helicopters, then all of a sudden, biomass comes pooring in through the roof, so you retreat to the sub-basement of the church where you find a dirt tunnel that leads not far from home. You then find the dealer and it turns out he doesn't have the scholarship money: he tells you that you can get the money from "his overlords". To reach his overlords, you must first find a key in the local school's gynocenter. A gynocenter is a interdimensional rift that leads to a cafe where every woman and girl in the school must conspire. He then says that with the key will open the door to MSNBC's archival room, so you go back to the school, which is now overrun by biomass, and you open the locker and enter the gynocenter, which is filled with only black women, whom all you kill, You get the key, and get out. You ransom a helicopter pilot at the local news station to fly you to MSNBC, which he does, but he crash lands on the 83rd floor. Injured, you make your way to the archival room, where you are teleported to the Andromeda Galaxy which is ruled by the Judaioids. The Judaioids are these humanoid things with giant noses and they use Jews to control humanity. You eventually succumb
>>
File: 1469955630523.png (172KB, 581x437px) Image search: [Google]
1469955630523.png
172KB, 581x437px
>Generic European Fantasy game
>You're the villain
>Decide what kind of evil you unleash
>Choices like Bandit king, Evil Wizard, King of Thieves
>Boss fights are plucky groups of adventurers that try to defeat you and save the realm
>Kill or enslave them, make them your evil champions to send on missions
>>
File: satan.png (350KB, 608x551px) Image search: [Google]
satan.png
350KB, 608x551px
The final boss fight is you fight satan's planetary torso on heaven, you ride a flying bike that speaks and basically looks like Judas Priest's Painkiller album cover, you can throw it as a chainsaw and transforms into one
This plays in the background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOLQvk_VIw
>>
>>389792281
An adventure game about hobos in the Great Depression filled with supernatural elements.
>>
>>389792752
Is "psychic pedophile vampires" a reference to something? I've seen that exact phrase a few different places here
>>
>>389798640
And set in that Central Park shanty town.
That'd be so damn cool...
>>
>>389798791
I did have the idea that it would be set ina shanty town run by hobos, but in Iowa
>>
A story about a cave-girl trying to launch herself to the moon
>>
>>389798773
The Alex Jones podcast interview
>>
>>389798773
Alex Jones on Joe Rogan
>>
>>389792281
Something like issac but multiplayer pvp
>>
>>389792752
So real life sim basically
>>
>>389792281
A game starring a peasant doing peasant things
>>
File: 1499829778997.jpg (6KB, 232x144px) Image search: [Google]
1499829778997.jpg
6KB, 232x144px
>>389792281
it's an FPS puzzler
but with 3 portals
>>
>>389792281
Literally dark souls without the RPG elements and MC is a cute anime girl.
>>
an fps in the vein of half-life that lies in a 1962 world that was dominated by the german reich until hitler died, leading into many nazi remnants with different idealogies
>>
first person RTS
>>
File: jobless-men-keep-going.jpg (77KB, 648x282px) Image search: [Google]
jobless-men-keep-going.jpg
77KB, 648x282px
>>389798917
Apparently they were called Hoovervilles, it'd be such a grimdark world, but so memorable.
>>
Start off as a crazy psychic expiremnt that's unleashed into an open world island and your goal is to dystroy everything in site as the military tries to stop you but they can't , eventually you distroy most of the island and you can choose to fly off into the sunset or space but if you stay after waiting and exploring the island abit you see that there are survivors trying to rebuild at that point it becomes somewhat of a city builder game because you feel bad (or you don't and keep killing) and you have to make decisions and then America starts sending over covert assasins to end your reign and then send over giant home-made mecha and what not , there would be absolutely no tutorial or any clues as to what you can do. how'd I do?
>>
>>389792752
>>389798773
>>389799202
Yeah, basically.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
>>
any unique mechanics?
>>
>>389792281
Alright, get this:
It's a Sci-Fi First Person shooter.
Kinda open world.
Where you're a bounty hunter in this grimmy, dirty, cyberpunk future.
But here's the catch:
You play as a Predator

Outcast in Predator society for [reason] you started a life as a bounty hunter and quickly became the baddest of the best. You're called for only the highest targets.
Gameplay it's pretty much Predator simulator, you have multiple visions, weapons, armor advancements and shit you can buy with bounty money.
You travel to multiple planets/abandoned space stations/shit after a specific target, there's multiple ways to hunt him down.
After that you go back to your cool spaceship filled with trophies and shit and collect the bounty.
Maybe you cross paths with a Xenomorph hive, multiple Predators after you, all that extra shit for variety.
>>
>>389792281
I<m working on the next Next Gen game, AMA

it requires a lot of inspiration and im stuck currently in my design, im wasting my time!
>>
>>389800628
Why make the robot in the shape of a horse?
>>
>>389792281
Playing a centaur sheriff in the wild west
>>
>>389800732
dunno not my model, but my game is a sci fi mmofpsrpg
>>
>>389800546
Holy shit yes.
>Killed prey that couldn't fight back
>Other Predators think you have no honour
>Can try and restore reputation or just be ruthless last resort of desperate clients
>>
>>389792281
A game about a photographer working for a popular tabloid, one of the recurring things photographed are of a masked menace and his exploits.
>>
File: 4567376.jpg (273KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
4567376.jpg
273KB, 1280x853px
ok, its called 'HELP!!! I Just Found Out My Older Sister is a Succubus!: just my life: Purest-Love Plaza'

its a action rpg-vn with loads and loads of character customization, for both the mc and the sister.

then you find out your aunt is a witch and she helps you get your older sister under control. for a price.
>>
>>389792281
It'd be neat to see a sort of spiritual sucessor to Live a Live with a similar premise, but different time periods/chapters
>>
You take Supreme Commander.
You give it Starcraft 2 resource gathering and coop missions
Then you add 9 Warhammer 40k factions
And Command and Conquer cutscenes
>>
OP here, I created this thread because I wanted to share >>389798113 plz no bully
>>
ok, op here for real this time.

I actually made this thread because I wanted to share >>389800961

plz mak geam
>>
A linear 3D platformer with an emphasis on third-person shooting elements and tech-heavy movement options. Basically mash up Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2, and Kid Icarus Uprising,gameplay-wise. Big, epic boss fights to boot.

Aesthetic is soft-cyberpunk with a stylized artstyle somewhere in-between 90s anime and realism, where you play as an android who slowly gains sentience over the course of the adventure and develops an unusual relationship with her owner.
>>
>>389801190
Sounds really edgy. It better have good gameplay, or else not even /v/ will give it a second look.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.